Author Topic: Europa Universalis General Thread  (Read 64606 times)

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
Re: Europa Universalis General Thread
« Reply #540 on: February 25, 2014, 06:32:02 pm »
Anyone else feel the Aggresive Expansion has gotten outta control once again with this patch?

Before in Vanilla it was a little harsh but manageable, then they nerfed the fuck outta it so it NEVER happened (coalitions), but now it seems almost broken where you take 2-3 provinces and then gotta wait 40 years to the AE to wear off. It's kind of ridiculous with the current 1.5 patch.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: February 26, 2014, 03:10:41 am »
I havent played in about a month or so, but the last time i tried it the AE stuff seemed better, as not everyone in the world cared about what someone was doing around the world gobblin up some small fry.  Like really why the fuck does France care, what Serbia is doing to Croatia?????  now it only seems to affect the people directly surrounding the provinces.

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #542 on: February 26, 2014, 03:57:22 am »
I havent played in about a month or so, but the last time i tried it the AE stuff seemed better, as not everyone in the world cared about what someone was doing around the world gobblin up some small fry.  Like really why the fuck does France care, what Serbia is doing to Croatia?????  now it only seems to affect the people directly surrounding the provinces.

Yah, it's no longer like that but how it was more so towards Vanilla but in my opinion worse.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: March 31, 2014, 09:53:23 pm »
latest game, had taken me 10 tries total to achieve this.  I always set ground rules for when i play, most of which are, never change religions, dont be a big pussy and conquer opm's to stay alive, always stick around, try and have some historical relevance, i.e like playing the knights and taking Mecca.

Granada Iberian Conquest achievement attempt 
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

this was a bit older of a game,
The Knights road to Jerusalem, was my attempt at taking the Knights and crushing the Ottomans, and taking both Mecca and Judea.
(click to show/hide)

my next playthroughs will be Frisia, Wallachia, Takeda, and Hedjaz.  If there are any that someone would suggest, i will give it a go and post it.

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #544 on: March 31, 2014, 10:09:17 pm »
latest game, had taken me 10 tries total to achieve this.  I always set ground rules for when i play, most of which are, never change religions, dont be a big pussy and conquer opm's to stay alive, always stick around, try and have some historical relevance, i.e like playing the knights and taking Mecca.

Granada Iberian Conquest achievement attempt 
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

this was a bit older of a game,
The Knights road to Jerusalem, was my attempt at taking the Knights and crushing the Ottomans, and taking both Mecca and Judea.
(click to show/hide)

my next playthroughs will be Frisia, Wallachia, Takeda, and Hedjaz.  If there are any that someone would suggest, i will give it a go and post it.
you should try out MEIOU mod
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline korppis

• Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
« Reply #545 on: April 01, 2014, 09:31:30 am »
Has anyone tried & succeeded getting independent as Norway in EU IV?

I've tried like 10 times, and it just seems impossible to do alone. Even if Sweden manages to gain independence, Denmark can still wipe floor with Norway... all the generals and admirals I hire are worst kind of shit (with 1/1/1/0 type of skills), which means even 2 vs 1 I lose pretty much all battles. Not to mention that the game seems scripted to throw in negative events one after another, like you're meant to be locked at -2 stability and -10+ prestige, with half of your provinces suffering from influenza or plague. And I've lucky nations turned off btw so it shouldn't be the problem.  :(

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: April 01, 2014, 03:17:24 pm »

I've tried like 10 times, and it just seems impossible to do alone. Even if Sweden manages to gain independence, Denmark can still wipe floor with Norway... all the generals and admirals I hire are worst kind of shit (with 1/1/1/0 type of skills), which means even 2 vs 1 I lose pretty much all battles. Not to mention that the game seems scripted to throw in negative events one after another, like you're meant to be locked at -2 stability and -10+ prestige, with half of your provinces suffering from influenza or plague. And I've lucky nations turned off btw so it shouldn't be the problem.  :(

lol, i will give it a go, and then post it for you. 

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: April 01, 2014, 05:51:42 pm »

Make use of your mountainous far travel provinces and you're basically impregnable, or impossible to catch (depends if you choose to fight it or flee).

Even if both Denmark and Sweden hates you - you have no allies - your military suck, you can make your enemies pay for every step they make into your country with high defense provs + scorched earth. Just like Russia, but the difference is you have less manoeuver since your country is basically pushed against the sea.

Then, if you manage to have only Denmark or Sweden as enemy, and the other neutral/ally, and can make alliance with rivals of your nemesis, you should be good to go, even if you have bad events/stability.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: April 01, 2014, 06:18:30 pm »
Make use of your mountainous far travel provinces and you're basically impregnable, or impossible to catch (depends if you choose to fight it or flee).

Even if both Denmark and Sweden hates you - you have no allies - your military suck, you can make your enemies pay for every step they make into your country with high defense provs + scorched earth. Just like Russia, but the difference is you have less manoeuver since your country is basically pushed against the sea.

Then, if you manage to have only Denmark or Sweden as enemy, and the other neutral/ally, and can make alliance with rivals of your nemesis, you should be good to go, even if you have bad events/stability.

well talking about it, and then actually performing it are two different actions.....

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: April 01, 2014, 06:59:28 pm »
True, depending on your dice/events it could range from hard/very hard situations (even taking into accounts AI flaws).

Also I only use MEIOU & taxes or Veritas mod, for quite some time now, so my summary could be different if you play vanilla.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: April 01, 2014, 07:16:56 pm »
An attempt at the Kongo Africa conquest achievement:

(click to show/hide)

It's going quite well actually. I got the event to become Catholic early on and I just finished westernising. Only lost one war (three provinces) to a western power. Right now I'm at war with Kanem and Mali but Spain is involved in the war on my side which is actually good right now as I just finished the war with Great Britain and my army is in shambles. Otherwise I would have been able to take on both of them with my superior tech.

Offline korppis

• Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
« Reply #551 on: April 01, 2014, 07:35:29 pm »

Hmm scorched earth might help, thanks for the tip!

Not really. While I'm in personal union with Denmark, I can't form coalition or make any alliances (hardly any diplomatic options available really), and once I declare war noone wants to be the first to join in. Not even if I max out relations with their rivals. That war is gonna be really lonely.

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #552 on: April 01, 2014, 07:52:23 pm »
Hmm scorched earth might help, thanks for the tip!

Not really. While I'm in personal union with Denmark, I can't form coalition or make any alliances (hardly any diplomatic options available really), and once I declare war noone wants to be the first to join in. Not even if I max out relations with their rivals. That war is gonna be really lonely.
wait untill denmark gets raped by some other faction  and than screw them over
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Tore

• Item Manager
  • Renown: 882
  • Infamy: 329
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: April 01, 2014, 08:11:48 pm »

I'm bad at EU4 so I just waited until 1650 then Denmark lost the PU because of shitty prestige  :twisted:

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: April 01, 2014, 08:39:28 pm »
An attempt at the Kongo Africa conquest achievement:

(click to show/hide)

It's going quite well actually. I got the event to become Catholic early on and I just finished westernising. Only lost one war (three provinces) to a western power. Right now I'm at war with Kanem and Mali but Spain is involved in the war on my side which is actually good right now as I just finished the war with Great Britain and my army is in shambles. Otherwise I would have been able to take on both of them with my superior tech.

thats goin to be a tough one, unfortunately, i think a lot of achievements arent possible anymore with the newest patches that keep coming out.  Where as at one time you could attack countries like Mali, and Songhai, they might now be protectorates, which are just frustrating and annoying.

One of the ones that seem damn impossible is making Norway own every sailing equipment province,  How in the hell are you supposed to do that anymore.