Author Topic: Europa Universalis General Thread  (Read 64670 times)

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
Re: Europa Universalis General Thread
« Reply #390 on: September 08, 2013, 03:14:10 pm »
Hmm I played a Japan game and never had more than 40 regiments of catholics rebel in any one single province, at the time (~1650 I think) catholicism started to appear my army limit was at around 50 regiments or so. If you deal with each rebellion fast before it can capture provinces and spread, merging with other rebel groups it's rather easy to deal with. A good idea would be to keep your "missions" options clear, as soon as a rebellion appears you can stack +2 stability over and over by choosing the "eliminate rebels" mission. This will easily get you to +3 stability and enable you to choose the decision to close western trade, after that catholicism will stop spreading and you can convert catholic provinces. By the time I enforced that law I only had 3 or 4 provinces that were catholic, and this is while having colonized the philippines, most of the "russian" pacific coast and the entire western coast of north america (excluding aztec territory).

PS: Japon is closer to Nipon (Nihon) than Japan is, so it's actually less retarded. GG english.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Abay

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Steam: badbreaking
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kapikulu
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_Abay
« Reply #391 on: September 08, 2013, 05:40:02 pm »
I just bought EUIV and now feel very excited about it   :D
What I wonder is that if it is possible to learn new thigs in the game in a short time after EUIII
[17:48] <Vovka> thx chadz

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #392 on: September 08, 2013, 08:52:10 pm »
Hmm I played a Japan game and never had more than 40 regiments of catholics rebel in any one single province, at the time (~1650 I think) catholicism started to appear my army limit was at around 50 regiments or so. If you deal with each rebellion fast before it can capture provinces and spread, merging with other rebel groups it's rather easy to deal with. A good idea would be to keep your "missions" options clear, as soon as a rebellion appears you can stack +2 stability over and over by choosing the "eliminate rebels" mission. This will easily get you to +3 stability and enable you to choose the decision to close western trade, after that catholicism will stop spreading and you can convert catholic provinces. By the time I enforced that law I only had 3 or 4 provinces that were catholic, and this is while having colonized the philippines, most of the "russian" pacific coast and the entire western coast of north america (excluding aztec territory).

PS: Japon is closer to Nipon (Nihon) than Japan is, so it's actually less retarded. GG english.

Oh? Only 4 provinces, that's quite lucky. I had 10+ provinces (I too colonized the philippines and the russian pacific coast) by that time and after I closed the western trades the events were spamming every month and I had no chance converting anything since the Catholic Zealots went berserk.
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Berserkadin

• Duke
  • Renown: 592
  • Infamy: 145
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
  • Game nicks: Krewl_The_Urist_Fox
« Reply #393 on: September 11, 2013, 07:02:16 pm »
So, I've just encountered a strange bug in my Prussia game, Cologne is my vassal (who doesnt like me at all), and it says that I'm at war with them, but in the diplomacy interface I can just declare war on them. Also, Frieslandish troops are attacking my land, but I can't sue for peace with them, and looking at their diplomacy window, it says that their at war with Cologne*. Kinda annoying since I was just going to form Germany, but need to be at peace.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #394 on: September 11, 2013, 08:36:31 pm »
My singleplayer game in 1639:

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Idzo

• Earl
  • Renown: 494
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Deserter_IdZo
  • IRC nick: IdZo Steam Nick: Deja3n9
« Reply #395 on: September 11, 2013, 09:44:29 pm »
My singleplayer game in 1639:

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

YOU GO MY NIGGA! UR THE BESTEST! STRONKEST!! NO ONE MESS WITH CROATIA!
Urist: Being crpg mod makes you go insane at some point. look at meow, he thinks he's a fcking cat

Offline Berserkadin

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 12, 2013, 03:12:21 am »
My Brandenburg/Prussian/Germany game, just formed Germany, so got tons of claims, and 1821 isn't far away. Time for some total war, might even escalate into a world wide war. Great Britain never formed due to Sweden getting some provinces on british soil  :lol:

Le Claims

(click to show/hide)

The world
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Idzo

• Earl
  • Renown: 494
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Deserter_IdZo
  • IRC nick: IdZo Steam Nick: Deja3n9
« Reply #397 on: September 12, 2013, 11:50:30 am »
My Brandenburg/Prussian/Germany game, just formed Germany, so got tons of claims, and 1821 isn't far away. Time for some total war, might even escalate into a world wide war. Great Britain never formed due to Sweden getting some provinces on british soil  :lol:

Le Claims

(click to show/hide)

The world
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Me and Latvian started with Hansa and Saxony.
Latvian with Hansa expanded to Holland till border with France. and other side till Sweden and partly on sweden land.

I Started with Saxony,  conquring few smaller Hre countrys. Later on created Germany. Leaded personal with Poland and intergrated them later on.
Last stae i got parts of austria, switzerland. i alose have few vassals how are keeping me HRE emparor.
After France, 2nd stronkest in worldz.

No screens cuz i'm CBA. Lat will do that. i know it.
Urist: Being crpg mod makes you go insane at some point. look at meow, he thinks he's a fcking cat

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #398 on: September 12, 2013, 04:21:50 pm »

Me and Latvian started with Hansa and Saxony.
Latvian with Hansa expanded to Holland till border with France. and other side till Sweden and partly on sweden land.

I Started with Saxony,  conquring few smaller Hre countrys. Later on created Germany. Leaded personal with Poland and intergrated them later on.
Last stae i got parts of austria, switzerland. i alose have few vassals how are keeping me HRE emparor.
After France, 2nd stronkest in worldz.

No screens cuz i'm CBA. Lat will do that. i know it.
no he wont
P.S.maybe later
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 04:29:46 pm by Latvian »
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 71
  • Who the fuck is this guy?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul
  • Game nicks: Necrorave and or Cheesus Crust
  • IRC nick: Necrorave
« Reply #399 on: September 12, 2013, 04:30:43 pm »
Alright, seriously guys.  Fuck France.

They do nothing but get in my way of forming Italy.  I just need Lombardia and they won't give it up.  I declared war with the coalition to get just that one province and they let Spain take most of their southern/Western provinces while England wrecked their northern ones but they would not give up Lombardia.

I will post a picture later...

Offline Berserkadin

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 12, 2013, 04:43:38 pm »
Yeah fuck France, but I fucked France on my campaign, waged war, spanked their ass, got 2 provinces of them, and then forced them to release Burgundy and some 2-3 province countries.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 13, 2013, 05:32:04 pm »
Didn't get this yet because it seemed overpriced in Steam store, plus if they put DLC in like CK2 it didn't seem worth getting straight away

Its £15.37 here http://www.gameholds.com/europa-universalis-iv-pc-game.html (saw it on google shopping), plus you can put in "gocdkeys" in coupon area for 5% discount on that. I got it and Steam accepted my code in UK. Might just be a European version (has 4 languages) and Steam can be iffy with cdkeys sometimes but it worked here. Its just a basic version, doesn't come with any dlc
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 05:36:52 pm by Grumbs »
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 26, 2013, 01:53:25 pm »
+2
Big update was released a couple days ago

(click to show/hide)

Really enjoying this game atm, more than EU3
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #403 on: September 26, 2013, 02:58:39 pm »
+1
"Sunset Invasion - Start as the Aztecs and conquer Lisbon, Madrid, Paris, London, Amsterdam & Rome."

legit

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Tore

• Item Manager
  • Renown: 882
  • Infamy: 329
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile