Author Topic: People who have taught/inspired you.  (Read 18930 times)

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
Re: People who have taught/inspired you.
« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2012, 09:51:42 pm »
+2
When i discovered cRPG, i decided to roll an archer.
Of course, for archery, that first build was standard, and good.

Then, i couldn't help noticing Birdman. At first, i was amazed. Dealing that much damage, being that fast, that accurate, it was a legend. Myself, never got more than 5 PD, so i definitely had the speed and the accuracy. But when retiring, you used to "keep" a % of your wpf over, increasing every generation, so i was just "frustratedly stupid", and thought it was just a high level player, high gen.
Then, i actually managed to play on par with him, thanks to how easy it was at that time to do headshots, and the few amount of cav and more STR builds tend to make it easy to flee.
After having... caught, never mastered... archery, i was happy with myself.

Then, i couldn't help noticing Chimp. He could beat me in archer duels. He always owned me in melee. It was amazing. Since then, my main has always been (except for one 2h gen) an archer/hybrid with some 1h or 2h wpf.

As for my alts, nothing particular. Craftybadger for the pikewoman (Leyla), Thomek-Lisa-Ninjas for the 2h/Thrower (Kurogane). And playing melee alts helps for playing my main, since i follow our Guard's code : Always give a good fight. Only run away if it can make you win the round, else "surrender" the bow, take out the melee weapon, and fight, honorably.

Some awesome players never taught me, nor inspired me, since i didn't like horses or was never a pro at blocking (was poor, t'was hard to make gold :( ), but i still was happy to see them in my team : TomMyY, Wookimonsta (ex-Guard), Bane, Moribund, Phazh (when he was a great 1h/shield cav. Nowadays, he's limited by his horse, and plays more strategically, so not much of an opponent), etc...

Thank you all idols. Thank you all practice targets. Thank you all players.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #91 on: July 25, 2012, 10:04:08 pm »
+1
ooo shove it up your ass xeen. i know the real you
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2012, 10:06:39 pm »
+1
i inspire myself. nobody slaps people with the pike quite like myself.

i used to think dainsters and horrible were topshelf. dainsters is around no more, and horrible is stll topshelf. good teammate as well. best polearmers around.  but since that turn nerf, no point in any shorter polearms then the longspear

oh yeah, dreadnok is the best sword and board dude, and ulfson is still the best 2hander.   ulfson makes a good teammate, and dreadnok is a solo artist.

quitefrankly, SoW is probably the best of the best in NA.

im so happy to be mentioned. slimpy is the best pikeman by far. on a serious note memento mori and shinnock. by going against them i can combat 2h better. for shielders its def dl kryser. he wasnt all about kills but being a great teammate and so much utility for being just a shielder. one of the first players that always struck fear into me was nosboh when we all played on the ats servers.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 10:20:36 pm by dreadnok »

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2012, 11:09:27 pm »
+1
The Joe was verily inspired by The Swalker. The Joe plays on his archer alt very frequently because of The Swalker's shining example.

Miss him :(
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Sable Keech

• Earl
  • Renown: 300
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I know a good rye when I see one
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Keech
« Reply #94 on: July 25, 2012, 11:59:40 pm »
+2
My Fallen brothers. Taught me from day one.  :lol:
(click to show/hide)

Offline Xeen

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #95 on: July 26, 2012, 12:59:27 am »
+1
ooo shove it up your ass xeen. i know the real you

The dark, evil Xeen that appreciates nothing and doesn't need nothin' from no-one?

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • Renown: 430
  • Infamy: 211
  • cRPG Player
  • TotallyTugBoat on Steam
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOAT CLAN
  • Game nicks: TugBOAT
« Reply #96 on: July 26, 2012, 01:00:36 am »
appreciates nothing

:( no love for tugboat

Offline Bob_Ross

• Earl
  • Renown: 394
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Church of PEPE
  • Game nicks: Pope_Thunnus_Obesus_of_PEPE Explosion_of_Tuna Sultan_Tuna_bin_Salmon
« Reply #97 on: July 26, 2012, 01:03:28 am »
+5
Ivani4. He taught me that even against impossible odds, a simple wild swing of the cleaver can get you some extra kills.
Friendship is like wetting your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth.

