Author Topic: How to destroy balance in one move  (Read 4443 times)

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
Re: How to destroy balance in one move
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2012, 03:56:01 pm »
Already looking forward to cmp returning and hitting us with damage stats.

Doubt much changed.

I thought the polestagger removal might have to do with it but since that is not live on NA it seems unlikely.

Saw about an hour of gameplay last week and it didn't look like there was much more ranged, battles were the same but lots of people were complaining about the amount of crossbows.

Due to the randomness in damage it's hard to just call for a ranged nerf, I myself need 3-7 bodyshots vs medium armor while 1-2 headshots work most of the time.

Lots of people gave up on good helmets which seems like a horrible idea but they are completely resistant to adjusting their gamestyle.

It also sounds a bit weird implying that there are many shielders but failing to move with them, sounds like some 2h heroes need to learn to play as a team.

When I can play again I'll roll an stf with some kind of poleaxe and medium to heavy armor just to check if anything changed.
Never had problems with ranged back when I played polearm melee and overall this sounds like we just reached the part of the endless whining cycle where everything except 2h is op.

The score changes should have the effect that ranged goes for horses which should nerf cav more than everything else.

Can't judge though due to lack of actual gametime so this is mostly theory and might be entirely different :mrgreen:

no offence but you are... not very good archer
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline duurrr

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: kekeeke
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2012, 04:04:15 pm »
the range buff was the shield nerf... if they just made shield a complete 180 degree force field itd be better since you could actually somewhat counter range that way, but it doesnt prevent them from ez mode running away

right now shields are useless and some kind of huge movement penalty or something is def needed when you have a range weapon (sheathed or unsheathed), that way you can die to melee if they get close. shit i used to be 18 21 and i couldn't catch archers, id hit them once and they just turn around and press W and outrun my other swings, fucking retarded

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2012, 04:05:11 pm »
+2

You know Mlekce, writin serious threads while being drunk never turns good  :lol:

the range buff was the shield nerf... if they just made shield a complete 180 degree force field itd be better since you could actually somewhat counter range that way, but it doesnt prevent them from ez mode running away

right now shields are useless and some kind of huge movement penalty or something is def needed when you have a range weapon (sheathed or unsheathed), that way you can die to melee if they get close. shit i used to be 18 21 and i couldn't catch archers, id hit them once and they just turn around and press W and outrun my other swings, fucking retarded

180 degree forcefield? Dammn, umad lol.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2012, 04:05:23 pm »

Now I want to know what you smoked too :D

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2012, 04:07:24 pm »
Now I want to know what you smoked too :D

Guess some magic mushrooms are the cause here...
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2012, 04:07:38 pm »
The scoreboard change has probably resulted in the increased range. You might get only a few kills in a round, but we can see now how much damage ranged really do
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 724
  • Infamy: 567
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2012, 04:16:52 pm »
+5
Mlekce probably respecced to 2H and now has issues with ranged.

I'm using polearms (no shield) and have no issues. Still hate throwers more than other ranged classes.

There are times when there are too many archers (on one team) but that's Fallen brigade playing on alts.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2012, 04:21:01 pm »
+3
I only hate archers when they're the last one(s) alive and drag the game out with boring and annoying kiting. Archery doing good damage and kiting mid-battle is not a problem. Archers should be dangerous.

(click to show/hide)
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 883
  • Infamy: 1366
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2012, 04:27:11 pm »
+3
Most archers are strong only in groups. One man show archers are very rare and most of them are lvl 34 and higher with 8 or 9 ath (bagge, nebun, shokoshugi tiborur).

Archers are usually last ones not because they stay away from melee fights but because they developed survival instinct. When every single mistake in positioning means certain death (being killed by lancer cav) you have to learn how to survive.

Most inf players don't use their brains, especially those with full str builds and ton of loomed armor on them.

Archery was buffed, actually fixed, few months ago. Before that fix it was pretty weak for few days.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2012, 04:27:22 pm »
I think the recent buff was velocity of target taken into account, so if someone tries to approach an archer he will take more damage than if he is running away. They also got increased armour allowed before wpf is affected, so people who wore armour over the limit before may noticed a tighter reticule, and others can have better protection against melee now.
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2917
  • Infamy: 450
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2012, 04:29:57 pm »
That's not a recent buff, it was always like that. It's called speed bonus and works for everyone besides mounted ranged classes but that will be fixed soon.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2012, 04:43:41 pm »
+2
Only change to speed bonus was that the shooter movement speed now counts towards damage like common sense dictates. The speed of the target always increased/decreased the damage. So foot archers and crossbowmen aren't affected at all because they usually stand still while they shoot.

From what I have seen lancer and 2h still dominate the scoreboards while the ranged pressure is a joke so I don't really see what the problem is.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2376
  • Infamy: 725
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2012, 04:45:26 pm »
+1
Only change to speed bonus was that the shooter movement speed now counts towards damage like common sense dictates. The speed of the target always increased/decreased the damage.\

You sure that was implemented in some of recent patches? Cause I can't feel HAs arrows hurting more than usual.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2012, 04:46:41 pm »
+4
Actually no idea if it is already implemented. Should only help (mounted) throwers significantly because of their low projectile speed.

Edit: Speed bonus change indeed not added yet.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2012, 04:52:12 pm »
+2
(click to show/hide)

Hmm, you too? I dunno anything about buffed archery and admins screwing up. But what I did felt was that the past 2 days ive pretty much avoiding playing in EU 1. Simply cause it just has shitloads of archers now and isnt really fun anymore. Every f*cking round started with the entire teams just camping in cover for 5 minutes waiting for the shitbag archers to stop their massive arrowbarage and I got seriuslly bored of it.

I dunno why but there just too much arrows flying in the air recently, lots more than before(or the archers are just getting more accurate). Before I didnt complain, it wasnt that bad and I even liked it that I also had to dodge arrows and attack enemies while calculating my movements. Now its a damn joke, the calculating part turned to bullshit 2 days ago, cause there really was nowere to run without getting shot. Getting to cover from spawn normally ended up with everybody who made it to cover getting atleast 2 arrows in their asses and barely even touching the enemy in melee. Gonna stick to smaller EU servers and siege till this shit gets playable again.

I dunno what caused this, mybe now everybody decided to go archer suddenly, but getting into melee is impossibru at the current state. This may cause C-rpg to drop in popularity. Cause at first I tought it was just me sucking, but I asked around ingame. Alot of melee players were pissed.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 04:58:25 pm by TiberiusX »