Author Topic: What was the reasoning behind the peasant start?  (Read 4213 times)

Offline dreamer2008

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
What was the reasoning behind the peasant start?
« on: July 21, 2012, 03:02:15 pm »

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Re: What was the reasoning behind the peasant start?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 03:04:25 pm »
+11
If you're new and you can't block you're still gonna suck once you ain't a peasant, the peasant start is pretty fucking fun, and after level 12 you can already start doing good if you're a decent player with a decent build and a decent weapon.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline NuberT

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: NuberT_HRE
  • IRC nick: NuberT_HRE
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 03:14:52 pm »
+8
and theres the skip the fun option, in case you dont want to level at all!

Offline dreamer2008

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 03:18:39 pm »
But I do want to level, but I don't want it to be so absurd in its start requirements. I don't see the fun in getting killed with no chance all the time. What's the point in playing in that case? I just want a small fighting chance, not being and not intending to be an expert in duels using sticks and stones.

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 03:21:10 pm »
+1
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again."   Hickson, William E.

^ hard way to learn but once you start raping it feels a lot better :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 04:03:37 pm »
Seriously, the first few level its very very annoying. Who had this idea to make such a horrible start? I don't have the patience to go on and see if the next levels start to get better, and as a new player I am about to just quit the mod. I have absolutely no chance against anybody, and I am getting killed in one shot, and having stones as ranged weapon and no shield, its insulting honestly.

what would you say if i told you that i starded as peasant 13 times?
Don't know why you bich so much,u are usless until you get to lvl 27,and getting from lvl 1 to 20 is very easy.

Offline dreamer2008

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 04:15:07 pm »
+1
What you like is very different to what I like it seems. Being useless until lvl 27, which I suspect its a long time, doesn't sound like fun, it sounds masochistic.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 04:31:41 pm »
+4
what would you say if i told you that i starded as peasant 13 times?
Don't know why you bich so much,u are usless until you get to lvl 27,and getting from lvl 1 to 20 is very easy.
You're wrong, me beating you on my level 12 alt that one time should prove it  :P, as long as you go pure STR at low levels you'll be fine.
I'd say with a none pure-str melee build level 21 is mostly when you start being effective, and dreamer, there is a low level server around so that peasant can fight other peasants with rocks and sickles without some level 35 kuyak my old friends gayswording.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2012, 04:38:32 pm »
Please explain me how can my 1h shielder char can be effective in combat?
Currently i am lvl 20,and i have 21 str,7 ps,and 3 athl.
I need 5 athl min to not get spammed every time and to not be ranged practice target.
Since i have 9 agi now,i need 6 more lvl to be able to fight properly.

Don't bother with 20lvl max server,it is infested with HA,so one guy will have 100 arrows and he will avoid fight and shoot your team to pices alone.
No way you can win.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2012, 04:48:43 pm »
I need 5 athl min to not get spammed every time and to not be ranged practice target.

Don't bother with 20lvl max server,it is infested with HA,so one guy will have 100 arrows and he will avoid fight and shoot your team to pices alone.
No way you can win.
That's the issue, you're a shielder, play something op like 2h and you'll do fine, and, I'm playing a 1h cloth alt with only 7 ps and 3 ath and I don't feel up, 1h is also the weakest melee class anyway, and on maxlvl 20 there is only 1 ha atm, me, and plenty of ground ranged sidearms (stones, xbows, axes) like 4 guys to take me down.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 05:02:21 pm by Zlisch_The_Butcher »

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2012, 04:50:35 pm »
+7
I don't know why leveling is in the game at all, I don't enjoy it and don't see the need for it. Still, peasant stage is easily bearable when you just change your goals. Don't expect to be topping the scoreboard.

When I started playing I wasn't ever going to be able to compete. I played for an entire month, and believe me, I played a lot when I first started, and I was still at an enormous disadvantage. I just got myself a shield, stuck with the good players, got myself a pike and spent most of my rounds watching for the big tanky plated chargers running around. It was very rewarding to see your team kill the top scorer on the enemy team, because of me stopping the horse.

Now the entire system has changed, it takes about 3-4 hours to reach level 20, which makes you quite able to compete. There is even a  below lvl 20 server, where you can fight players who have a similar level and get 1.5x the xp you regularly get. Just focus on supporting your teammates. Most people can have fun without killing, you know. You are not useless at any level.

Hell, you can even skip the fun and be instant lvl 30 if its such a big deal to you.

Offline dreamer2008

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2012, 04:53:23 pm »
There is even a  below lvl 20 server, where you can fight players who have a similar level and get 1.5x the xp you regularly get.

This bellow lvl 20 server sounds good. Which one is it? And what are HA?

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2012, 04:58:27 pm »
+1

No way you can win.

Well, that's kinda your fault for leveling that way. You only need 9 str and a mace to start getting a good amount of kills as a shielder. After doing a million gens as a shielder, I've always found it's better to level up evenly, starting with agi first. Athletics is the most important stat for a shielder.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2012, 04:59:12 pm »
+1
This bellow lvl 20 server sounds good. Which one is it? And what are HA?
HA=Horse Archers, bellow lvl 20 server is EU_5, if you're NA you can probably still perform decently there though.

Offline dreamer2008

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2012, 05:08:19 pm »
+2
Thank you, I will try EU_5 then and see how it goes.