• cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
Re: QQ
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2012, 03:57:50 am »
+3
l2p melee sometime in the near future.
Haven't been archer on my main in probably 6 or 7 gens, and I do quite well as melee tyvm
also try playing each class before judging.
I've played:
Cav
1H
2H
Pole
Archer
Xbow
Throwing (alt)
HX (alt)

all the things mentioned in first post are problems in game balance. rather have you comment why you think eny of the 3 points arent valid for mentioning then spouting out your usual empty words
Reasons your points about archer aren't valid?
Because archers have already been nerfed plenty, removing their team support potential is unnecessary. 
Because nerf archery threads pop up daily from whiners who don't have a shield.
Because you have to sacrifice pretty much all other battle viability in order to be an archer in cRPG

Reasons your complaints about blunt isn't valid?
Because blunt weapons are often the shortest/slowest in the game
Because maulers have a TON of disadvantages
Because you can't rely on knockdowns

Your move
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Froto_the_Loc

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • CRaPGame
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Locia
  • Game nicks: Froto_the_loc
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2012, 04:51:13 am »
I really haven't heard complaints much about archer stun. And just as Shine said, they've been nerfed a lot, why do it more?

Now knockdown is different. It's supposed to give a free hit or take you out of a fight. It's part of heavy weapons and maces. It's sorta like only letting half the attacks with an axe to a shield have the bonus, or only letting your lance couch half the time.

Crossbows are supposed to hit hard. It's not like they shoot wet noodles or something. And are you referring to the arbalest off-hands or the light crossbow off-hands? The lighter crossbows are used as secondaries, so the wielders normally have melee stats. But snipers hardly have melee stats due the nature of the builds. I don't want to insult anyone, but it isn't hard to kill someone with 0 iron flesh and 0 power strike.
Hooray for customization and hybridization!
Down with monotonous pure classes!

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2012, 05:10:18 am »
+2
Removing arrow stagger because polestagger is gone ?

Sure.

To keep consistency give bows the same attack speed as polearms ( which means roughly a 200% speed boost ), give arrows bonus against shields, the ability to rear horses and enable them to curve around objects like a pike can do.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2012, 05:17:45 am »

Because archers have already been nerfed plenty, removing their team support potential is unnecessary.  *nerfed plenty is not a reason to not ballance, lowering stun duration  wont remove teamplay potential at all, it will still stun , just not paralyze*

Because nerf archery threads pop up daily from whiners who don't have a shield. * irrelevant, also shields do need buff*
Because you have to sacrifice pretty much all other battle viability in order to be an archer in cRPG * a pinpoint accurate archer/sniper yes, but 18/18 is a very well working build to and u get ps x6 *

Because blunt weapons are often the shortest/slowest in the game * once you learn to fight in melee the speed or length dous not counter the immense damage and increddible high knockdown chance, i am not saying remove, i am saying lower chance *
Because maulers have a TON of disadvantages * maulers do , but 1handed blunts and ballanced blunts less so*
Because you can't rely on knockdowns * not fully but they happen very very frequent, also whifs and glances knockdown..*

thanks for your constructive response
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 05:30:28 am by rufio »

Offline Fuma Kotaro

• Marshall
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm Fubadubbaduma
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Duck
  • Game nicks: Fuma + sth
  • IRC nick: sF_Leonidas
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2012, 07:59:45 am »
having arrows stagger longer then melee is far from realism so your first comment and last are contradicting, also the stun just breaks fun when teamplay is implemented, and takes away the skill part ( melee hit> can block after hit, ranged stun> still stunned cant block ), im not calling for a removal of the stun just a decrease, since arrows now still stun like polestun used to. blunts knockdown 1 in every 3/4 hits, when i play as mauler im god, if i have blunt as offhand on my xbow or archer alts, i ruin alot of people with knockdown, since the blunt also neglects half the armor( i would also settle for making 1handed blunts unballanced like the 2handed and pole knockdown weps). and xbows are most effective ranged since most pierce damage and highest missle speed/eazy aiming + can use melee offhand very effectivly.
(maybe youve all realised the huge increase of xbowers lately)

also as you migh thave noticed game ballance is more important then realism...

+ buff shield forcefield again to

edit*
(click to show/hide)
Haven't been archer on my main in probably 6 or 7 gens, and I do quite well as melee tyvmI've played:
Cav
1H
2H
Pole
Archer
Xbow
Throwing (alt)
HX (alt)
Because archers have already been nerfed plenty, removing their team support potential is unnecessary. 
Because nerf archery threads pop up daily from whiners who don't have a shield.
Because you have to sacrifice pretty much all other battle viability in order to be an archer in cRPG

Because blunt weapons are often the shortest/slowest in the game
Because maulers have a TON of disadvantages
Because you can't rely on knockdowns

Your move

and
Arrow stun is realistic because you will be fuckn hurting when you see "Fu I've an arrow in my knee" and ranged is the least that should be nerfed
Throwing: Broken
Archery: Balanced right now
Crossbows: Boring class/You don't even 1hit with mw arbalest and steel bolts (100P) and gotta reload so long

Ranged is another kind of skill learning how the missiles fly is also skill in a different way get it 2hand seems to be the easiest class currently so stop complaining about skill
1h blunt unbalanced really? Since when can 1h be unbalanced?