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 26, 2012, 01:21:33 am »
you hit the nail right on the head xeen

Offline Rextard

• Knight
  • Renown: 39
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Rextard, Rextardero, CornstablePonyGaper, CornporalCannonFodder
« Reply #99 on: July 26, 2012, 01:41:12 am »
+1
Walt-F4 way back in the day blasting people with barmace inspired me to do what I want and have fun with it.

Aderyn vaguely, Robin Longstride definitely, and Goretooth as an archer, all kinda inspired me to be dedicated archer.

Adalwulf and Uumdi and MacLeod all currently inspire me to be the archerest I can be. :)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #100 on: July 26, 2012, 01:48:13 am »
Just about everyone in The Fallen Brigade, and a select few RS members when I first started cRPG, and a few Acre members a wee bit later.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 26, 2012, 02:04:40 am »
+4
Bobthehero, he wrote a swashbuckling guide ages ago, like end 2010 or early 2011. I read that, and it seemed kinda cool, but also hard. Then finally the idea of being a swashbuckler came back to me in september 2011, but then Ujin convinced me to just get a shield. It was the only generation I didn't finish cause I couldn't bear it any longer. Did a round of polearm and 2h and finally about half a year later I did my first gen of 1h without shield. Enjoyed it a lot, but really felt like going back to polearm, my most succesfull class, then felt like playing 2h, then kinda hated 2h and felt like being a swashbuckler again.

Now I made up my mind and I'll be swashbuckler for the rest of my cRPG days. I guess Bob's guide sparked this journey 1,5 year ago.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #102 on: July 26, 2012, 02:21:59 am »
+1
These people are those who taught and inspired me or just pushed me to improve after a few humiliating duels back when I still cared.
In alphabetical order:

Babelfish/Lisa - For teaching me how a ninja is meant to duel.
Bjord - For his duelling talents and battlefield skills.
Chimp - For his excellent duelling skills. I duelled him a lot.
Paul - For his insane blocking, which I could not get past.
Phyrex - For being a better Bjord and a nicer person. ;)
Thomek - For inspiring me to choose the ninja style and for teaching me his tricks and for the awesome duels I've had with him. He along with Lisa have shaped me the most.
Weren - For teaching me the importance of personal style when playing. You gotta look good when fighting. Otherwise you might aswell not fight.
Winterfell - For his time in the ninja clan and being a great sparring partner.

There are many others, but I think these deserve a special mention. The fast duels with all the ninjas are the ones that has shaped my playstyle the most always pushing me to become faster and faster.
However, my family and friends deserve most of the credit, even in cRPG.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 02:27:25 am by Ninja_Khorin »

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #103 on: July 26, 2012, 02:36:08 am »
+2
Now I made up my mind and I'll be swashbuckler for the rest of my cRPG days. I guess Bob's guide sparked this journey 1,5 year ago.

You were a Ninja. Taking the shitstorm was part of it.. Don't run away from your masochistic identity! Now you are back to being a Ninja by almost every measure, except you are a swashbuckler. A self-nerfer. The soul is back, the method is halfway.

Babelfish/Lisa - For teaching me how a ninja is meant to duel.
Bjord - For his duelling talents and battlefield skills.
Chimp - For his excellent duelling skills. I duelled him a lot.
Paul - For his insane blocking, which I could not get past.
Phyrex - For being a better Bjord and a nicer person. ;)
Weren - For teaching me the importance of personal style when playing. You gotta look good when fighting. Otherwise you might aswell not fight.
Winterfell - For his time in the ninja clan and being a great sparring partner.

Signed. Except Bjord of course.

Yeah, must add Khorin there. For being there, when there were no others. Loyal people are extremely rare in this world. I could go to a real battle with Khorin. Respect.

Which naturally makes me want to spank winterfell in the nuts for being such a traitor! :D

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 26, 2012, 02:47:55 am »
You were a Ninja. Taking the shitstorm was part of it.. Don't run away from your masochistic identity! Now you are back to being a Ninja by almost every measure, except you are a swashbuckler. A self-nerfer. The soul is back, the method is halfway.
Alright, Thomek and Shinobi for developing the ninja style and the ninja clan for teaching me this style, of which the fun and self-nerfing characteristics ultimately found its way back in my swashbucklering.