Author Topic: Adjust the new scoresystem slightly - Feedback  (Read 12998 times)

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
Re: Adjust the new scoresystem slightly - Feedback
« Reply #105 on: August 06, 2012, 10:49:19 pm »
+1
Yes, body hits, at the moment it is just 'hits' - body hits means specific points based where you hit, obviously headshot count most.

Don't body shots already deal more damage? So your suggestion is already implemented kind of.

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #106 on: August 06, 2012, 10:53:40 pm »
+2
Don't body shots already deal more damage? So your suggestion is already implemented kind of.

Maybe, I haven't played enough with the new patch to notice that, but given chadz is suggesting that points should also be based on if you hit someone in the head or torso/rest-of-body, then I don't see the issue in reinforcing that statement, which is all I did.

hiltslashing bundle of sticksry

Also hilt slashing is not in any way silly nor is kicking in it self or chambers. They're hard to master skills that require extremely fast reactions and solid predictions.
What's silly is massive running speed included with dancing around like a monkey, fighting solely based on ranging and not blocking.
In fact, if it were possible to detect, a fight between people that would involve several blocks in a row, the following first hit should generate additional points due to the effort involved. Which in turn also punishes those who consider themselves speedy gonzales of sword/polearm fighting.

Don't get me wrong, it IS a play-style, but it should not be rewarded on equal footing as regular fighting, because it certainly ISN'T.

A feature like this isn't of any sort of major importance though, but it definitely should be on the table if it is possible.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Nehvar

• Duke
  • Renown: 550
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 06, 2012, 11:28:40 pm »
Some stuff I'd suggest myself:
- don't base it on the damage dealt, but on the bone: head 2 points, rest 1 point (peasants will automatically bring less points by going down in 1 hit)
- extend the teamplayer bonus to 4m and 100%, not 50%
- give an extra point for killing (a human)

I like it as a starting point but I don't think that damage dealt should be completely ignored.  The system you described above seems to favor spammy-weapon agility builds heavily while the system currently in place definitely favors big-weapon strength builds.  There has to be some middle ground that is fair to both.

Maybe somehow factor in a modifier to the damage-awarded points that takes into account the damage you did relative to your potential.  Like, just for example, you'd get 1X points for an average hit; 2X points for a hit scored with both the sweet spot of your attack animation and good speed bonus; and 0.5X for a hit that glances.  Something along those lines. 

Strength builds would still get credit for the raw damage they're putting out while the agility guys get rewarded for the footwork that is, arguably, more crucial to their builds.

This is still just a rough idea so don't jump down my throat just yet.
WSE2 gives us the key to a wonderful world of butthurt...

Offline Silveredge

• Count
  • Renown: 190
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Silveredge
« Reply #108 on: August 06, 2012, 11:32:07 pm »
+2
Some stuff I'd suggest myself:

- extend the teamplayer bonus to 4m and 100%, not 50%

Wouldn't this be coming full circle to what cRPG was before I even played the game?  I remember when I started, people talking about "how it used to be" with everyone just following around players like Goretooth to get points from the people they kill.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #109 on: August 06, 2012, 11:33:40 pm »
+1
I think it should just be damage done.  This will help account for sweet spots (sweet spots do more damage) and bone hits (headshots do more damage) so its the easiest solution.

Think agi builds get shafted?  I don't think so.  A slow str build might get 12 hits in at great damage, but a fast agi build might get 17 hits at medium damage....so in the end I think they'd have the same chance at points.

Offline Silveredge

• Count
  • Renown: 190
  • Infamy: 41
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Silveredge
« Reply #110 on: August 06, 2012, 11:36:13 pm »
I like it as a starting point but I don't think that damage dealt should be completely ignored.  The system you described above seems to favor spammy-weapon agility builds heavily while the system currently in place definitely favors big-weapon strength builds.  There has to be some middle ground that is fair to both.

Maybe somehow factor in a modifier to the damage-awarded points that takes into account the damage you did relative to your potential.  Like, just for example, you'd get 1X points for an average hit; 2X points for a hit scored with both the sweet spot of your attack animation and good speed bonus; and 0.5X for a hit that glances.  Something along those lines. 

Strength builds would still get credit for the raw damage they're putting out while the agility guys get rewarded for the footwork that is, arguably, more crucial to their builds.

This is still just a rough idea so don't jump down my throat just yet.

