Author Topic: Adjust the new scoresystem slightly - Feedback  (Read 12987 times)

Offline Pandemona

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 321
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • We are all of us what we do
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Pandemona
  • IRC nick: Pandemona
Re: Adjust the new scoresystem slightly - Feedback
« Reply #165 on: August 07, 2012, 10:36:49 pm »
(click to show/hide)

So 4 points per kill ?

Last night i got 30 points in 1 round (EU1) just by wounding people and horses. Can we get better point when we wound someone before we kill ?

I need to say this, a new score system like this is good, but i don't think 15 kills deserve just 60 points ( most of them was headshot if i remember right, so damage i did was probably good)
Remember remember the fifth of November. The gunpowder, treason and plot. I know of no reason, why the gunpowder treason, should ever be forgot.

Offline Mosquito

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 07, 2012, 10:44:20 pm »
+1
i didn't like the really heavy proximity weighted bonus, it was too much. Now its gone and immediately people have spread out more. It seems that it is extremely possible to influence playstyle with smallish tweaks even to something that is only an illustration and doesn't actually decide whether you are more less likely to win or lose.

Would it be possible for a bastardised proximity bonus? something that adds a small percentage to the existing damage points if they are scored within 4m proximity of a certain amount of your teammates? This would only be to the ppl that actually score the damage though, no 'splash area points'? I think taking the problem in reverse will still make 'battelines be formed' and indeed it should and i would intend that it does still reward skilled players that are the ones actually doing the damage/killing the enemy as this is indeed the point of the game. For example Chase is in the middle of a shieldwall vs sheildwall encounter surrounded by at least 33% of his teams remaining players and he hits Nuuk on the other team in the face. I would like to see him get his damage points as they are already allocated plus a small amount (maybe just an arbitary +1point if it would be simpler) because he is in the middle of the action helping his team. Next time Nuuk sneaks around his enemy and slays several of their isolated archers easily on his own, while Nuuk should be rewarded for the damage as now if he isn't within the 4m proximity of a certain % of HIS team his kills gains no additional team bonus.

Maybe it wouldn't be possible? but i think it would still encourage good players to work in their team but wouldn't also encourage proximity leaching? What do you guys think?
*the ppl and places represented in this story are entirely fictional and used for illustrative purposes only**sorry Chase and Nuuk*

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #167 on: August 07, 2012, 10:54:44 pm »
+1
I think 10% is enough.

+1, else you are punished for going alone - vs cav for example or archers
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 10:57:49 pm by dodnet »
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #168 on: August 10, 2012, 08:58:33 am »
(click to show/hide)

I dont know what those people with 2 Kills have done exactly for the team and granted, some of my kills were onehits on people who arrive at flag with low hp but it seems kinda off.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 10, 2012, 09:13:31 am »
+2
Yeah, the scoreboard is basically painful to look at now, haphazard and random, nothing to do with who is playing well just who is hanging it out in blobs the most.

Don't really care either way about points, but I think it should still be sorted by kills until the point system is balanced more. 

Going 23-3 is supposed to make you top dog on the charts in most siege matches, now as you can see despite strong playing you get sandwiched in between random dudes who can afk with a shield up next to strength builds and get triple your points.  The art of scoreboard.jpegs has been ruined and points are an arbitrary mishmash of damage and AoE passive assist that has no indication of performance or skill.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 09:17:07 am by Smoothrich »
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #170 on: August 10, 2012, 09:16:46 am »
(click to show/hide)

I dont know what those people with 2 Kills have done exactly for the team and granted, some of my kills were onehits on people who arrive at flag with low hp but it seems kinda off.

As ranged, or someone with low PS, it is pretty easy to get those scores. Example:
(click to show/hide)
I am atm a 15/18 Shielder/Hybrid, and during that round in particular I tried to shoot either into melee to stun and give an ally a free hit, or through the gates, with the bad luck that I managed to only kill 2 people in all of the round and a half. It can be seen however, that I hit many other people and did quite a lot of damage, and thats what I was missing on the kill system.

Also, I was not in the big blob, but on the roof on the left from defenders view.

