Author Topic: [HG] Order of the Holy Guard - NA  (Read 62081 times)

Offline StormFaction

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: HG_Guard_Eryalus, HG_Igorrr
Re: [HG] Order of the Holy Guard
« Reply #435 on: January 23, 2013, 02:13:32 am »
Planned build(s):

Level 30 (4 420 577 xp)

Strength: 15
Agility: 21
Hit points: 60
Skills to attributes: 2
Ironflesh: 5
Power Strike: 5
Shield: 7
Athletics: 5
Riding: 0
Horse Archery: 0
Power Draw: 0
Power Throw: 0
Weapon Master: 7
One Handed: 165
Two Handed: 1
Polearm: 1
Archery: 1
Crossbow: 1
Throwing: 1

Level 33 (35 569 612 xp)

Strength: 18
Agility: 21
Hit points: 65
Ironflesh: 6
Power Strike: 6
Shield: 7
Athletics: 6
Weapon Master: 7
One Handed: 168
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

You can always count on old Beelzebub to throw the best LAN party, he eats children's dreams and shits out videogames.

Offline Malverx

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: HG_Justicar_Malverx, HG_Rylen, HG_Rylinn
« Reply #436 on: January 23, 2013, 07:52:35 pm »
+1
I highly recommend this build, you can get to 24/15 @ Level 33 and add some more punch to your hits, or if you feel the need, build 21/18 for more speed, although as a shielder this should get you far.  I used this build for a long time with great success.  Use a huscarl's or knightly heater when you need to get swings off faster, but combined with a warhammer, this thing takes people out.  1h's are inherently fast so you won't need the extra agility and 5 athletics for a shield spec is plenty against the majority of today's 30/9 builds.

Level 30 (4 420 577 xp)

Strength: 21
    Agility: 15
    Hit points: 70

Ironflesh: 7
    Power Strike: 7
    Shield: 5
    Athletics: 5
    Weapon Master: 5

One Handed: 148

Level:           33

Strength:        24
Agility:         15

Skill to attr:    2

Ironflash:        7
Power Strike:     8
Shield:           5
Athletics:        5
Weapon Master:    5

One Handed:     150
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 07:57:25 pm by Malverx »

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #437 on: January 23, 2013, 09:11:20 pm »
+1
Since I respec'd to 27/15...

Battle
Kills/Deaths: 50/15, 3.3:1

lol...strength FTW
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 05:05:24 pm by Elindor »
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: January 24, 2013, 09:40:47 pm »
+2
Please welcome Phew to the ranks of the Holy Guard.
He has come to add his might to our shield walls...

Also...
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 09:50:27 pm by Elindor »

Offline Malverx

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: January 24, 2013, 09:45:27 pm »
Welcome Phew!  Your bravery and honorable reputation precedes you. Glad to have you in our ranks!

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #440 on: January 24, 2013, 09:52:41 pm »
+4
Hello HG, thanks for having me. In my 16 gens of crpg, I've never been in a 'real' clan before, but Elindor eventually talked me into it. I've always respected the way you guys carry yourselves, and I'm looking forward to playing alongside everyone.

About me: I only play siege, and I can't really talk much on TS since my infant daughter sleeps in the next room (and I can only play when she is sleeping), but I'll try to log in and listen when possible.

See you on siege soon hopefully!

Offline Malverx

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 24, 2013, 09:59:33 pm »
The majority of us only play siege.  I typically have only played battle when the server is dead.  And no worries about TS, Oda does the same thing, and a few of us (mainly Elindor and myself) understand infants very well at this point in life!  I think you will fit in just fine.

Offline StormFaction

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 26
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: HG_Guard_Eryalus, HG_Igorrr
« Reply #442 on: January 25, 2013, 01:11:48 am »
+1
Please welcome Phew to the ranks of the Holy Guard.
He has come to add his might to our shield walls...

Also...
(click to show/hide)

DARKSOULSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

and welcome phew :3

You can always count on old Beelzebub to throw the best LAN party, he eats children's dreams and shits out videogames.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #443 on: January 25, 2013, 04:26:30 pm »
+1
I only got to play one map with you guys last night (Sea Raid?), but it was a blast. There were what, 12 HG members on? And I probably teamwounded every one of you  :oops:

Anyway, I'm stoked, hopefully I'll be able to play more this weekend, and get on TS some.

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 25, 2013, 04:37:00 pm »
Yeah, slow nights we usually have around 4-5 right now and when we have more on its around 12 or so.

We're working on some basic teamwork and group tactics stuff as well...so definitely hop in TS (even if you can't talk much - some of our guys just listen like Oda)

Offline Calford

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: HG_Vicar_Vlanear, HG_Female_Animal_Hybrid
« Reply #445 on: January 25, 2013, 04:47:32 pm »
+2
Oda, Our silent guardian.

Also welcome Phew! its great to have you aboard!
Vlanear, Vicar of the Holy Guard

Offline Leithlen

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: HG_Devout_Leithlen
« Reply #446 on: January 25, 2013, 06:11:09 pm »
Welcome Phew!

We have always been most active in siege, but I have recently been urging some excursion into battle as I think it offers an alternative play-style that provides for a different level of involved teamwork experiences that can be difficult to perform as regularly in the chaos of siege.  However, so far I've found that when we approach battle as a teamwork experience, members that have previously stuck to siege only enjoy themselves immensely.

