Author Topic: Request Unban  (Read 1572 times)

Offline failtolawl

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Request Unban
« on: August 06, 2012, 10:07:43 am »
I was recently banned from community for jokingly saying "friend" to a person writing a paragraph creating a flame war defending the word. It appears maybe it was not a very good time to say it, but I do apologize as community is my favorite crpg server.

And as looking at the rules for the server, it was my first offense of alleged racism, and I should not have been permabanned, and looking at OssumPawesome_Astralis's story, neither should have he.

name banned was "DZ29_Cunt"

« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 10:32:05 am by failtolawl »

Offline Hippy

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fiber One
  • Game nicks: Oats
  • IRC nick: Oats
Re: Request Unban
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 10:09:03 am »
Cunt got banned!?  :oops: But I love him!
Ban all Reddit

Offline OssumPawesome

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 10:15:50 am »
also see http://forum.meleegaming.com/na-%28community%29/unban-request-ossumpawesome_astralis-and-dbz_cunt/

I'd hardly constitute what I said as a "flame war," but I support this unban request.  Mistress_Aupilia was way out of line this time.

Offline failtolawl

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 10:21:44 am »
To be honest it did sound like you were trying to start one, but it is a bit ridiculous how quick somebody is to think "oh my god, he said that word, must be racist!" When in actuality, I don't give a shit what color skin you are, it's a word, completely out of context, and if you are too concerned with getting your weekly ban quota, then you are completely wrong.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 10:30:47 am by failtolawl »

Offline OssumPawesome

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 10:32:19 am »
I like how i support your unban request and in return you try to make me appear the source of the issue.  I was engaging a mod about a rule I think is silly stemming from a politically incorrect concept which I think is silly.  You, on the other hand, said "shut up, friend."  Thank you for your contribution to the discussion, bud. 

Offline failtolawl

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 10:34:36 am »
does it really matter? she was wrong.

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 10:36:08 am »
They were both warned twice not to be racist after I received a complaint.

The only thing I did wrong was not banning/kicking them immediately on the first offense. I tried to be nice so we could all just play and have fun in a respectable manner, but apparently that was not enough for these two.

Rules regarding racism:

-Racism-
We have a zero tolerance Racism policy, this includes comments, names, allegories, anything that is racist in any way!

-Recommended Action-
1st offense: Player told to change name and immediately kicked.
2nd offense: If any other racist situation occurs with player, Immediate ban without warning. No time-frame for unban given.

Offline failtolawl

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 10:38:00 am »
I was never warned, I am not entirely sure about OssumPawesome_Astralis, but I was not, this was the first time I have ever said the word, if you want to look at the logs, be my guest, but you seem to be mistaken.

Offline OssumPawesome

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2012, 10:40:05 am »
who did you receive a complaint from?  The only one I saw upset in the chat was you, Auphilia.  You know this ban is too severe, undeserved, and not called for by anyone except yourself. 

Offline failtolawl

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2012, 10:41:56 am »
to add on to what he said, ignoring the problem seriously cannot replace the auto kick, his ban should be revoked as well for that cause.

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2012, 10:44:40 am »
No one complained but me?

Here is a nice screen shot of both of you being racist, and someone poll kicking and another person asking you two to stop again. This was after I warned everyone not to be racist twice.
(click to show/hide)

Offline failtolawl

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2012, 10:47:29 am »
and do you have the screenshot of me saying anything beforehand? oh that's right because I never did. you were wrong on two levels. first. no warning. second, no autokick. you just permabanned. That is completely against the rules and I request you revoke it immediately.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 10:55:12 am by failtolawl »

Offline OssumPawesome

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2012, 10:48:28 am »
I think given what agrozuto said in chat (I dare not repeat it) I think its fair to say that it was a joke poll.  Is the complaint you're claiming happened here "seriously guys stop"? I assumed that was in reference to the kick.  I don't see anyone upset by what either of us said.  Besides auphilia, of course.

What I do see is at the very bottom is someone already beginning to question this permaban.  Thank you for that screenshot, Auphilia.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 10:54:11 am by OssumPawesome »

Offline OssumPawesome

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2012, 10:50:02 am »
also I'd like to mention no ban length specified does not equate to immediate permanent ban.  I feel it would be foolish to assume anyone should be permabanned for any action that involves merely typing in chat.

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2012, 10:56:07 am »
Community admins can only ban for 1 hour, or permanently.

You will both be unbanned at a later date. However, it will definitely be longer than an hour.