SO you want gamebalance then nerf 2h this is currently the op class
Ranged already stated
Polearms: 2 directional: Very hard to fight with since the recent turning speed nerf and remove of polestagger =easy to fight
                4 directional: It's quit ok but they have bad animations compared to 2h and 1h and no polestagger  = easy to fight
1h:   Short reach, useless thrust, long rightswing but glancing,can be easily kicked, good leftswing but short, very risky and short overhead = easy to fight
2h: longes reach, best animations, op thrust, hitslashing , crying greatsworder

tell me if i forgot anything

I'm experienced:

last gen 2h
this gen pole
next gen 1h

already have been:
Cav
1h
Arbalester
2h
Pole
Archer
Thrower
HA
HX
HT (alt)

Offline Froto_the_Loc

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • CRaPGame
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Locia
  • Game nicks: Froto_the_loc
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2012, 08:54:03 am »
Argument.
I really don't want to turn this into a "NERF THIS!" discussion like all thread s come to, but polearm side swings are pretty borked, in my experience.
Going through walls and hitting before my swings do (I know how turning works and stuff, but they really do!)

Fix throwing and 1h and 2h and THEN we can remove features because one guy complains.
Hooray for customization and hybridization!
Down with monotonous pure classes!

Offline Fuma Kotaro

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm Fubadubbaduma
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2012, 08:57:14 am »
I really don't want to turn this into a "NERF THIS!" discussion like all thread s come to, but polearm side swings are pretty borked, in my experience.
Going through walls and hitting before my swings do (I know how turning works and stuff, but they really do!)

Fix throwing and 1h and 2h and THEN we can remove features because one guy complains.
This wasn't a nerf argument  it is like that currently
 but yea first fix thi stuff

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2012, 09:05:33 am »
remove long stun from ranged (make it like melee stun), lower blunt knockdown chance (its increddibly op considering blunt also neglects ~~50% armor,  ballance xbows even more (longer reload or pd to use )

PD for xbows! I agree. Moar DMG for xbows, as soon as this is implemented I'm pulling my arbalest out again and going for at least 6 PD.

6*14% MOAR DMG! GROAAAAAAR

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2012, 10:24:49 am »
+2
QQfio strikes back !!!
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2012, 11:45:54 am »
leonidas you are a nuub that is all i have to say, 2 hander isnt op compared to pole, pole hiltslashes to, and has insta stab since patches from close range hardly glancing, more op then 2hander stab atm, pole harder since polestagger gone?? riiiight.  ah well , i still stand by my first 3 ballancing arguments

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2012, 11:50:04 am »
+1
Hey Ruf-mich-anio how did they ever accept you into Nords ? I've heard that oKin doesn't like QQ-ers, he's not a good father to you.  :twisted:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2012, 11:51:30 am »
to be honest 2h has a more instant/pole-like stab in terms of how early in the animation it does damage after the turning patch as well, at least that's how it feels like

Offline Fuma Kotaro

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm Fubadubbaduma
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2012, 12:15:44 pm »
+1
leonidas you are a nuub that is all i have to say, 2 hander isnt op compared to pole, pole hiltslashes to, and has insta stab since patches from close range hardly glancing, more op then 2hander stab atm, pole harder since polestagger gone?? riiiight.  ah well , i still stand by my first 3 ballancing arguments
Stop your QQing that poles and 2handers are balanced compared to each other you fool get some brain I think even you have some (I hope it for you)
and I'm definetly not a noob

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2012, 12:26:11 pm »
Wouldn't mind xbows having to use PD to be used. Would cut down on a lot of ranged in servers since people take them as sidearms. Not sure that'd be a good idea though since if they did get the PD requirement, they'd get the bonus from it too which would make them that much more powerful. Probably only give the PD requirement to crossbow and above or at least at heavy xbow. It'd be interesting though.

As for the others.. no. 1h blunt does not need to be nerfed or tinkered with at all. Archer stun is fine as well.

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2012, 12:30:54 pm »
+1
To be honest I agree with 1h knockdown chance, the bigger mauls it makes sense to hit like that plus you can always spam them to death due to lower speed.

1h knockdowns are difficult though, recently all I've been getting is 1 hit, on floor then dead before I can get up, might as well just give them instakill vs me if I failblock D: