Author Topic: Adjust the new scoresystem slightly - Feedback  (Read 12120 times)

Offline Plavor

• Baron
  • Renown: 83
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Yoshis are dragons, not dinos!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Plavor
  • IRC nick: Plavor
Adjust the new scoresystem slightly - Feedback
« on: August 06, 2012, 12:46:28 am »
+2
Since the newest scoresystem, a lot of players get nice scores for supporting their team - awesome feature.

BUT : You get more points for hitting horses because they have more hp.

Example :  If I shoot a cavalry player off his horse with full hp, I get 5 points.

If I shoot the cavalry player's horse I get 5 points and finish him off while he's dehorsed, I get additional 3 points - 8 points in total.

That is really weird because its way harder to hit a riding cavalry than his horse.

Discuss and maybe add more changes that could be done for the new pointsystem :)

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
Re: Adjust the new scoresystem slightly - Feedback
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 01:05:07 am »
+1
isn't score based on total damage dealt? It's not Health related in anyway as couching gets you more points because of its high damage.

I think.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 01:16:20 am »
+12
Question:

Why would you NOT want your team to target the enemy horses?
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 01:20:54 am »
+14
Finally an incentive for range to shoot cavalry. Easiest way to get a high score as ranged is to keep shooting dem horses. 
Monkeys!

Offline Plavor

• Baron
  • Renown: 83
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Yoshis are dragons, not dinos!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Plavor
  • IRC nick: Plavor
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 01:42:26 am »
I understand your point but it is a bit "unfair" since players who are shooting the cav directly should get bonuspoints for risking the chance to shoot the horse :P

range could abuse and farm points by just shooting horses  but I guess that's how you want it to work :/

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 02:13:20 am »
+1
Scored 1 point for a long ranged headshot kill that I felt proud about hitting, rather knocked down even further when I was docked 12 points for accidentally shooting an allies horse as it rode around a corner, that I had no chance of every seeing...

No thank you. Really doesn't accurately portray what I actually did... I hardly ruined the guys round by knocking the last 2 hp from his horse...

EDIT: Otherwise it's a wonderful addition and I hope to see it used for many other things! Although it was confusing at first as I ended a round with what I thought was a bugged K/D ratio of 72-5...  :rolleyes:

It's not really changed my game play. False ideas of how well you're doing though.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 03:59:26 am by Tennenoth »

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Cris

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 23
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Cris, Cris, TestSubject
  • IRC nick: Cris
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 02:28:18 am »
+4
Score system is good

I do have some opinions similar to Tenne.

Player shots ranther than horse shots should be encuaged for score as archer/crossbow/HA.

Reduce penalty to friendly horse shots. Some horses are really fast and will get hit by a friendly ranged player simply due to the rider getting in the way of the shot by chance even though when the missile was shot said horseman was no where to be seen. Please not, this should apply only to the horse, if it hits the rider, same penalty as usual.

I also do feel that harder shots (longer distance/HS) should get a better score, after all best ranged will rarely be able to kill 3+ melee players in a row as some of the best melee players can do.

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 02:30:08 am »
+5
I really enjoy the new point system as a support player. I've been at least in the top 3 every game even when I had less than half the kills of the people around me. Many times I laughed when I had more points with 6-12 kills than those that had 18-24 kills.

An ensuing small discussion came around when they were talking about how BS it was that I was topping the charts with half the kills of the cavalry players while I played a Hoplite. I simply said it was hard to kill as a hoplite and they replied with "Yeah, but damage doesn't matter. What if you hit their best player for 80% of his health but he then kills 4-5 more people." In that sense, no the damage does not matter. But when you play a support character you get to hit people for 80% of their health and hand feed the kill to your ally. You do this A LOT.

Tl;dr, I'm glad supports are now getting recognized.

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2012, 02:42:18 am »
+3
Well for ranged, remember that shot difficulty system in native? Maybe make the score system based off that.
Pock gobblers

Offline Yachdiel

• Knight
  • Renown: 68
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Thraus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2012, 02:48:40 am »
Needs to take a lot more points away if you Team Wound. I thought this system would help teamplay as everyone wants to be top scoreboard, but everyone has this overwhelming superior idea that "K/D DOESN'T MATTER GUIS! IM A TEAM PLAYER! LOOK AT MY SCORE!". So now that all these people that needed something to show them that their 'never kill nerfed agi' build was worth have a pointless number to jerk off to, they mosh pit to get a hit in on everything they see. Its like old cRPG all over again

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2012, 11:33:44 am »
+1
Just love that all this scorewhores run to every dead body and hit it, looks so funny :D
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Zandieer

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2012, 11:43:03 am »
+1
Finally an incentive for range to shoot cavalry. Easiest way to get a high score as ranged is to keep shooting dem horses.
:lol:
I've spend most of my career in cRPG killing horses, so fine for me!

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1322
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Arys_TheDrunkenPeasant
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2012, 11:48:55 am »
Horses are easier to shoot than people, I love it. I dehorse one guy, great, on to the next neckbeard cav.

Offline Royans

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2012, 11:55:15 am »

range could abuse and farm points by just shooting horses  but I guess that's how you want it to work :/

Ahaha be prepare, in 1 week, server will be full of range, welcome back to counter strike :D

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2012, 12:05:35 pm »
I understand your point but it is a bit "unfair" since players who are shooting the cav directly should get bonuspoints for risking the chance to shoot the horse :P

I'm noticing an increase in points from shooting cavalry players on cav then if they are on the ground, and I highly suspect it is due to the damage bonus that their speed is lending my arrow, so basically you are being rewarded. If you really want to see an insane bonus in points, try a headshot on a riding cav, 15 point boost is rather nice.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.