Author Topic: What has cRPG come to?  (Read 27321 times)

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
What has cRPG come to?
« on: August 15, 2012, 03:33:09 am »
+22
Seriously what has cRPG become now? just a cav and ranged feast everyone seems to be cav or ranged. what little inf there is now just seems to mop up the idiots or de-horsed, I know cRPG has seen more then its fair share of OP classes and crazy nerfs but this is just beyond madness, Battle now is no fun if I'm not shot down in seconds I'm being chased by 4-5 enemy cav. Although I my self play cav and I like a challenge but its so god dam boring that every map I see the last alive are always cav and ranged. What happened to the times when the last alive would be a few infantry with 1/4 HP left and the few alive would display a good show of skill and footwork?! Now 50% of the time its either some archers shooting 1 inf or a bunch of cav raping some half dead guy.

Personally this is killing my interest in cRPG I didn't join this community or mod to be ranged and cav spammed I joined it because the player skill level was higher in melee I could play my favorite class but also be challenged by everyother class at the same time. As unbalanced as cRPG can be its way more balanced then native but right now even natives unbalanced factions ranged classes seem more balanced then cRPGs!

I don't normally look in the balance section of the forum because I normally think "I don't know to much about balancing Ill leave it to the guys who do" and to be honest so every earlier version even going back to the peasant wars and the AOE of XP and gold was better then this version of cRPG. As unbalanced as it was then at least it was fun to play now its just frustrating and boring I rarely see a good fight between two inf anymore on battle, and yes I know duels are for EU_3 but I remember the time when the two last alive had some bad ass duels and it would last for what seemed forever. Now I get to watch some archers shoot a 2her so he becomes a pincushion.

To be honest I think that with all this cav and ranged spam its making the inf have a harder time and the people who are genuinely good at ranged or cav are being shooed out of the picture because there's so many other in their class they cant do as well. Maybe its just me but I seriously think that if this carries on then I might actually prefer Native to cRPG and I really don't want that. Iv seen amazing clans and people on here like fallen, SoA, Merc's, GK's, bandits, HRE, Nords.....Hell even the greys! But sadly I don't enjoy fighting against these clans members or beside them anymore as I'm either lanced or shot before I meet them on the field.

Most of you will probably think "pfft dis guy QQing about ranged and cav what a noob" sure you can call it QQing or whining or whatever you want my love for this game is slowly dying and Im really gutted that its happening because of 2 classes being spammed.

and for those of you who are going to hate, I'm a GK iv been playing cav since gen 1 and I have an alt for every class (apart from HA they suck!) and I'm a GK Its my Job to make you rage and hate.
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
Re: What has cRPG come to?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 03:35:22 am »
+38
Only solution: Blanket Ban EU.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ptolemy

• Weeaboo
  • Count
  • Renown: 257
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
  • Game nicks: Nomin
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 03:36:47 am »
+2
Agree with everything he says.

Also ban EU.

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 03:47:05 am »
+24
GK saying that there's too much cav.

Now I've seen everything.

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 03:48:23 am »
+2
I don't care if there's spam of archers or ranged or cavalry, as long as it's not OP (lance cavalry). If cavalry wasn't OP, I wouldn't mind cavalry spam, but maybe NA is different.

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 03:53:20 am »
+1
You should go on EU when its busy, its all ranged and cav what little inf there is their only a mop-up class atm  :(
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 03:54:46 am »
+31
I my self play cav and I like a challenge

Dude what.

Be the change you want to see in the mod, bro. If you don't like the amount of ranged and cav, don't play ranged or cav, and encourage others to follow you. That's really all you can do.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline snipercapt

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 20
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Araris, Brighid, Tsugan
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 03:55:48 am »
THIS MAN SPEAKS TRUTH
People still use shit from 12th century today, for example Microsoft Internet Explorer

Offline Sarpton

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hurlbat
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 03:58:27 am »
Dude what.

Be the change you want to see in the mod, bro. If you don't like the amount of ranged and cav, don't play ranged or cav, and encourage others to follow you. That's really all you can do.

Nailed it.  ( underlined the important bits.)

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 04:34:48 am »
Dude what.

Offline Kuyamzoleta

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 11
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Zoleta, WATCHOUT_SON
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 04:49:21 am »
+6
The game has an increased sense of realism and teamplay involved imo. You're starting to see a lot more 2h  and pole arm heroes getting shot down. Shielders are starting to become more prevalent in having more uses of their shield rather than having a block for themselves now. I used to be able to skip and sing to archers and now i'm scared to approach a line as a 2h hero because of the amount of firepower, as should be the case.
"twerk miley miley twerk"

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2012, 04:59:33 am »
+2
Having realism in cRPG is all good and well, but as I was told by someone and the person said "the game is evolving and if it keeps on it will end up just being ranged and it will be a medieval CoD" Personally I don't want cRPG to be a medieval CoD. Yes its fine to be afraid of some archers blackbow for example I normally just avoid him if I can because his so dam good and everyone should be afraid when alot of archers form up and increase their firepower. But this shouldn't be the case in every dam battle everyday I don't mind ranged as I know that takes skill but when more then 50% of the other team is ranged it just kills the game for me and I might as well go back on Xbox and play an FPS shooter.
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2012, 05:03:59 am »

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2012, 05:24:49 am »
+7

Offline Tindel

• Earl
  • Renown: 333
  • Infamy: 238
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tindel
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2012, 05:27:17 am »
+5
Come play siege, no cav and not that much ranged.