Author Topic: Europa Universalis General Thread  (Read 64679 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis General Thread
« Reply #405 on: October 07, 2013, 12:43:03 pm »
+1
"Sunset Invasion - Start as the Aztecs and conquer Lisbon, Madrid, Paris, London, Amsterdam & Rome."

legit

Can I do it in another game ? :lol:

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #406 on: October 07, 2013, 10:11:07 pm »
Civ series?

I think that's as close as you can get.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 07, 2013, 10:39:39 pm »
I didn't like the idea of having a fantasy DLC mixed in with my historical stuff, so don't think I ever bought it. But just how unrealistic is it? They did away with the real country events after EU2 (except kind of brought them back in 4, but nowhere near as in depth), and couldn't the Aztecs have been visited by China or Japan and become a more technologically advanced country compared to how our history went? I'm not sure I like locking the Native Americas into a backward technology group when its only based on them being discovered so far after our own history had progressed as it did (like visiting guys that were hundreds of years in the past technologically. We change history tonnes when we play anyway

I didn't like how Sunset Invasion was presented though, the idea of invasions coming from the Americas whether you liked it or not. Kind of felt forced and it was even presented as a fantasy DLC
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Who the fuck is this guy?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul
  • Game nicks: Necrorave and or Cheesus Crust
  • IRC nick: Necrorave
« Reply #408 on: October 10, 2013, 08:45:20 pm »
Jaunpur, best cat.

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #409 on: October 10, 2013, 08:58:33 pm »
so iw as playing with vagabond herezy an bagge from time to time and suddenly we noticed something

(click to show/hide)
screenshot taken thingy is kinda blocking sight
note: we had nothing to do with that :D
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 10, 2013, 09:49:25 pm »
+1

Finally did it, though they have taken Rhodes, i will take it back, i wont falter, i will kill the Ottomans, that is my goal!

Offline Hobb

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 96
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
« Reply #411 on: October 11, 2013, 09:54:10 pm »
nice, ironman mode?

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 12, 2013, 04:22:40 am »
yes, of course! its been a long ride, ill post the final screenshot when i get done, though its approaching fast on 1821, idk if ill be able  to take on the Ottomans, they have 250k troops, and i only have 65k, nobody wants to help me fight them either since the jackass' sided with Austria and Hungary.

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #413 on: October 17, 2013, 02:54:59 pm »
+1
Okey, started an Ironman save with Byzantium.

(click to enlarge)

Ottomans have not yet attacked me (!) and I'm expanding in Italy. I'm strong enough to conquer Naples now.

My first actions:
*Convert ruler to general
*Transport 4 regs to Gulf of Venice
*Attack Urbino
*Annex Urbino
*Claims on Rome and Romagna
*Move capital to Rome

I will cry if something bad happens now :P
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 17, 2013, 07:39:52 pm »
Okey, started an Ironman save with Byzantium.

Ottomans have not yet attacked me (!) and I'm expanding in Italy. I'm strong enough to conquer Naples now.

My first actions:
*Convert ruler to general
*Transport 4 regs to Gulf of Venice
*Attack Urbino
*Annex Urbino
*Claims on Rome and Romagna
*Move capital to Rome

I will cry if something bad happens now :P

thats a unique way of doing the Byz, though i only worry what will happen when you conquer Roma, as everyone will be up in arms to force you to give it back.  You could have simply done the build40 galleys and block the port of Constantinople, that way they would have no chance of crossing over with troops and attacking you, then catch them while they are at war on the southern side and attack the northern with your troops,  Normally works quite well really.

Offline bagge

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 17, 2013, 07:42:14 pm »
thats a unique way of doing the Byz, though i only worry what will happen when you conquer Roma, as everyone will be up in arms to force you to give it back.  You could have simply done the build40 galleys and block the port of Constantinople, that way they would have no chance of crossing over with troops and attacking you, then catch them while they are at war on the southern side and attack the northern with your troops,  Normally works quite well really.

Last patch fucked that tactic completely. Ottomans will simply ask Moldavia for MA and screw you over anyway. :(
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 07:46:03 pm by bagge »
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 18, 2013, 05:13:43 am »
Last patch fucked that tactic completely. Ottomans will simply ask Moldavia for MA and screw you over anyway. :(

oh i didnt know, i havent tried playing as them again post patch, the patch i think fixed some things and broke more.

i wish they would fix the damn holy crusade stuff, and the excommunication, doesnt work at all.  And whats the point in making someone break an alliance if they can just re-enter the alliance just before you can attack them again.  I keep attaking the Ottomans allies and breaking them, but by the time i can attack again, they are allied again.  And i dont mind them being lucky, but like holy hell, they have so many troops, and it takes 2 times the amount of troops to fight one of their 40 man regiments.  I just dont have that kind of ability, wish i didnt have to play with Lucky nations in Ironman.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 05:18:12 am by AntiBlitz »

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #417 on: October 18, 2013, 05:13:37 pm »
wish i didnt have to play with Lucky nations in Ironman.

Can't turn it off in ironman mode?

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 18, 2013, 05:39:30 pm »
nope, the game devs said it makes it more challenging that way.  The creators of command and conquer did that with their hardest AI difficulty, they doubled its income and production values essentially making it just cheat, not outplay you.  I could just play with it off, but its just not the same for me, and i want the achievements too.

Offline bagge

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 18, 2013, 05:52:54 pm »
i wish they would fix the damn holy crusade stuff, and the excommunication, doesnt work at all.  And whats the point in making someone break an alliance if they can just re-enter the alliance just before you can attack them again.  I keep attaking the Ottomans allies and breaking them, but by the time i can attack again, they are allied again.  And i dont mind them being lucky, but like holy hell, they have so many troops, and it takes 2 times the amount of troops to fight one of their 40 man regiments.  I just dont have that kind of ability, wish i didnt have to play with Lucky nations in Ironman.

Yeah I agree!

Excommunication only works if a human player does it. HEREZY did it during our MP game and I nearly lost the imperial throne cause of that 8-)

I really miss the crusader wars. Those were great and it would probably help vs the super strong Ottomans. They constantly get 6-6-6 rulers and always have the most ideas and still keep up in technology. Their quantity idea group is also a bitch since it allow them high manpower and a high forcelimit, while their traditions and ideas are ridicilously good for combat.

I really don't have a lot of love for Ottomans. I have never played them and never will. They are my life-sword enemies :P

Alliance stuff is kinda funny. I've been at war with countless other HRE-factions and after the war they want an alliance with me.

And breaking alliances and stuff is bullshit yeah. If you do break an alliance, they should get some kind of cooldown before they can ally again, maybe 20 years or so.