Author Topic: Europa Universalis General Thread  (Read 64712 times)

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
Re: Europa Universalis General Thread
« Reply #330 on: August 21, 2013, 10:11:07 am »
Downloaded this game, loaded it up. then instantly uninstalled it.

I was hoping it would be different to CK2. I envy you people who have the attention span for these games.
why dat man still not banned  :!:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #331 on: August 21, 2013, 12:36:30 pm »
Downloaded this game, loaded it up. then instantly uninstalled it.

I was hoping it would be different to CK2. I envy you people who have the attention span for these games.

Weed man. It's weeeee-eeed! Smoke a joint, save one for later, prepare few bottles of choco milk, fix a couple of sandwiches, makes sure to turn off your phone and disconnect from MSN/Facebook/etc. Needless to say it should be on your day off. I don't play slow strategy games during a usual working day, as it takes time to pick up where you left, and there is just too little time for that :) Might be one of the reasons i played close to 300 hours of CK2, and never finished a single game, even though it was going smooth. Usually, i start a new game on a friday evening, and drop it by the end of the weekend...
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 05:07:53 pm by Armpit_Sweat »
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #332 on: August 21, 2013, 07:48:10 pm »
i see he formed holland, and that means France and burgundy both exists!!  kill this abomination!

Burgundy no longer exists. All territories that were true Burgundian, got transferred to me when he created Holland.

We were allied, until I crashed and the AI took over for like 1 day. Insta cancel alliance and now, we aren't freinds. Though we target each others enemies, I primarily attack austria same time he does. But that's it. Spain and the other territories are done without his help. I can basically man handle anyone. 180K man power and I gain 1,000+ per month.

Actually, Granada exists, and is Catholic, now. My only ally on the Iberian Peninsula. Shoulda seen spain bout 40 years ago. Completly owned ALL of algiers(by siege controlling them), and then I went to war. They had 40k troops, stuck in africa while nothing was on the peninsula. So their war exhaustion was like at 20 when I slaughtered them. Paid rebels to retake all those provinces that spain no longer has. Portugual had 1 province and aragaon and granada didn't exist. Been fun reaming Spain and Austria Constantly.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 22, 2013, 02:10:31 am »
Heh, just me and lorden playing a game. He started as burgunday and I as France.
(click to show/hide)

What is this gigantic USSR-looking thing ?

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #334 on: August 22, 2013, 02:45:42 am »
What is this gigantic USSR-looking thing ?

I want to say that it's Muscovy, but I could be wrong.  Would be much more amazing if Manchu conquered its way to Europe though.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #335 on: August 22, 2013, 04:39:03 am »
I want to say that it's Muscovy, but I could be wrong.  Would be much more amazing if Manchu conquered its way to Europe though.

Muscovy.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 04:43:20 am by Lt_Anders »

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #336 on: August 22, 2013, 04:40:17 am »
Genghis khan reborn ofc
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 10:08:46 am by Havoco »
Pock gobblers

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Who the fuck is this guy?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul
  • Game nicks: Necrorave and or Cheesus Crust
  • IRC nick: Necrorave
« Reply #337 on: August 22, 2013, 11:37:17 pm »
+2
Am I the only one who enjoys playing Under-Dog countries and getting rolled over and over waiting for that "One time" you finally become a powerful force?

I find it exciting.  I love being scared of another force rather than thinking "I can take them".  It leaves me with a better feeling and sense of accomplishment.  I also hate micromanaging a large amount of things at the same time, so I start small and spread out rather then scattered.

Keeping things centralized and close is how I roll.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #338 on: August 22, 2013, 11:52:44 pm »
+2
Its really the only way to pkay. Unkess you raise yourself up from nothing the achievement is not your own.
Turtles

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
« Reply #339 on: August 23, 2013, 12:07:20 am »
(click to show/hide)

Playing as Yemen. Went extremly well focusing colonization and then conquering the Sub-Saharan countries. Just needed around 6-9k men to take out Swahili alone.

Then with all the Swahilian Gold I had was enough to Rape the Mamlukes in 2-4 wars gaining me egypt.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #340 on: August 24, 2013, 11:40:37 am »
Clan mate (Hanson) and I started up a new game a couple nights ago, he was Vijiyanagar and I was Brunei.  He formed Hindustan by like 1470 and I formed Malaya by 1493.  I think he decided he wanted to go and colonize Africa while trying to burn a path into Europe so he could westernize while I wanted to colonize a path to the New World via the Pacific.  I kinda got side tracked by Australia though, which has so far proved worthy of my colonists.

I gotta say, this save is one of the best I've played in a long time; something about it just makes it much more appealing.

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #341 on: August 24, 2013, 12:01:48 pm »
Is it possible to colonize the grey areas?..
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #342 on: August 24, 2013, 12:17:07 pm »
Clan mate (Hanson) and I started up a new game a couple nights ago, he was Vijiyanagar and I was Brunei.  He formed Hindustan by like 1470 and I formed Malaya by 1493.  I think he decided he wanted to go and colonize Africa while trying to burn a path into Europe so he could westernize while I wanted to colonize a path to the New World via the Pacific.  I kinda got side tracked by Australia though, which has so far proved worthy of my colonists.

I gotta say, this save is one of the best I've played in a long time; something about it just makes it much more appealing.

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
if nobody is playing in europe it turns out quiet interesting.
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
« Reply #343 on: August 24, 2013, 04:17:26 pm »
+1
Is it possible to colonize the grey areas?..

You can colonize grey areas yes. But not all. Places like North Canada, Sahara etc cannot be colonized or travelled through. They usually tell you when you hover your mouse over the provinces.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 27, 2013, 06:37:51 pm »
so just played the demo to see if i would have like it, put in about 4hrs of work on Austria.  I had absolutely no idea what i was doing, kept pushing wasd keys to move and was switching the map a whole assortment of colors. I first started with the whole northern border of Austria  in a Finnish revolt where they had like 60 troops which i eventually overcame.  I took over Antwerpen and the surrounding area after the revolt but couldnt figure out how to annex all of the territories they had taken, eventually they got to keep one territory which i broke an alliance with to go to war to take it as well.  Venice kept claiming my land every like 2 months or so,  I couldnt figure out how to research anything, it kept telling me to colonize Africa and i had no idea how to do it.   I had a stability of -4 for most of the game, Played for like an hour with 1 advisor because i wasnt sure what to do, and kept having people leave the Holy Roman Empire.  Also didnt realize i was the king of the Holy Roman Empire until near the end of my playthrough lol.  Still dont understand the point in getting access with other peoples ports because it didnt seem to extend the range of my vessels at all.  Never once saw a pirate btw, do they exist, because all i kept seeing was Venice, Spain, and Frisia sailing all over the goddamn place.  Also, the trade system totally lost me, do i have to send/build a boat? or do we autotrade once we pick a place to trade with?  Also what made other places better to trade with than another, since half the places i saw just had 0's for everything? did i not discover those? it said i had already did.

Well in the end, playing the demo sparked my interest to wanna play more, but im still not sure what to do, or if it will have replay value enough to wanna keep playing.  I bought civilization 5 and played through it on the gigantic world one time and then never really played it again.