Also, please do join us in TS as often as possible, even/especially if it's only to listen.  It will enhance your enjoyment of the group greatly and it will help you coordinate with us at an even greater level.  Most of the communication is done by whoever is leading the group effort, and that is most easily done via voice.  Responses do not need to be as detailed (or even done at all), so most of the effectiveness of voice communication for purposes of coordination and teamwork can be conducted just by being able to listen in.  Elindor and I have been leading a guild online in many games since 2003, and while we have always stressed the use of voice servers in order to coordinate better and more easily, we have always had a few members who listen only, and we have always embraced and encouraged that.
Leithlen
Order of the Holy Guard

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
« Reply #447 on: January 26, 2013, 02:44:15 am »
+3
The ships carrying the Holy Guard landed upon the thin rocky shores stretching before the great cliffs. Just beyond the cliffs lay a town overrun by the Islamic horde, it was the Guard's duty to reclaim the town in the Name of Christianity. As the siege ladders were unloaded from the ships and brought to siege positions, Tojo remained on the ship watching as the preparation for battle took place. In of the newer recruits caught Tojo's attention as he had never seen this recruit before. Tojo approached him and they made their introductions, his name was "Phew". Before he could introduce himself further the battle horn blew and the ladders were mounted, as the Guard began to scale the cliffs to retake the village.

The army of Islam had been waiting at the cliff top and now seeing their chance to catch the Guard by surprise sprang their ambush. The horde used archers and javelins to strike at the Guard, but we pushed through their lines with religious fervor. Now atop the cliffs the battle had been brought to a man vs man melee. Tojo being a seasoned warrior defeated his opponent ( 8-)) and moved in to help the others. He could see the recruit Phew knew how to handle his own battle, but Tojo would not dare risk another man's life on an assumption. Moving in unseen by the enemy Tojo flanked him and together with Phew, cut him down.  Then without saying a word Phew flung his axe with great force just beyond Tojo's temple. Astonished by Phew's actions Tojo turned around to see one of the enemy with his maul drawn high above his head about to crush Tojo's skull, but Phew's axe now buried deep in the enemies forehead had saved Tojo's life. Tojo thanked Phew and they moved on with the rest of the Guard to take back the village, but Tojo knew one day he would have to return the favor...

Offline SteelFalcon

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Oda Nobunaga, Hykima, Tirnian, Fjarn, Madina, Tetsugai
« Reply #448 on: January 26, 2013, 02:57:52 am »
+3
As the battle-weary men of the Guard returned from a far-off battle, Oda Nobunaga, who had stayed back to recover from his long captivity, only recently escaped, strode deliberately to the walls of Himmelsberg Monastery. Looking out he felt the usual pang of regret from having missed the opportunity to fight alongside his friends, for his life was long, and his woes had been many. His salt-and-pepper hair, looking more salt and less pepper these days, drifted in the breeze as his topknot swayed in the icy wind. He saw two corpses, friends hardly known, being borne into the gates. Looking out he saw a face long-recognized but utterly unexpected. Dropping his helm he bounded down the stairs with the strength and vigor of a younger man.

"Phew! Is that really you?" he cried as the man stepped forward.  The man standing before him was battle-hardened and hearty, a heavy shield was slung across his back and a large satchel of razor-sharp perfectly-balanced axes hung at his side. sticking out of his pack was the many-notched hilt of a fearsome cleaver. The man replied, "Yes." Oda knew this man from long experience, hardly speaking, but always lethally prepared for battle. They had fought against one another in the fields of battle prior to this meeting, and more than a few of Oda's scars were dealt from that wicked-sharp piece of steel sticking out of the pack. They had fought out of necessity however, not animosity, and respected each other as fellow soldiers and fellow men. Oda spoke again, "I am glad to see you wearing the colors of our order Phew. Too long have we stood against each other unnecessarily. I am sure you will find the guards to be as friendly and companionable as I have. This land, these men, they will quick become your home and family. Welcome home!"
“You seem to be under the misconception that if you perform one brave deed, that alone makes you a samurai. Well it doesn't! You let that one act of loyalty convince you of your righteousness. The more convinced you became, the more harm you caused yourself and everyone else.”
~Miyamoto Musashi
"Duty is heavier than a mountain; death is lighter than a feather."
~Robert Jordan

Offline Fringe

• Baron
  • Renown: 119
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Blackfist T.T
  • Game nicks: Fringe, Bane, Bane_of_Fringe
« Reply #449 on: January 26, 2013, 03:38:49 am »
+2
As the battle-weary men of the Guard returned from a far-off battle, Oda Nobunaga, who had stayed back to recover from his long captivity, only recently escaped, strode deliberately to the walls of Himmelsberg Monastery. Looking out he felt the usual pang of regret from having missed the opportunity to fight alongside his friends, for his life was long, and his woes had been many. His salt-and-pepper hair, looking more salt and less pepper these days, drifted in the breeze as his topknot swayed in the icy wind. He saw two corpses, friends hardly known, being borne into the gates. Looking out he saw a face long-recognized but utterly unexpected. Dropping his helm he bounded down the stairs with the strength and vigor of a younger man.

"Phew! Is that really you?" he cried as the man stepped forward.  The man standing before him was battle-hardened and hearty, a heavy shield was slung across his back and a large satchel of razor-sharp perfectly-balanced axes hung at his side. sticking out of his pack was the many-notched hilt of a fearsome cleaver. The man replied, "Yes." Oda knew this man from long experience, hardly speaking, but always lethally prepared for battle. They had fought against one another in the fields of battle prior to this meeting, and more than a few of Oda's scars were dealt from that wicked-sharp piece of steel sticking out of the pack. They had fought out of necessity however, not animosity, and respected each other as fellow soldiers and fellow men. Oda spoke again, "I am glad to see you wearing the colors of our order Phew. Too long have we stood against each other unnecessarily. I am sure you will find the guards to be as friendly and companionable as I have. This land, these men, they will quick become your home and family. Welcome home!"

Love the role-play. Holy Guard has some damn good players and is a respectable clan, and should set an example to other's.
Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.