Poll

The question is simple. A cultural mishmash of players spread across 5 small servers babbling incoherently or a nazi-like regime of uncontrollable admins?

EU cRPG 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, etc.
90 (36.1%)
cRPG North America / cRPG NA
159 (63.9%)

Total Members Voted: 249

Voting closed: April 19, 2011, 06:07:51 am

Author Topic: NA or EU? Who's better?  (Read 9021 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: NA or EU? Who's better?
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2011, 09:58:59 pm »
Also, I just played on EU 2, and apparently its retarded tuesday, which is what the players told me, not something I invented. Everyone wears plate and rides horses, SOMEONE GOT SOME SPLAININ TO DO!!!! Wheres da skill in dat!?!??!

Coming from the guy who uses Milanese plate, a man cleaver, a winged helm and rides on a Cataphract?!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2011, 10:02:14 pm »
EU as a whole has got more players, so theoretically speaking EU has more skill, which is my personal opinion too.

And Nindur: You don't even know how to ride a friggin horse probably, trollololol.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Bothersome_Aldryk

• Baron
  • Renown: 124
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2011, 10:03:27 pm »
He hasn't been doing that build in quite a while. Of course for quite a while he was a thrower in heavy armor... But either way, Ninderp has le skills. He just chooses not to use them sometimes. This is why he is Ninderp.

Offline Nindur

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northern Empire Rebellion
  • Game nicks: N1nd3r9
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2011, 10:21:42 pm »
derp.

My mama always told me a gold trollin thins the blood! Today is troll day in my workout, tommorow is nice day/triceps :D:D:

Chilllllll Im just effein with you guyz
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 10:23:21 pm by Nindur »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2011, 10:59:20 pm »
+1 kudos, that actaully sounds like a great way to improve fighting skill but also learn tactics that work and don't work.  Really like the idea of watching good fighters and improving your own style of play from observation, hadn't really done the team tactic observation a try yet though, probably will now.  It would be cool if you got the chance to sit in on teamchat while you did so and see some of the background coordiantion.  By the way what do you thinka re the strengths and weaknesses of the Fallen?, I know they are a little more EU based, but I always like watching Fallen_Loki coordinating really well with Fallen_Manhammer on siege.

I have had the chance to sit in other teamchats for three other clans, not counting my own. It would be nice if I could manage to somehow sit in other team chats as well, but I doubt it as other clans are generally uncooperative in allowing "outsiders" to sit in for a bit, especially since I am a "Fallen bundle of sticks" as numerous clans enjoy calling me, bless their souls for that bit of endearment. I would love to sit in with more.

I think a great deal many things of the strengths and weaknesses of the Fallen, and certainly agree that we are EU based primarily, though of course we do have a concrete version on the NA side for a Fallen Archer Death Squad (Of course, it is smaller then the EU version and comes into play at different times).

It may sound geeky but I do enjoy creating mental playbooks so to speak of the various other clans, as it certainly helps keep me alive longer at least in Battle (Though I noticed that some clans have completely different mentalities on Seige). It also helped me start to predict the date rape team when I observed them for a bit and noticed the places they rarely rode into... Pity they stopped played cav, it was an amazing challenge to keep alive with them playing at the same time.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 11:05:02 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2011, 11:46:39 pm »
I'm gonna second the BR nomination.

Offline Opium.dk

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen Of Fenada
  • Game nicks: Opiumdk
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2011, 06:25:47 am »
Playing on NA feels like all of them are Kapikulus, retarded spam and team damage all over the place.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Nindur

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2011, 12:53:26 pm »
Give me screenshots so I can ban them all!!! I told everyone on NA that they must play like pros until this poll is over, if they are disobeying me I will show them the error of their ways

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2011, 04:14:51 pm »
Give me screenshots so I can ban them all!!! I told everyone on NA that they must play like pros until this poll is over, if they are disobeying me I will show them the error of their ways

It'll fill your ban quota for the next 3 years
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2011, 04:18:12 pm »
If this were a poll to nominate the worst, I'd nominate Siege despite it not being on the list. Siege seems to be No Block Only Hit, the Gamemode. I feel like a cheater when I manually block in siege, because almost no one seems to, EU or NA.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 04:19:31 pm by Bothersome_Aldryk »

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2011, 04:27:51 pm »
If this were a poll to nominate the worst, I'd nominate Siege despite it not being on the list. Siege seems to be No Block Only Hit, the Gamemode. I feel like a cheater when I manually block in siege, because almost no one seems to, EU or NA.

Not true! Occitan, Chaos, ATS and the capable randoms fight on the siege too! It's a lot of fun playing with capable fighters on siege.

It's like Dynasty Warriors : Warband. You plow through the serfs and peasants, then walk up to the boss(es) and duke it out with them!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2011, 06:37:03 pm »
Coming from England I play EU servers mainly, if I am up late sometimes I play on NA servers and generally have a good experience on those barring alot of chat rage sometimes. NA siege though, I don't know what happened to it as it used to be fine, but I played on it again last night and half of the players just spammed side swings at enemies who were on the OTHER SIDE of a team mate.

I lost count of how many times I was slashed in the back when I was simply standing on the spot or moving within a 1 metre square, also see many team mates run into a group of other team mates who were killing an enemy, spamming sideswings and wounding them all and not even touching the enemy.

Overall I'd of course have to go with EU, I seem to come across less side swing spamming team wounding players and more players who actually play for the team, rather than themself. I also feel the level of skill is higher on EU in general, I come across far more hard fights on EU servers than I do on NA, but that is most likely down to the fact there are just more EU players thus there is generally alot more highly skilled players. I also saw more chat rage on the NA Battle server last night than I have seen on the EU servers in a whole week, probably two.

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2011, 07:06:41 pm »
Who's better? Me, obviously.

Offline Nindur

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2011, 07:44:03 pm »
Coming from the guy who uses Milanese plate, a man cleaver, a winged helm and rides on a Cataphract?!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!

I resent this statement!! My horse is only loomed once, and I don't use Milanese I only use double loomed churburg! Also I use the sallet not the winged great helm, and my military cleaver is only loomed 3 times!!

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2011, 08:04:38 pm »
Coming from England I play EU servers mainly, if I am up late sometimes I play on NA servers and generally have a good experience on those barring alot of chat rage sometimes. NA siege though, I don't know what happened to it as it used to be fine, but I played on it again last night and half of the players just spammed side swings at enemies who were on the OTHER SIDE of a team mate.

I lost count of how many times I was slashed in the back when I was simply standing on the spot or moving within a 1 metre square, also see many team mates run into a group of other team mates who were killing an enemy, spamming sideswings and wounding them all and not even touching the enemy.

Overall I'd of course have to go with EU, I seem to come across less side swing spamming team wounding players and more players who actually play for the team, rather than themself. I also feel the level of skill is higher on EU in general, I come across far more hard fights on EU servers than I do on NA, but that is most likely down to the fact there are just more EU players thus there is generally alot more highly skilled players. I also saw more chat rage on the NA Battle server last night than I have seen on the EU servers in a whole week, probably two.
Have to disagree, there is no shortage of ff from melee, retardo cav, missiles in eu.

On the plus side, it seems larger maps makes it easier to find someone willing to melee.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog