Author Topic: Europa Universalis General Thread  (Read 64635 times)

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
Re: Europa Universalis General Thread
« Reply #525 on: February 24, 2014, 02:01:27 pm »
Now that this is out for a longer time, which one do you prefer?

EUIII or IV? Is IV a better improvement?

I don't really have cash to buy EU IV, only got III Divine wind atm, and I really fancy some exotic playthrough.
EU4 is by far better especialy with MEIOU mod . if you cant buy it than pirate it right now.
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: February 24, 2014, 02:09:21 pm »
I find EU4 to be the CK2 version of EU3, not only engine-wise  but also on the interface-level, and europa universalis is a game of information panels  :P  so it is possible you dont like the changes.

Some changes on the top of my head :

- missions, national ideas, core system, ruler bonuses revisited
- badboy changed for aggressive expansion
- provincial decisions and population factor removed
- taxes-trade-production simplified
- diplomacy overhauled (for me its the best diplomacy system ever now, you should check it)
- more map filters
- over documented ledger (a bit too much... you can disable it entirely in your mp games)
- some changes taken from various competent mods
- ofc graphism

And like Latvian said the MEIOU & taxes mod makes it even cooler.

(MEIOU & taxes = MEIOU + death & taxes, the two "best" mods of EU3 for me)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 05:33:13 pm by Butan »

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: February 24, 2014, 02:15:24 pm »
Does the game still have this retarded vassal feature when all their armies just follow yours doing nothing except attrition? EU4 before patches was so nice to play as Steppe horde. Then they cut horde's balls & invented retarded vassals :(

One of my best mp games:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 02:24:15 pm by Segd »

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: February 24, 2014, 02:20:00 pm »
Would need a better player than me to check that  :D  I have just been trying to re-host a session lately and play-tested a few hours only.

What I saw was that there was a nice functionality of "follow me!" box request, where you can ask the AI to attach to your army (it is enabled by default). I've been told it works only if you're the leader of the actual war and the country army likes you enough (maybe army size is important too).

I'm not sure but it may mean that you can disable this box and noone will ever follow you.

And you dont need vassals with Steppe Horde, just auto-war neighbour and occupy a province and see it change ownership in between 3 to 24 months  :P  Once had a lovely Sibir playthrough where I went from 3 poor as shit shamanist provinces to full fledged Russia Steppe. Then got crushed by occidental russia because of technology difference :P

Offline Segd

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: February 24, 2014, 02:27:30 pm »
It was necessary to use vassals to expand in mp just to survive :) As timurid(screen above) I had up to 7 vassals at once(ate them all at the end of the party :) ). Btw, played whole party as a westernized horde xD Mugals sucked too much.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: February 24, 2014, 03:16:30 pm »
One of my best mp games:
(click to show/hide)

Was there any AI-controlled nations left?  :shock:

Offline Latvian

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: February 24, 2014, 03:41:19 pm »
Does the game still have this retarded vassal feature when all their armies just follow yours doing nothing except attrition? EU4 before patches was so nice to play as Steppe horde. Then they cut horde's balls & invented retarded vassals :(

One of my best mp games:
(click to show/hide)
who is controling that grey (UK) faction and what country is that?
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Segd

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: February 24, 2014, 04:48:25 pm »
Was there any AI-controlled nations left?  :shock:
who is controling that grey (UK) faction and what country is that?
AI I think. Brittain was played by some unlucky guy who somehow destroyed her economics. Grey areas are the only thing that left from AI. & we still had about 100 years left :) The game ended as usual via world war:china, morocco, austria & ottomans  vs the rest. Ottoman GTXed after I divided his country by taking 1/3 of his lands. Nobody wanted to play afterwards. Although China almost raped me with their 1kk army :)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 04:54:51 pm by Segd »

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #533 on: February 24, 2014, 05:17:11 pm »
Best part of EU4 is the control over everything. Waiting for a chance of something popping is long gone. Go go republics(even if they are pretty much subpar.)

If you guys do want a fun game, something my friends and I use to spice it up after we've gotten the hang of the game is editing everyone's tech to western. This is after we can play as say... Saxony and take out Bohemia without breaking a sweat on the harder difficulties. We do have our own personal mod, so there are other changes in effect. But its an easy change that can be done on a save file I think and makes the game a lot more interesting. Western Ming in EU3 was scary as shit if we got there after they outgrew the factions. Western hordes had navies and were interesting. Inca's were scary as heck with all that gold. Same for Mutapa. India was a nightmare...

With everyone on equal grounds, no game is the same. Morocco invaded Spain and did well till France got involved. Mamlukes bordered the HRE in Italy. Golden Horde into Scandistan. (All EU3, wonder how well it goes in eu4...) So, cheers.

Offline Latvian

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: February 24, 2014, 05:30:03 pm »
how can you make everyone western?

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #535 on: February 25, 2014, 01:59:13 am »

One of my best mp games:
(click to show/hide)

Nah they fixed that. How it works now is is the supply limit is 30k and you have the box that is checked which ALLOWS your vassals to attach to you they will do so UP TO the supply limit.

Example - I have 25k troops, vassal as 5k. He attaches to me on a 30k province. I make 1k troops and combine them with my 25k stack - 5k vassal moves elsewhere since his troops no longer fit there.

Usually though I like to have my vassals just run rampant and capture/be distractions for me lol.

Offline Segd

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: February 25, 2014, 08:46:19 am »
But can I order them to randomly wonder on the enemy territory(fighting, chasing, running, besieging) like they did before patches? No matter what is my supply limit? Was really nice to see how they spread across all enemy provinces :)

If you guys do want a fun game, something my friends and I use to spice it up after we've gotten the hang of the game is editing everyone's tech to western.
Conquering Europe as bunch of redskins like Inca or Huron should be fun in MP :) I took over the world as Chimu, Huron, Kongo & my favorite Songhai with selfmade mods but only in singleplayer :(

Songhai domination:
(click to show/hide)
All western, no overextension, no wasteland(all colonizable), lucky nations with bad-ass bonuses etc.
Time limit was set to 9999, but I never had guts to play past 1700 :) At this party I was constantly(every 5 or 10 years) raped by Livonians till I quit.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 09:03:39 am by Segd »

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: February 25, 2014, 01:40:05 pm »
But can I order them to randomly wonder on the enemy territory(fighting, chasing, running, besieging) like they did before patches? No matter what is my supply limit? Was really nice to see how they spread across all enemy provinces :)

Yea vassals are still quite "good" at choosing objectives, but afaik you cant order them anything (I missed such a functionality?).

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: February 25, 2014, 01:49:06 pm »
EU3 was full of design flaws. EU4 fixes most of them and introduces new mechanics that are simply awesome.

However, some things still need fixing. For example, the cardinals "ketje spel" for lack of a good english word to describe it, is a pain in the ass.

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #539 on: February 25, 2014, 02:33:49 pm »
Automating cardinals would be nice... (Choose a cardinal, dump all pts on him constantly)

Also, holy livonian order!

To make all western techs, edit the save file. Start up a game as someone, save and quit before unpausing or doing anything. Edit the save file and you are good to go. Eu3 method, I'm sure it will work in EU4 though. Paradox save files are usually easy to edit.