Author Topic: What has cRPG come to?  (Read 27294 times)

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
Re: What has cRPG come to?
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2012, 05:28:47 am »
Come play siege, no cav and not that much ranged.

Surprisingly true. Would think ranged would like siege more.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2012, 05:31:05 am »
+11
Yeah, cause cav and ranged have never been more powerfull than they are right now. Cause the good ole days of ridiculously high rate of fire and accuracy, and full lance angles and faster, more maneuverable horses were just a collective figment of imagination. Rose-colored glasses, full on.

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lemmy_Winks
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2012, 05:47:11 am »
+3
If you dont want others to play cav, how about you stop playing cav.

Offline HardRice

• Marshall
  • Renown: 740
  • Infamy: 161
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 187/Alligator
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2012, 05:47:49 am »
Only solution: Blanket Ban EU.

Okay, OppositePaul.

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2012, 05:49:27 am »
Going 10/33 Longsword infantry build next gen.

Fuck the police.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2012, 05:53:50 am »
+7
Seriously what has cRPG become now? just a cav and ranged feast everyone seems to be cav or ranged. what little inf there is now just seems to mop up the idiots or de-horsed, I know cRPG has seen more then its fair share of OP classes and crazy nerfs but this is just beyond madness, Battle now is no fun if I'm not shot down in seconds I'm being chased by 4-5 enemy cav. Although I my self play cav and I like a challenge but its so god dam boring that every map I see the last alive are always cav and ranged. What happened to the times when the last alive would be a few infantry with 1/4 HP left and the few alive would display a good show of skill and footwork?! Now 50% of the time its either some archers shooting 1 inf or a bunch of cav raping some half dead guy.

Personally this is killing my interest in cRPG I didn't join this community or mod to be ranged and cav spammed I joined it because the player skill level was higher in melee I could play my favorite class but also be challenged by everyother class at the same time. As unbalanced as cRPG can be its way more balanced then native but right now even natives unbalanced factions ranged classes seem more balanced then cRPGs!

I don't normally look in the balance section of the forum because I normally think "I don't know to much about balancing Ill leave it to the guys who do" and to be honest so every earlier version even going back to the peasant wars and the AOE of XP and gold was better then this version of cRPG. As unbalanced as it was then at least it was fun to play now its just frustrating and boring I rarely see a good fight between two inf anymore on battle, and yes I know duels are for EU_3 but I remember the time when the two last alive had some bad ass duels and it would last for what seemed forever. Now I get to watch some archers shoot a 2her so he becomes a pincushion.

To be honest I think that with all this cav and ranged spam its making the inf have a harder time and the people who are genuinely good at ranged or cav are being shooed out of the picture because there's so many other in their class they cant do as well. Maybe its just me but I seriously think that if this carries on then I might actually prefer Native to cRPG and I really don't want that. Iv seen amazing clans and people on here like fallen, SoA, Merc's, GK's, bandits, HRE, Nords.....Hell even the greys! But sadly I don't enjoy fighting against these clans members or beside them anymore as I'm either lanced or shot before I meet them on the field.

Most of you will probably think "pfft dis guy QQing about ranged and cav what a noob" sure you can call it QQing or whining or whatever you want my love for this game is slowly dying and Im really gutted that its happening because of 2 classes being spammed.

and for those of you who are going to hate, I'm a GK iv been playing cav since gen 1 and I have an alt for every class (apart from HA they suck!) and I'm a GK Its my Job to make you rage and hate.

Credibility: Lost

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2012, 07:12:59 am »
+4
Surprisingly true. Would think ranged would like siege more.

Because they cant grief players in siege thx to the respawn timer.

Also there is no web site kdr whoring plus you respawn so archers aren't looked upon as a serious threat like eu 1 fx.

And to the OP most of the guys who play melee have skipped the battle server cause lets be honest high lvl archery just makes you puke...  :lol:

I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2012, 07:39:23 am »
I believe all problems stem from the Courser and the Arabian.

Remove those two from the game and you'll see a lot of stuff fall back into line because everything that happens with infantry and ranged is a reaction to loomed coursers and arabians (mostly coursers).

After your 25th time being lanced in the back by a horse that's so fast you had no chance to hear it coming, you start thinking about things like spears.

After your 25th time being lanced in the back by a horse that's so fast you had no chance to hear it coming while trying to stab some other horse that simply stayed out of range of your spear, you start thinking about things like ranged.

So you either give up entirely and pick up a bow so you can hide in a tower and shoot horses or else you at least pick up power throw 4 so you can throw axes at horses, which I can tell you is WAY more effective than trying to spear them (good cav easily avoid spears but avoiding throwing means staying 50 meters away at all times).

The people who toughed it out and stayed infantry are now being shot and axed to death by ranged attacks that were originally picked up to be used on horses.  When there's no horses around, you use it on infantry instead.  These remaining infantry, tired of being peppered by ranged, will either go cav or ranged.  (They may briefly try shield only to realize it leaves them nearly defenseless against cav.)

I think if the best horse was the Destrier, you wouldn't see this cascade of failure occur because destriers aren't so awesome-fast or awesome-maneuverable to just make infantry give up.

The refusal to nerf coursers and arabians means this mod can never really find a balance.

Incidentally, what's up with horse acceleration in cRPG?  I was noticing in single player native, if you ram your horse into a crowd of people you're liable to grind to a halt.  cRPG seems to slow you down too but you recover speed so fast that unless you jam your horse into a smashed crowd of 10 infantry, you'll hit 1 and have your speed back before you hit the 2nd one, 5 feet further in.  Consequently you can ram through formations in cRPG that you would never attempt in native. Combine that with loomed courser speed and it's generally a free lance and a free getaway.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2012, 07:40:09 am »
+3
At fifteen, I had the will to  learn ; at thirty, I could stand ; at forty, I had no  doubts ; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding ;  at sixty, my ears were opened ; at seventy, I could  do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the  square.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2012, 07:52:55 am »
Because they cant grief players in siege thx to the respawn timer.

