Author Topic: What was the reasoning behind the peasant start?  (Read 4212 times)

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
Re: What was the reasoning behind the peasant start?
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2012, 07:47:51 pm »
+1
What you like is very different to what I like it seems. Being useless until lvl 27, which I suspect its a long time, doesn't sound like fun, it sounds masochistic.

The useless period reduces with skill.

New and/or bad players are useless even at 30
Decent players are useless until around 26
Good players are useless until around 18
Very good players are useless until around 12
The best players are useless ......never, not even at lvl 1 LOL

It takes like 1 short night of gaming and an average multiplier to get from 1 to like 15+ so its not a big deal really.a
Get through it once, and if you don't like it, don't retire much!

----

I keep my main at full level (32.5 now)
And I level alts in the background for loom points.

That way if I get bored of being lvl 18 I hop on my lvl 32 :)
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • BOAT OF ANGER FLOATING ON THE SEA OF TEARS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Felipe
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2012, 08:11:26 pm »
+3
On siege everyone can be usefull even at lvl 1. Cause you need no skill to open a gate or deploy a ladder. Also standing next to the flag doesn't require any skill as well. Or luring away kill-hungry enemies from the flag.. there are many things you can do which don't involve fighting.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2012, 08:22:54 pm »
just another reason to bring back ladders on siege, so peasants can contribute without having to get kills.  I used to be the bomb siege master ladder thrower and would be the difference my team needed to win

#1 NA 1h cav, hybrid thrower, & ladder thrower

Offline Vengt037

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE47rDVh3c0
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vengt_The_Horsethief, Glorefindel, Vanderkaum
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2012, 08:43:06 pm »
Play rageball. You will constantly respawn and get lots of practice fighting lightly armed / armored opponents. Plus the maps are cool and we now have a server in NA.

"Vengt, you are like my favorite player in CRPG."
- BlackWhite

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2012, 08:58:57 pm »
But I do want to level, but I don't want it to be so absurd in its start requirements. I don't see the fun in getting killed with no chance all the time. What's the point in playing in that case? I just want a small fighting chance, not being and not intending to be an expert in duels using sticks and stones.

Every time I retire I'm useful at level 1 with a pitch fork.  I run into battle with the goal of stopping enemy horses (rearing them) and poking at enemies to help my teammates kill them (stunning them with the hit).  I also will stand next to an archer to help with cav support, and to be their meat shield.

By level 15 or so I'm useful as a ground troop.  And at level 25 I'm a weaker version of my final build, so I'm able to be useful, although everything just takes more hits to kill.  I can get to level 25 in one night of playing.  So you think playing for one or two nights is too much work?  Maybe c-rpg isn't for you then?

- Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2012, 09:53:51 pm »
Seriously, the first few level its very very annoying. Who had this idea to make such a horrible start? I don't have the patience to go on and see if the next levels start to get better, and as a new player I am about to just quit the mod. I have absolutely no chance against anybody, and I am getting killed in one shot, and having stones as ranged weapon and no shield, its insulting honestly.

it sucks, yeah, best thing you can do is be as big a distraction as you can, rear as many horses as possible with the trident, and stab as many people in the back as possible with polearms (1wpf) to begin with ;). Get to ~~ 12 AGI for the 4 ath (if your build allows it), and with peasant clothes you'll be able to out run all the tin cans, combined with having some form of polearm, you can become useful by ~~ level 7 or 8.

Side note, i once saw a friend of mine go 3-1 at level 1 ;). 2H wooden sword ftw.
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2012, 09:57:14 pm »
Play native if you dont want to be a peasant.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2012, 09:58:20 pm »
+1
Every time I retire I'm useful at level 1 with a pitch fork.  I run into battle with the goal of stopping enemy horses (rearing them) and poking at enemies to help my teammates kill them (stunning them with the hit).  I also will stand next to an archer to help with cav support, and to be their meat shield.

By level 15 or so I'm useful as a ground troop.  And at level 25 I'm a weaker version of my final build, so I'm able to be useful, although everything just takes more hits to kill.  I can get to level 25 in one night of playing.  So you think playing for one or two nights is too much work?  Maybe c-rpg isn't for you then?
*cough* shitposter *cough*, nice repeating what's already been said 'cept not giving any advice as many others have done and just told him that he should probably stop playing and just give up and then adding a stupid picture.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2012, 10:37:31 pm »
...i did give advice, if he wants to emulate me and get a pitch fork at level 1, he can be useful.  I was simply stating how I am able to be useful, and giving my experience.  I wasn't aware if someone said something similar you can't post in the same thread, if that was the case then 95% of the forums are shit posters.

Here's my hard advice:  start out going for strength first, and get to about 12 strength, then max your agility, and then go back to strength.  If I go agility first, yes, you can out run everyone, but 1 power strike is super super super weak and you glance a lot.  I start getting kills a lot sooner if I go for STR before Agility.  At 1 athletics you can still stay relatively close to the main group, especially the high strength tin-cans that you could be helping support.

Also try hopping in a clan's teamspeak if you're new, there's so much that you don't even know to ask about that they will be able to help explain to you.  I had my bro teaching me how to play (and he was a veteran when I got into this mod) and it was still a very long learning process for me, I can't imagine if I didn't have anyone to constantly ask questions to.

Faction halls: http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/board,7.0.html

Suck it fatty (zilch)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 10:41:51 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2012, 11:13:59 pm »
Thank you, I will try EU_5 then and see how it goes.

Try it, you even level faster there as the multiplier is increased by 1.5x
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Formless

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2012, 05:27:03 am »
I don't know why leveling is in the game at all, I don't enjoy it and don't see the need for it.

Totally agree, I don't see a need for it either. 
“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” - Bruce Lee

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2012, 05:03:23 pm »
+1
Well, that's kinda your fault for leveling that way. You only need 9 str and a mace to start getting a good amount of kills as a shielder. After doing a million gens as a shielder, I've always found it's better to level up evenly, starting with agi first. Athletics is the most important stat for a shielder.

This kinda even for me as a 2h.

I usually get my 10 str so I can use my MW longsword again, then the kills start coming in again :)
After that I go agi until i get to like 15 agi so I can have 5 Ath and such, then back to str, etc....
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2012, 05:23:44 pm »
+2
Man, i LIKE being a peasant.  Its such a rare and precious time of life.  Warriors grow up too fast these days.

I like wearing rags, poking knights with a pitchfork, and throwing stones off castle walls in siege.  I like running around, running away, blocking for my fucking life, and typing in all caps "I'M A PEASANT!" and "HELP! I'M BEING OPPRESSED!"

It only lasts a couple hours...its fun and funny.  Don't grow up too fast man...it will be a long time before you get to be a peasant again.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2012, 10:06:34 am »
+1
The reason is so that filthy peasants no there place. And when I come stomping through covered head to toe in gleaming plate with horse wrapped in the finest armour and cut your head off you have something to aspire to.

Just remember not to dirty my sword too much with your damned peasant blood. If only you people would stay in the fields where you belong.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(