Author Topic: How to destroy balance in one move  (Read 4273 times)

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
Re: How to destroy balance in one move
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2012, 04:57:18 pm »
+3
Our beloved admins decided few weeks ago to buff ranged.

First it was all cool,but then number of archers increased drastically,so inf responded by going 1h shielders.
Then some ppl thought cool lots of archers,less pikes so we should all go and be couch noob lancers.
Others thought lots of cav,and short range inf so we should go pikers.

Resoult infrantery destroyed totaly. I think that there is 10 ppl who play as 2h in EU1 now.
Going without shiled is suecide,but there are our beloved lancers with arabian ponys who can do all cind of ninja moves so if you are not annyed enough by ~30 pikers,and at least 30 archers on server,you will absolutly rage when 10 lancers attack you every round.
Not to mention how balance is cool,so it happends that some teams have all ranged.

solution to this is nerf ranged. Number of shilders will drop,number of cav will drop,number of pikes will drop,number of 2h and polearmers will increase. So game will be balanced,and enjoyable to play.

Hello, Michael.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Cosmos_Shielder

• Baron
  • Renown: 137
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • French Connection Leader
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pecores
  • Game nicks: Roland De Gilead
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2012, 05:01:26 pm »
2h Are really fine , i'm playing a flamberge 2hander full force , and i have no problem being in the 5 first on the top score.
Btw 1hander needs a BIG NERF , but only on the duel server :D.  I don't know if it is the natural counter class to full force , or if i suck that much parrying one hand spammer who are too close to me , but i definetely suck against them :D

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2012, 05:01:38 pm »
Shaddup dexxtru, you are not included when he said beloved.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2012, 05:04:43 pm »
Actually no idea if it is already implemented. Should only help (mounted) throwers significantly because of their low projectile speed.

Edit: Speed bonus change indeed not added yet.
I'm so looking forward to this being added. Full on charge throwing lance throw. Ouch!
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2012, 05:21:34 pm »
I'm so looking forward to this being added. Full on charge throwing lance throw. Ouch!

Jump throwing is going to be epic :D

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2012, 05:47:45 pm »
Only change to speed bonus was that the shooter movement speed now counts towards damage like common sense dictates. The speed of the target always increased/decreased the damage. So foot archers and crossbowmen aren't affected at all because they usually stand still while they shoot.

From what I have seen lancer and 2h still dominate the scoreboards while the ranged pressure is a joke so I don't really see what the problem is.

You mean the guy getting shots movement speed?  The shooters speed has nothing to do with how fast it comes from the bow or crossbow

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2012, 05:52:36 pm »
+3
You mean the guy getting shots movement speed?  The shooters speed has nothing to do with how fast it comes from the bow or crossbow

Oh so you say if you throw a rock from a car moving 100km/h it doesn't fly faster than the rock you throw with the same force from stationary position?

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2012, 05:54:39 pm »
+5
Yup. That's how you survive a plane crash. Just jump off the plane about 5 feet from the ground. /physeacs

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2012, 05:56:06 pm »
+1
Welcome to EU:
(click to show/hide)

Rampant on EU.  Haven't noticed it at all on NA so far.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2012, 06:00:40 pm »
+1
Yup. That's how you survive a plane crash. Just jump off the plane about 5 feet from the ground. /physeacs

Also this:
(click to show/hide)

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2012, 06:05:33 pm »
+3
Just FYI since people still seem to think that everyone does balancing, there is a dedicated item/balancing team and afaik it's Fasader, Shik, Paul/Urist, Okin and cmp who implements most changes.

Everyone else is not involved in balancing at all.
Making more omg balance sucks threads will not change anything but always good to have some drama I guess.

So you balance ranged dmg around noobish str builds  :?:lol:

Yeah, figured everything that is not your build is noobish and as long as you fail with your build something else needs to be nerfed.

Obviously not everyone got the problems you have with ranged at least that's what I get from this thread.

no offence but you are... not very good archer

And I never claimed otherwise, I am way better with my noobish melee str build and still I enjoy playing an archer and piss off people who fail to adjust their gamestyle.

This actually got me on top of the scoreboard more than once when I actually played months ago.
Guess mostly because "head-on charge the archer!!!" players feed me.
Omnomnomnom

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2012, 06:14:02 pm »
+3
 Damn I knew the weekly admin balance team would fail eventually. I blame the american badmins, was their week you know.

Okey, trolling aside, you mean we can't just write this off as a shift in the meta game? Since we see the raise of range fairly consistently every few months..

Lol, trying to spell on smartphone.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 09:58:11 pm by Jacko »
Monkeys!

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2012, 06:14:33 pm »
Hmm, you too? I dunno anything about buffed archery and admins screwing up. But what I did felt was that the past 2 days ive pretty much avoiding playing in EU 1. Simply cause it just has shitloads of archers now and isnt really fun anymore. Every f*cking round started with the entire teams just camping in cover for 5 minutes waiting for the shitbag archers to stop their massive arrowbarage and I got seriuslly bored of it.

I dunno what caused this, mybe now everybody decided to go archer suddenly, but getting into melee is impossibru at the current state. This may cause C-rpg to drop in popularity. Cause at first I tought it was just me sucking, but I asked around ingame. Alot of melee players were pissed.

This is the actual point of this thread. You are right abbout everything.

the range buff was the shield nerf... if they just made shield a complete 180 degree force field itd be better since you could actually somewhat counter range that way, but it doesnt prevent them from ez mode running away

right now shields are useless and some kind of huge movement penalty or something is def needed when you have a range weapon (sheathed or unsheathed), that way you can die to melee if they get close. shit i used to be 18 21 and i couldn't catch archers, id hit them once and they just turn around and press W and outrun my other swings, fucking retarded

Well shielder chars get penalty in speed but they are not usless. It is fine class,butit could get some love.

@leshma i am shielder,and i will stay shielder. I would rather love to see 2h kuyak clone army then this what is now.
Shitloads of archers,shitloads of cav lancers that i can beat 1vs1 in melee fight with bouth hands tied,but they can kill me because of arab pony and lots of cav frends who first bump me to ground and then couch me while i am on ground. This thing is happening every time i enter the server.
Get shot by archer or get lanced by golden horde of noobs who suck at every other class exept lancer easy mode.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1512
  • Infamy: 665
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2012, 06:19:46 pm »
Well, I agree with Tzar that str builds are noobish. They are simply easier to play because of the way cRPG works.

Less fun yes, but definitely easier.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2012, 06:21:27 pm »
This is the actual point of this thread. You are right abbout everything.

Well shielder chars get penalty in speed but they are not usless. It is fine class,butit could get some love.

@leshma i am shielder,and i will stay shielder. I would rather love to see 2h kuyak clone army then this what is now.
Shitloads of archers,shitloads of cav lancers that i can beat 1vs1 in melee fight with bouth hands tied,but they can kill me because of arab pony and lots of cav frends who first bump me to ground and then couch me while i am on ground. This thing is happening every time i enter the server.
Get shot by archer or get lanced by golden horde of noobs who suck at every other class exept lancer easy mode.