Also there is no web site kdr whoring plus you respawn so archers aren't looked upon as a serious threat like eu 1 fx.

And to the OP most of the guys who play melee have skipped the battle server cause lets be honest high lvl archery just makes you puke...  :lol:

True. Think a lot of people avoid siege because of the lack of reporting kdr to the website. But still.. its siege with a lot of things to shoot at coming up ladders or staying at the flag, etc. There's a lot of easy kills for ranged but it probably comes back to the kdr on the website..

And slamz, being shield doesn't make you defenseless against cav. It sucks against good cav though since they know some of the tricks inf try against cav. Bad cav can be killed pretty easily by shielders IF and this is a big one, IF they know they're there. If they're not paying attention or in a clusterfuck of melee.. then it didn't matter if they were bad or good, shit happens.

I will say that the arabian horse is amazing with its maneuverability. One of the reasons its loved by HX since it can turn so quickly and agilely to avoid ranged.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2012, 08:06:43 am »
I believe all problems stem from the Courser and the Arabian.

Remove those two from the game and you'll see a lot of stuff fall back into line because everything that happens with infantry and ranged is a reaction to loomed coursers and arabians (mostly coursers).

After your 25th time being lanced in the back by a horse that's so fast you had no chance to hear it coming, you start thinking about things like spears.

After your 25th time being lanced in the back by a horse that's so fast you had no chance to hear it coming while trying to stab some other horse that simply stayed out of range of your spear, you start thinking about things like ranged.

So you either give up entirely and pick up a bow so you can hide in a tower and shoot horses or else you at least pick up power throw 4 so you can throw axes at horses, which I can tell you is WAY more effective than trying to spear them (good cav easily avoid spears but avoiding throwing means staying 50 meters away at all times).

The people who toughed it out and stayed infantry are now being shot and axed to death by ranged attacks that were originally picked up to be used on horses.  When there's no horses around, you use it on infantry instead.  These remaining infantry, tired of being peppered by ranged, will either go cav or ranged.  (They may briefly try shield only to realize it leaves them nearly defenseless against cav.)

I think if the best horse was the Destrier, you wouldn't see this cascade of failure occur because destriers aren't so awesome-fast or awesome-maneuverable to just make infantry give up.

The refusal to nerf coursers and arabians means this mod can never really find a balance.
I don't try much anymore to look for horses because it's just draining always having to be looking behind and to the side. So basically if it's a slower horse I might possibly hear it in time to turn around but if it's a courser I'm dead. By the time you hear it it's too late. Anyway I think that's just one of the reasons people go archer. Another is melee takes a lot of energy and many players can block well so it's just easier to bypass melee and go ranged. Also....melee can get a bit boring and repetitive after a while too (be really good to have more moves/abilities).
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 08:22:27 am by Lichen »

Offline SHinOCk

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Is that all you've got!?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 1%
  • Game nicks: Occitan_SHinOCk, Occitan_Baz, Derp_In_A_Can, Disease_Infested_Cum_Bucket, The_Long_Dick_Of_The_Law
  • IRC nick: SHinOCk
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2012, 09:09:30 am »
At fifteen, I had the will to  learn ; at thirty, I could stand ; at forty, I had no  doubts ; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding ;  at sixty, my ears were opened ; at seventy, I could  do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the  square.
While you burn at the stake, i dance with the flames

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2012, 09:24:19 am »
+13
I remember a time when as inf I couldn't walk five meters in straight line without being shot to peaces by ultra accurate bows which had a shooting and damage rate of MG42.

I also remember when "official" How to survive as a peasant guide" offered a at the time sound advice to invest at least one point to shield skill, because you wont be able to get anywhere without it.

I also remember time when not the inf was the last standing, but instead roof monkeys shooting at each other, because ladders allowed them to remain unharmed without having to pay attention to their surroundings.

And I honestly can't remember when was this epic heroic time when inf was the last standing and they performed valorous duels at the end of the round, unless you are talking about Gnjus holed up somewhere with a Mallet, which he did in order to avoid being raped by ranged, btw.

And as for cav, I also remember dozens of elephants roaming around the field, and lance cav being able to turn that fucking lance 180 degrees, which you couldn't escape, while now it is enough to move half a meter and you wont be hurt.

All in all - At fifteen, I had the will to  learn ; at thirty, I could stand ; at forty, I had no  doubts ; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding ;  at sixty, my ears were opened ; at seventy, I could  do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the  square.. Free Panos.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2012, 09:44:25 am »
cRPG is ok.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2012, 09:56:09 am »
+3
Seriously what has cRPG become now? just a cav feast everyone seems to be cav.

Battle now is no fun I'm being chased by 4-5 enemy cav.

50% of the time its a bunch of cav raping some half dead guy.

Personally this is killing my interest in cRPG I didn't join this community or mod to be cav spammed

sadly I don't enjoy fighting against these clans members or beside them anymore as I'm lanced before I meet them on the field.

I'm a GK iv been playing cav since gen 1 and I have an alt for every class (apart from HA they suck!) and I'm a GK Its my Job to make you rage and hate.

So... you're trying to tell us that when you're cav and you rape infantry it's ok (it's your job to make us rage and hate, right?), but when other cav is raping you it's cav spam and your love for game is dying? Hm, seems reasonable... Wait, no, it's not. Let me tell you sth, you're fucking idiot and hypocrite my friend.