Offline Belatu

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 111
  • what
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Belatucadros
« Reply #171 on: August 11, 2012, 02:22:32 am »
Make the ranged amno inserted in an enemy as it were the one who throwed it at the thing of getting points less some % for the lamerism

(sorry my englush  i am a bit drunk(

My fridge is my shield

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 810
  • Infamy: 2970
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 11, 2012, 02:39:17 am »
+1
Scoreboard is fine. Chase is first most of the time, Royanss as well. Muffin was first today for one map. I'm usually in top 5 (which is good for a kill stealer), sometimes off the charts. Cav are usually first, but it was like that before.

Only difference is that some cav with 30-3 can have only 150 points while I with 15-5 can have just 10 points less. System works very well.

And dealing with horses gives ton of points, dehorse one or two riders and you won't have to kill anyone to get 30 points per round which is very good.

Offline SoA_Sir_ODHarry

• Baron
  • Renown: 134
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ODharry
« Reply #173 on: August 11, 2012, 04:19:49 am »
beeing first with 0 kills just feels awesome

disappering from scoreboard suckz :(
Crob: i'm in duel tryin to not be shit
Crob: now i'm running round eu2 with a dagger

JOIN The Horde NAO
       http://steamcommunity.com/groups/F-POC

Offline Horst_Kurmoottaja

• Count
  • Renown: 163
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Ei urhot kaukaisen Pohjolan uhan eessä taipuneet!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deserter_Horst, Mamba_
« Reply #174 on: August 11, 2012, 05:42:31 pm »
I think score should be renamed as damage dealt and it should record only damage done...That simple.
Farewell my brother
Farewell my foe
May death embrace you
Your blood in the darkness flow
***PÖRKELE***

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #175 on: August 11, 2012, 06:09:22 pm »
I think it's pretty difficult as ranged, especially for snipers who like to shoot far away.

For shielders, it's probably the easiest or one of the easiest imo. As long as you stay up front and get a few hits in each round, you'll be at the top.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 11, 2012, 08:13:25 pm »
I really enjoy the new point system as a support player. I've been at least in the top 3 every game even when I had less than half the kills of the people around me. Many times I laughed when I had more points with 6-12 kills than those that had 18-24 kills.

An ensuing small discussion came around when they were talking about how BS it was that I was topping the charts with half the kills of the cavalry players while I played a Hoplite. I simply said it was hard to kill as a hoplite and they replied with "Yeah, but damage doesn't matter. What if you hit their best player for 80% of his health but he then kills 4-5 more people." In that sense, no the damage does not matter. But when you play a support character you get to hit people for 80% of their health and hand feed the kill to your ally. You do this A LOT.

Tl;dr, I'm glad supports are now getting recognized.

And this is why characters should be gimped if wounded.  Then damage would mean a lot more.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #177 on: August 12, 2012, 05:17:49 pm »
I just logged in with my pole alt on EU2. Round begins and I prepare to stab some heads with my long spear from higher ground at ladder entrance. I fell off the ledge, landed in between 10 people chopping at each other and died in about a second while not having hit a single enemy so far. Open the score board just to see I got 36 points from that.

(click to show/hide)

This aoe score gain seems kinda silly.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 06:03:37 pm by XyNox »

Offline Kajia

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Kajia
  • IRC nick: Kajia_
« Reply #178 on: August 12, 2012, 05:36:36 pm »
+3
disappering from scoreboard suckz :(
this.
not high priority, but really annoying!
it needs to be fixed, and be it just for the reason to see who of the disappearing guys (who could be game changers) is dead or not ....

and i would love to see the score taken into account inside a new value that can be shown next to the k:d on the website.
and please add a score column in the strategus battle charts.

so far i'm actually pleased with the system as it goes, although i'm still in favor of taking away ALL scores tbh, but ye ... it's okay :P

Kajia's Workshop
(cRPG artwork showcase)

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #179 on: August 12, 2012, 08:47:09 pm »
this.
not high priority, but really annoying!
it needs to be fixed, and be it just for the reason to see who of the disappearing guys (who could be game changers) is dead or not ....

and i would love to see the score taken into account inside a new value that can be shown next to the k:d on the website.
and please add a score column in the strategus battle charts.

so far i'm actually pleased with the system as it goes, although i'm still in favor of taking away ALL scores tbh, but ye ... it's okay :P

Yeah, this is very annoying. I constantly dissapear from scoreboard on EU_1.
It's not just that you can't see the score (and show it off). I regularly check scoreboard to see who is alive to get an understanding of the situation. Looking for good players in my team and enemy team.
This is no longer possible as Kajia said. Hope this gets fixed soon.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 08:50:33 pm by Riddaren »