This was my first reaction as well.  However, I realized if you compare it to two dps styles putting out the same damage over time, you begin to realize it is pretty balanced.  Since the intent is to have the damage capped at the health of the opponent, whether you do the damage in 1 shot or 3, its the same amount of points at the end.

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #111 on: August 06, 2012, 11:38:15 pm »
+1
Wouldn't this be coming full circle to what cRPG was before I even played the game?  I remember when I started, people talking about "how it used to be" with everyone just following around players like Goretooth to get points from the people they kill.

Yeah... that will be like the XP barns, only score barns now. Do we really want that? Not me. I don't think we should be forced to play as a group. If I stay in the open to hold back cav away from the group I don't get any points from surrounding teammates. And everyone just running in the vicinity of the top scorers get points for free? Only because I'm standing beside someone doesn't necessarily mean I help them.
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #112 on: August 06, 2012, 11:56:21 pm »
I think it should just be damage done.  This will help account for sweet spots (sweet spots do more damage) and bone hits (headshots do more damage) so its the easiest solution.

Think agi builds get shafted?  I don't think so.  A slow str build might get 12 hits in at great damage, but a fast agi build might get 17 hits at medium damage....so in the end I think they'd have the same chance at points.

Exactly.

Offline Mithus

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 07, 2012, 12:13:14 am »
Current system:

- take the damage dealt
- cap it by what HP the enemy has left
- divide by 10, round down
- if it is a horse and has a rider divide by 5,
- if it is a horse without rider set to 0
- if it's a teammate multiply by -2
- if you hurt yourself * -1
- give this score to the one who did the damage
- divide score by 2
- give to everyone within 3m that is an enemy of the one who was hit

what about players that manual block while others swing by behind and get the points, manual block an enemy would give at least a tiny fraction of the current player that kill it if is done in the last seconds..
A small bonus to who stays alive at end of each round and did damage to the enemy..

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #114 on: August 07, 2012, 12:18:59 am »
what about players that manual block while others swing by behind and get the points, manual block an enemy would give at least a tiny fraction of the current player that kill it if is done in the last seconds..
A small bonus to who stays alive at end of each round and did damage to the enemy..

That's where being within 3m comes in handy.  Blocking or distracting the player gets you points.

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #115 on: August 07, 2012, 12:31:17 am »
That's where being within 3m comes in handy.  Blocking or distracting the player gets you points.

Yeah, I agree.

If you would get points for just blocking, some players would definately abuse it.
Friends in opposite teams standing in a corner of the map or some other place where they won't get disturbe just taking turn in hitting and blocking to get points :wink:
Not that I care about them getting points in an unfair way, but there is already enough friends in opposite teams hiding somewhere making love.

Make war not love.

Offline CtrlAltDe1337

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • Victoria aut mors
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS / Northern Empire
  • Game nicks: Kataphraktos, Muffins, CtrlAltDelete, Haleth
« Reply #116 on: August 07, 2012, 12:38:08 am »
Can we get points for:

destroying ladders
capping flags in strategus
holding the flag in siege mode

etc.  Basically other support activities.
Quote from: IRC
<abearirl>crtlaltdel shut up | you are the worst | sperglord | i hate you so much | if i could ban goatee or ban you | i'd ban you
<Wylker|work>man if i was locked in a bunker with einstein, stalin, and CtrlAltDelete and had a gun with only 2 bullets | I'd shoot CtrlAltDelete twice

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #117 on: August 07, 2012, 12:43:19 am »
Yeah... that will be like the XP barns, only score barns now. Do we really want that? Not me. I don't think we should be forced to play as a group. If I stay in the open to hold back cav away from the group I don't get any points from surrounding teammates. And everyone just running in the vicinity of the top scorers get points for free? Only because I'm standing beside someone doesn't necessarily mean I help them.

Only if you care about your score really. The old crpg was all about the xp and gold. Which led to xp barns and xp bridge and so forth.

So I suppose if you care enough about your score then yes you are forced to work with the team more but not necessarily. You can still have a decent score on your own.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #118 on: August 07, 2012, 05:15:44 am »
+1
I assume there is something in the algorithm to avoid spreading negative points via TW/TK? Otherwise if I hit a teammate I end up spreading negative points to others.  :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #119 on: August 07, 2012, 05:29:33 am »
I assume there is something in the algorithm to avoid spreading negative points via TW/TK? Otherwise if I hit a teammate I end up spreading negative points to others.  :lol:

I did not think of this, well done  :lol:
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.