Author Topic: Request Unban  (Read 1573 times)

Offline failtolawl

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Request Unban
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2012, 10:58:50 am »
No, it needs to be switched to a kick. BECAUSE THAT IS THE RULES.

_1st offense: Player told to change name and immediately kicked.
never happened
_2nd offense: If any other racist situation occurs with player, Immediate ban without warning. No time-frame for unban given.
No other racist situation occured, banned.

Offline OssumPawesome

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2012, 10:59:57 am »
and then two guys who said the n word were banned for an arbitrary unspecified length of time.  thanks for all your hard work Auphilia - saving the world one day at a time.

Offline Hippy

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fiber One
  • Game nicks: Oats
  • IRC nick: Oats
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2012, 11:24:29 am »
That's a bit ridiculous your logic Aupi, no disrespect since I'm assuming you got admin because you earned it, but the rules do state a kick on first terms, and the screeny you have doesn't show that Possum's use of the "N" word was out of context since he was stating it as a social problem we allow these words to be offensive, and not being racist in anyway.
Ban all Reddit

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2012, 11:44:40 am »
I warned everyone not to be racist or even remotely racist twice. They continued to do so despite this.

More on Racism, copied from the NA_Community server rules:
(click to show/hide)

If they want to use offensive words and discuss controversial material, they should do so outside of a community that has rules against such behavior. After being warned twice, neither of them have excuses. We do not tolerate any forms of racism, whether it be direct or indirect.

Also keep in mind, that the rules state a recommended action, not an indefinite action in all situations pertaining to said rules. My actions were two warnings stating that racism will not be tolerated in any form and that those who continue will be banned, followed by the bans. They refused to follow the rules, they refused to heed the warnings, and as consequence they are both banned.

Offline Emotion

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 145
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • pls
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Friends with Benefits
  • Game nicks: Noodles
  • IRC nick: Noodles
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2012, 04:33:01 pm »
I'll talk with Auphillia and get this straightened out. Now, I'm not saying that you will instantly be unbanned, but i'll check the logs and see what is needed. I will post here later today or tomorrow with an answer.
Quote from: Testicleez
Noodles (Nibbles): One of my top dawgs. A godly c-rpg player and a chill ass muhfucka'. He's supposed to be adopting me once he gets married. One day I'll get him to order me a pizza… One day.

Offline Emotion

• Earl
  • pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2012, 04:44:47 pm »
I cannot unban while at work. Although Auphillia was a little harsh, she did not break the rules. You will be unbanned today when I get a hold of the server owner.
Noodles (Nibbles): One of my top dawgs. A godly c-rpg player and a chill ass muhfucka'. He's supposed to be adopting me once he gets married. One day I'll get him to order me a pizza… One day.

Offline failtolawl

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2012, 09:44:56 pm »
I thank you very much for your insight on this.

Offline Seren

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Astrid Frydasdottir, Hikari
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2012, 10:15:16 pm »
I was on the server when it happened. Auphilia's actions weren't harsh at all, she warned at multiples occasion in the admin chat about racism comments, and stuff, and all they were doing is trolling him with other racism context.  Anyways, why would you discuss something as big as the 'n' word on a game? xD 

The rules are plain and simple, but now they don't matter anymore, I guess, if Noodles is unbanning them calling Auphilia's actions harsh, I guess I'll go all crazy with the 'n' word and expect no consequences.

Cunt got banned!?  :oops: But I love him!

That's a bit ridiculous your logic Aupi, no disrespect since I'm assuming you got admin because you earned it, but the rules do state a kick on first terms, and the screeny you have doesn't show that Possum's use of the "N" word was out of context since he was stating it as a social problem we allow these words to be offensive, and not being racist in anyway.

Very biased, IMO.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 10:18:38 pm by Forcefaith »
I have no principles; I make adaptability to all circumstances my principle

Offline failtolawl

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2012, 10:30:11 pm »
The rules are plain and simple, but now they don't matter anymore, I guess, if Noodles is unbanning them calling Auphilia's actions harsh, I guess I'll go all crazy with the 'n' word and expect no consequences.

No, you would and should expect to be punished in proper steps according the the rules.
Warning.
Kick.

do it again?
Ban.

We were not kicked, it has already been settled, not entirely sure why this pertains to you.

Offline Emotion

• Earl
  • pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2012, 01:57:06 pm »
I could not get a hold of the owner last night. I should be able to get you unbanned tonight.