Author Topic: Idea: score-/ranking list  (Read 1515 times)

Offline Thomas_Cadarn

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Idea: score-/ranking list
« on: July 23, 2012, 10:30:51 pm »
Hi all :-)

I will offer u a little Suggestion for cRPG that would make it more attractive i think. If there is some similar topic/idea, i am sry.
The idea is just possible if a GM, who is capable to intervene in cRPGs infrastructure, works with it.
I dont know whether its possible to realizable, i ll just present it.

So my Suggestion is...

to make a Ranking-System for cRPG which is influenced by K/D ratio, Kills, Deaths, generation, level and loomed items e.g. All this things reveal points, and these points reveal in addition the ranking position. But certainly K/D ratio and kills and deaths have to get greatest part in valuation, because a good player isnt addicted to his generation/looms ... etc , right ? :-)

I think a function like this will encourage the great community of cRPG in their aim, particulary if the best players get some game advantages (money, xp, loom, special item or something else).

All in all, this is my Suggestion :-) Tell me ur opinion, complete the idea or what else.

Glad to presented this little idea,

have fun ingame and lets see there :-)

WbR Thomas_Cadarn

Offline Wiltzu

• Sceptical
  • Duke
  • Renown: 665
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Kalmarin_Wiltzu
  • IRC nick: Wiltzu
Re: Idea: score-/ranking list
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 10:39:20 pm »
I personally don't like this idea =/.
There're already so many teamhits going on that I'm not going to be happy seeing this idea implemented as it will increase teamhits (need to have better k/d--->need to have the killing blow no matter what---->teamhits).
When in Rome, live as the Romans do; when elsewhere, live as they live elsewhere.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Kaikki on tasa-arvoisia. Toiset on vain tasa-arvoisempia kuin toiset.

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 10:57:37 pm »
I don't really like the idea but please stop seeing "tk increase" in every corner of a suggestion...

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 11:46:41 pm »
+1
Just win/loss ratio is the most representative for player skill. Also, make a clan ranking with clan win/loss ratios.

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 12:06:04 am »
Just win/loss ratio is the most representative for player skill. Also, make a clan ranking with clan win/loss ratios.

What does win/loss have to do with player skill? What if you got a good team and are a bad player or otherwise?
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 12:12:47 am »
+3
What does win/loss have to do with player skill? What if you got a good team and are a bad player or otherwise?
Then the times where you are in a bad team even that out. Not like win/loss ratio from 2 rounds, but from every round you've played. So the only constant factor in all those rounds together is going to be you. Which gives you a decent idea of how much of a gamechanging player you are. Cause skilled players make their team win.

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 02:36:30 am »
i dont get, what would be the fun in that for everyone and especially for those that play the game for fun and not for K/D whoring reasons ? those that want to look at their k/d can see the ratio on the website ... thats fine by me Oo
and btw , what should be encouraging in comparision for everyone where its clear that always one is "better" only if the other one is "worse" ?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 02:40:27 am by Micah »
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 08:34:01 am »
Cause skilled players make their team win.

Sorry, but these outstanding skilled players are very rare. You may be one of them, but >90% out there are not and don't have such a huge impact on the team to win a round (including myself). So this only benefits the really best players, all others are left out. Esp. if you and your clan are rolling a server you mostly win every round. How does that reflect any skill of a single player?
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2012, 08:40:48 am »
If this filthy archer wants to brag with his 18-0 scores that he gets on a regular basis just let him be, at least they won't be able to cry afterwards how poor archers are too weak. Same goes for zillions of crossbows out there, its the same old Call of Duty - Medieval Warfare only without the roof camping. Bows & Crossbows play & enjoy the game while the rest just avoid projectiles and hide behind walls.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline deathbringer521

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Black guard
  • Game nicks: BG_MarkusMilo, BG_MiloMarkus
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2012, 08:47:14 am »
yes, 100 times yes. we need skill distribution on servers, I came here to suggest exactly this.
..                 /|
                  / |              /| fuuuuuuu i cant finish it
{:]EEEEEEE|  |XXXXXX|_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_>
                  \ |              \|

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2012, 08:47:33 am »
[...] Cause skilled players make their team win.
Wrong!
Actually the team with the most sign of teamplay wins the round. Just having Chase in the team doesn't guarantee a win if everyone is just spreading out and doing their own thing.
And a fucked up idea and attitude of/to the game like the above spoils a lot of fun that could be had on top of the normal crpg gameplay...

Thought you were better than this Teeth but seems you're just another elitist snob after all. Guess that's the Byzantium way then, eh?
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline deathbringer521

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2012, 08:49:23 am »
If this filthy archer wants to brag with his 18-0 scores that he gets on a regular basis just let him be, at least they won't be able to cry afterwards how poor archers are too weak. Same goes for zillions of crossbows out there, its the same old Call of Duty - Medieval Warfare only without the roof camping. Bows & Crossbows play & enjoy the game while the rest just avoid projectiles and hide behind walls.
bows are actually really inaccurate, and crossbows are weaksauce in my opinion. you forgot to mention throwing, you know throwing? yeah its that thing that can insta kill with 1 hit, and can be spammed to no end. other then throwing ranged is pretty K.
..                 /|
                  \ |              \|

Offline deathbringer521

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2012, 08:50:46 am »

Actually the team with the most sign of teamplay wins the round. Just having Chase in the team doesn't guarantee a win if everyone is just spreading out and doing their own thing.
And a fucked up idea and attitude of/to the game like the above spoils a lot of fun that could be had on top of the normal crpg gameplay...

Thought you were better than this Teeth but seems you're just another elitist snob after all. Guess that's the Byzantium way then, eh?
[/quote]
I disagree, ive seen players 5v1 and still come out of the fight alive. Skilled players do really get the win.
..                 /|
                  \ |              \|

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2012, 08:51:56 am »
+1
bows are actually really inaccurate, and crossbows are weaksauce in my opinion. you forgot to mention throwing, you know throwing? yeah its that thing that can insta kill with 1 hit, and can be spammed to no end. other then throwing ranged is pretty K.

(click to show/hide)
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2012, 08:52:15 am »
I disagree, ive seen players 5v1 and still come out of the fight alive. Skilled players do really get the win.
Yea, once every 5 maps that happens...

Besides, who killed the other 40 people before that?
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.