Author Topic: Yo Hospitallers!  (Read 20587 times)

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
Re: Yo Hospitallers!
« Reply #165 on: August 14, 2012, 12:26:38 am »
fcc sent waves are armies at it before RQing crpg for star wars

God dammit.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #166 on: August 14, 2012, 02:45:58 am »
+1
http://forum.meleegaming.com/diplomacy/important-diplomacy-forum-rules/

Stick to those and stop the rulebreaking talk, I'll start cleaning up the thread now. (Actually tomorrow, too tired.)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 03:20:00 am by Meow »

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #167 on: August 14, 2012, 03:09:55 am »
This thread was so awesome then some EU come in here and talk shit about strat which bring up the rest of NA drama. I dont even understand why the EU care to post in our threads when they seem to have such snobby attitude towards the way we play strat. In all honesty I think the drama makes strat more fun till it gets way to serous :/

Wrong, that's when it's most fun.

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 14, 2012, 03:20:22 am »
internet LANDS  :evil:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Syls

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 15
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kingdom of Veluca
  • Game nicks: Syls
« Reply #169 on: August 14, 2012, 03:33:53 am »
http://forum.meleegaming.com/diplomacy/important-diplomacy-forum-rules/

Stick to those and stop the rulebreaking talk, I'll start cleaning up the thread now. (Actually tomorrow, too tired.)

Therefore, we will announce some rules that you should read closely before posting:
- no one liners - if you have something to say, put some effort in it.
- complete sentences, proper grammar - as above, put some effort in it.
- stay on topic
- no links to outside pictures, unless they really fit (ok: strategus map screenshot, not ok: link to 4chan images)
- same for youtube videos - unless you've done one yourself, it's most likely inappropiate.
- refrain from using "modern talk" - comparing a battle with the invasion of the iraq doesn't really help setting the mood
- think of it as people with messages that are getting sent to all of the lords.
- keep it in the timespan - so no talk about last strategus rounds, if possible

Look like our king broked most of those rules just by starting this thread :mrgreen: I guess you'll have to delete it :oops:

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #170 on: August 14, 2012, 03:51:29 am »
Look like our king broked most of those rules just by starting this thread :mrgreen: I guess you'll have to delete it :oops:

noooooooooooooooooo
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline Farrix

• Baron
  • Renown: 122
  • Infamy: 77
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 14, 2012, 04:15:20 am »
Most of you are complaining because we're been more successful at this game than you. Its called "strategus." Perhaps you should consider rethinking your strategies and maybe you'll do as well as we do at it. At least smooth had the gall to accuse us of cheating rather than being like the majority of you and saying "Hospitallers are OP, we better nerf them." I mean seriously people, this is basic stuff. You've got no real reason to bitch about us. I suppose though that everyone does need a punching bag. I just really hope that the majority of you are wise enough to recognize that instead of creating all these conspiracy theories to justify your own losses. We've done better than you at the game. As soon as you accept that flaw, the sooner you'll have a chance of fixing it.

Disclaimer: I'm not trying to be a dick or talk down to anyone here. I'm just trying to share my observations. Aristotle once said, "The mark of intellect is being able to entertain a thought without necessarily accepting it" or something like that.

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #172 on: August 14, 2012, 04:58:49 am »
Recruiting every newbie who carries 2 shields to fuel your strategus war-machine is a strategy? Who would've thought.

Offline HardRice

• Marshall
  • Renown: 740
  • Infamy: 161
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 187/Alligator
« Reply #173 on: August 14, 2012, 05:11:10 am »
Most of you are complaining because we're been more successful at this game than you. Its called "strategus." Perhaps you should consider rethinking your strategies and maybe you'll do as well as we do at it. At least smooth had the gall to accuse us of cheating rather than being like the majority of you and saying "Hospitallers are OP, we better nerf them." I mean seriously people, this is basic stuff. You've got no real reason to bitch about us. I suppose though that everyone does need a punching bag. I just really hope that the majority of you are wise enough to recognize that instead of creating all these conspiracy theories to justify your own losses. We've done better than you at the game. As soon as you accept that flaw, the sooner you'll have a chance of fixing it.

Disclaimer: I'm not trying to be a dick or talk down to anyone here. I'm just trying to share my observations. Aristotle once said, "The mark of intellect is being able to entertain a thought without necessarily accepting it" or something like that.

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #174 on: August 14, 2012, 05:15:51 am »
+4
Most of you are complaining because we're been more successful at this game than you. Its called "strategus." Perhaps you should consider rethinking your strategies and maybe you'll do as well as we do at it.

No. Most people are complaining about your conceit in that supposed success; about how anytime one of your flaws gets pointed out you're quick to back it up with rhetoric based on your large membership and how you own more territory because of it. Well, duh.

At least smooth had the gall to accuse us of cheating rather than being like the majority of you and saying "Hospitallers are OP, we better nerf them."

Not sure anybody's actually calling for nerfs. People just get upset when the goal of certain clans is not to have a fun time playing the game, and in the process ruin it for the rest of us.

So Chaos lost all its territory because we didn't want to kowtow to the "carebear alliance"(ironically a term you used against us when we had the Green Machine going) that entailed 100% of the NA territories never fighting each other ever again. I'm not sorry that we prefer fighting on NA ping to being allied with everyone here. I'm not sorry that we lost our fiefs, because we actually got the opportunity to fight in the process, which was worth more than any losses it resulted in.

edit: Forgot to mention, I'm also extremely not sorry that we signed 10 players up to defend a neutral fief which was enough to get you to start a war that has, so far, lost you more resources than the entire defense of said fief had done.

I mean seriously people, this is basic stuff. You've got no real reason to bitch about us.

Yes, we do. Your membership has been nothing but wretched and angry about having any opposition to whatever cause you try to force onto people. You've been vitriolic and mean-spirited to the point where you've dismissed or misunderstood everything we've said or done.

I suppose though that everyone does need a punching bag. I just really hope that the majority of you are wise enough to recognize that instead of creating all these conspiracy theories to justify your own losses. We've done better than you at the game. As soon as you accept that flaw, the sooner you'll have a chance of fixing it.

You've recruited more people than we have and made more allies. If you want me to agree that having the majority of players allied against a minority that's already been set back by various circumstances is the definition of success, well, okay, you won. Don't act like you earned it on equal terms, though. Throughout all the wars we've fought, you really did not outplay us.

Aristotle also said "Dignity does not consist in possessing honors, but in deserving them."

So get off your high horse.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 05:42:16 am by Canary »

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #175 on: August 14, 2012, 05:16:25 am »
How many points in powerdraw do i need to use my xbow?

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm going to need you playing at 6AM on Saturday..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: POSTMASTER_PHANTOM0_OF_BIRD
  • IRC nick: PhantomZero
« Reply #176 on: August 14, 2012, 05:22:45 am »
+7
Looks like LLJK wins another round of Strategus!

"The only winning move... is not to play."
-Deep Blue

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #177 on: August 14, 2012, 05:23:23 am »
+1
How many points in powerdraw do i need to use my xbow?

Offline HardRice

• Marshall
  • Renown: 740
  • Infamy: 161
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 187/Alligator
« Reply #178 on: August 14, 2012, 05:23:40 am »
Looks like LLJK wins another round of Strategus!

"The only winning move... is not to play."
-Deep Blue

Soo FCC shares the throne?

Best fwiends!

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
« Reply #179 on: August 14, 2012, 05:25:39 am »
+1
Canary you should tone down the amount of words you are posting, I dont think Devestater or Farrix can handle that much reading.  :twisted: