Author Topic: People who have taught/inspired you.  (Read 18908 times)

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
Re: People who have taught/inspired you.
« Reply #120 on: July 27, 2012, 08:06:23 pm »
All this Ninja love but no love for the first Ninja Polearmer?

Shamefur Dispray.

Traitors get no love!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #121 on: July 27, 2012, 10:33:18 pm »
You just didn't inspire or teach me much Korgoth :P

Offline Kaelaen

• Count
  • Renown: 163
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
    • H2O Kaelaen's Youtube Videos
  • Faction: Blandiloquent Rampallion Deutereagonists (BRD)
  • Game nicks: Kaelaen_BRD
  • IRC nick: Kaelaen
« Reply #122 on: July 28, 2012, 12:36:05 am »
+3
I started on EU, because back when you start ping doesn't really matter and you can't block anyway.  Anyway, I was running around being all peasanty when I see SoA Micah holding her own wearing peasant clothing (used a bow and poleaxe back then, only managed to play old cRPG for a grand total of two days :().  That inspired me to start off as a dickless archer, and occasionally I return to that playstyle.  More importantly, I always loved the concept of some peasant kicking everyone's asses so that inspired me to constantly make agility or low armor builds, a trend which I still haven't quite bucked to this day.

Then when I started learning how to play, I started noticing how important ping was so I hopped off of EU.  I'll always miss The_Finn.  There, I saw RS running around doing well, a lot of the times in cheap clothing and or cheap weapons so that inspired me to learn how to melee better to hopefully get noticed by those guys.  Never happened, but eventually I joined BRD using the excuse they were looking for archers.

BRD was one of the clans I was really interested in because I saw them once plant a bunch of dummies on the ground and hide in them wielding torches, so quite clearly that was a group of people I wanted to play with.  Even when I wasn't good, I knew I still didn't feel like being a tryhard at this game so this pointless teamwork type playstyle appealed to me.  Little did I know, they were also regulars on the duel server, so I became one as well.  My big inspirations then became Edmond, Kalam, and Cyranule.  Eddie broke down my playstyle which lead me to start on my path of improvement, Kalam was always a solid duelist and until he joined the army we were always regulars in duel.  And of course, Cyranule.  I don't feel I need to waste time describing him since a bunch of people already mentioned Cyranule.

But enough clan jerking, two of the most important people in the world are Partyboy and POOPHAMMER.  They mastered this game.  They are peerless.  I'm pretty sure the only reason Partyboy stopped playing is because of how amazing he was.  The developers constantly made nerfs to his playstyles, the admins constantly banned him for it, he was quite clearly overpowered.  I mean, half the time he roleplays being a pacifist with his torch.  Sometimes he does it on a horse, and then his horse kills people and he'd apologize because he claims his horse had gone berserk.  I'll always miss Partyboy.  Is POOPHAMMER still around?  I don't know, I don't really play siege.  I hope he is.  He's one of the few people I respect in this game.

Wiegraf gets a special nomination because he was always a decent player, but more importantly played like a weirdo.  He was a big reason in why I joined BRD in the first place.  My first impression of Wiegraf was some idiot digging holes in the ground by constantly stabbing down with the goedendag, and then the legendary HarmlessPeasant stood up to him ready to fight.  Wiegraf casually looks up, and then thrashes HarmlessPeasant to the ground.  It was awesome.  Not to mention he started the Axe Gang.  My god it's hilarious seeing 20 axes fly through the air hitting absolutely nothing.

CHINASERF.  Enough said.

Always really liked watching and fighting Bigsandwich and Hannibal.  Such naturals at the game.

Epoch for his 6/33 spear build.

Saulcanner, because of all the reasons people already say about him but also because he's kind enough to never refuse a duel with you.  It's hard to learn off of someone if they're constantly snubbing you; I never see Saul dismissing a fight.  So whenever I'm in duel, while I still seek out people I feel are better than me, if someone wants to duel me I don't refuse them either.  If I can help someone get even a little bit better, I dunno?  I feel good I guess?

These days I'm a cav melee build and while there are cav better than him, my favorite horseman will always be TommyHu.  Wears light armor, but it's his style that impresses me most.  While most cav do efficient things like only attacking from behind, I always see Tommy attempt the weirdest horse maneuvers and succeeding at them.  Like using his horse to jump on top of ruins, carefully balance atop the wall where normally you only see archers with high athletics even try to scale, and slowly sneak up on the archer on the window not looking at him, still on his horse mind you, and then stab him in the arse.  TommyHu's amazing. 

Special nomination would be RUFFIESROHYPNOL was and is better, but RUFFIES always seemed like such a cool guy.

-idlewind
-idlewind

Offline Chris_P_Bacon

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 37
  • I'm a pig.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Ser_Chris_P_Bacon_Astralis, an_angry_piglet, A_Canadian_Seal_Clubber_Eh
« Reply #123 on: July 28, 2012, 01:04:15 am »
+1
Memento_Mori taught me to melee. It was tough at first, but I started to learn his playstyle, then completely abandon it and learn my own. Now I'm a filthy right swing only polearm hold spammer like Rhaelys but Mori taught me how to block and how to fuck people over with holds and we learned to chamber together <3

Offline Lannistark

• Duke
  • Renown: 586
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Duke
« Reply #124 on: July 28, 2012, 02:13:29 am »
(click to show/hide)

Someone had to say it...

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 28, 2012, 03:28:55 am »
There has been numerous people shaping my experience in cRPG, in minor or major ways.

Short list, somewhat chronological:

Vincenzo(Might have been another 22nd): Watching him defend a tower against a horde of people, where none would get past his great maul, intrigued me. Thus i started on the path of becoming a mauler. 
Jesus (was this Vincenzo?): Seeing the other team panic when Jesus charged, was majestic. This inspired my own charges, later coined suicide charges. 
Thomek: For teaching me how to play. And for inspiring me to this day, shaping all my characters after his masochistic ideals. 
Saladin: For teaching me his dirty tricks and exploits.
Ptah/Argento: Teaching me the value of a well placed kick.
Chimp: For blocking everything i threw at him, forcing me to think outside the box.
Someone special: For teaching me chambers.
Urist: For teaching me a lesson in humility, when i needed it.
Tai feng: Teaching me to look twice on a "helpless" peasant before engaging combat.
Bjord: Teaching me proper stabbing technique.
Khorin: Helped me evolve when i had stagnated.
Mr Turtle: My wardrobe collection, is largely inspired by your fashion sense.
Alex: Taught me it was possible to hold attack after a chamber. Also inspired my quest to perfect chambers against hold-attacks, which in time, i failed.
Korgoth and Gabe: For preaching teamplay above suicide runs.

Also had a lot of dueling partners on eu_3 & ndition during this period, those i remember: Ragni, danish & blueberry.
Gnjus & Dave inspired my xbow usage.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 03:32:58 am by Babelfish »

Offline naked_mike

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 28, 2012, 04:40:10 am »
Oh, I forgot the man simply known as John.  Always laid back, always pwnzor.

Offline wanteds

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: polelord
« Reply #127 on: July 28, 2012, 10:14:41 am »
XyNox, for teaching me how to chamber.

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #128 on: July 28, 2012, 09:08:24 pm »
Serfonz, Tor, Gurni I guess for welcoming me warmly to Nordmen when I was new ^__^
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline Akhooey

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Akhooey
« Reply #129 on: July 28, 2012, 11:30:09 pm »
-Hospitaller fiDO, for telling me about this game and helping me get started
-Baroney of cross, my idol in cRPG, Helps me practice 2H and for being really nice to me  :D
-Adrian of Cross, for being really nice to me in TS when I was new
-crispy, help me practice chambering and a really cool guy
Killer of flowers, my inspiration for going cav and a nice guy
-Killer of flowers, Adrian, baroney, and crispy are my favorite people in Cross (and are always looking for more recruits)

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,34294.0.html

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #130 on: July 29, 2012, 12:13:49 am »
(Tenne (in his melee days))

Must be thinking of someone else, I've never been pure melee, only ever an archer with 2 handed prof so I didn't have to run away all the time if I knew I could take my attacker.

However, you've all reminded me of Poul... "Back in the day", as most of you will know, he was the plated archer 2 hander sniper bloke. He inspired me to stick with medium armour and not become a plated archer 2 hander sniper bloke like the rest of the people following in his footsteps.

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Korgoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 742
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
  • I've dated girls uglier than you for Breakfast
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Korgoth
  • IRC nick: Korgoth
« Reply #131 on: July 29, 2012, 12:32:05 am »
Jesus (was this Vincenzo?): Seeing the other team panic when Jesus charged, was majestic. This inspired my own charges, later coined suicide charges. 

Jesus was Chuck Norris of the 22nd. I use to play cRPG with him back when I was in 22nd. I remember his Pike days and he always rocked the Vaegir War Mask and Sarranid Guard Armour, He was a bit like an original Chase.

Korgoth and Gabe: For preaching teamplay above suicide runs.

Yay!

Korgoth's Retextures
Korgoth's Hierloom Stall

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 29, 2012, 01:07:38 am »
Chase and original in the same sentence? :shock:
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #133 on: July 29, 2012, 01:44:14 am »
Noone inspired me :/ There were basically no spearmen when i started playing one, then there were basically no hoplites when i specced into that.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #134 on: July 29, 2012, 01:45:15 am »
Guard_Vako.

I remember when I first played in June 2010 he was very friendly and we played duels the old school mode;
Which is playing on empty battle servers at night, no health regen, etc. Hardcore stuff, I tell ya.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!