Poll

The question is simple. A cultural mishmash of players spread across 5 small servers babbling incoherently or a nazi-like regime of uncontrollable admins?

EU cRPG 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, etc.
90 (36.1%)
cRPG North America / cRPG NA
159 (63.9%)

Total Members Voted: 249

Voting closed: April 19, 2011, 06:07:51 am

Author Topic: NA or EU? Who's better?  (Read 9011 times)

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
Re: NA or EU? Who's better?
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2011, 01:52:25 pm »
the only difference i spotted is people raging about archers (especialy those that play it smart) way more on NA than on EU (and when i say raging, i mean really RAGING - votekick polls, constant bitching in chat, teamwounding...).
yup, indeed. just had another incident on NA that got us both kicked  - the griefer and me, since meanwhile I am so sick of it that I turn round and kill the bastard if they keep kicking me or throw shit in my back while I try to shoot enemies...
About the bitching in chat: some of the heroes and hefty wannabe-generals are muted when I play. Only DocHorrible is allowed to bitch, since "she" usually makes sense at least and I kinda like "her" ;-) 
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2011, 02:06:30 pm »
I only play EU, don't know about NA, but I always hear that there are way more trolls than here, also, most complaints were heard from NA imo.

I voted EU.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2011, 02:13:17 pm »
There are indeed a decent amount of assholes on NA, though I stopped playing on EU when NA servers came out, so I cannot say which is better

also thanks Kesh for the compliment
Just a soldier

Offline La Makina

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Dedicated siege tower pusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2011, 03:06:43 pm »
NA is better. On EU we have the Turks (Kapikulu). Some players have some skill, but I'm not going near any of them in battles or sieges. I always get teamhit/killed when I do.

LOL, so true. They seem to be eager to steal your frag. They are also the only clan who tried to poll ban me for an accidental TK of one of their member (notwithstanding my apologizes). I don't take it bad but it is the pot calling the kettle black.  :D

Back on topic: I went once soft leeching on a NA siege (i.e. fighting casual, just enough to not piss the admin off, I know it is bad). I ended up second of the scoreboard (just below the barmace munchkin guy). The US are all about guns but when it comes to melee fights...  :wink:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 09:15:56 am by La Makina »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2011, 04:48:52 pm »
No offense Tears, but are you infatuated with BKS??  A lot of your recent posts have been constantly praising them, I don't see them being a noticeably better clan.  Right now the clans most consistently winning on banner balance are usually Chaos, BRD/Cavalieres(FCC), ATS, and Occitan, where most of the clan members are often at the top of the charts in banner balanced fights, haven't really seen the same consistency yet with BKS, could be they are a small clan or just haven't made enough of a presence yet being so new from native, I don't know.

Anyway, on topic, there is no way to ever test this till a server is place in the middle of the atlantic.  I have played on both a lot and they both have general patterns of strengths and weaknesses that could be better or worse under different battle and siege conditions.  No way to see a real clear winner.

Actually I have been mentioning them because 1 they are well known and 2 to infuriate three people who know me. Occitan is a very good clan, I agree on that, as for chaos while they are extremely skilled they are shit for large scale team work, though extremely skilled, like BKS I suppose but without the excuse that BKS is small where as Chaos is large enough they should be practicing large scale tactics instead of wandering around in micro clusters or like a Celtic horde. ATS is also a good mention yes.

Notice that every few weeks I rotate through the clans I mention, a bit ago it was BRD and before that it was members of Chaos/RS and I think I went through a phase of talking about Acre. This is due to me spectating clans for a week or two before moving on, to see what the sense of team play, skills, and composition is.

As for the NA raging more about range, I do think that they are blooming Silly for that, as the EU has significantly more range ( though less throwing) and they complain much less.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 04:56:43 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2011, 04:57:54 pm »
Voted EU.

Having played on both European servers and North American servers;

I like the NA skill set better. EU, for the most part, is like mining for gems. You come across a lot of pretty awful combatants, but then you run into the occasional *very* skilled fighter. The skill difference is really wide. Either you're cannon fodder, or a flippin' hero. NA is more consistent, and has a broader average. I find that most combatants are capable, but not many reach the level of skill that the power players in EU do.

However, as much as I like the fighting in NA, I definitely prefer the EU community. It's not so strict with their servers, meaning that people can actually have fun if they want. Administrators only come into play when it gets out of hand, the way it should be. EU doesn't get kick crazy admins jumping on and booting waves of people when the server isn't even half full (because that's CLEARLY the way to seed a server; by clearing it out).

Despite the poll spam on the EU servers, I'm alright with that, because the community is friendlier and generally more accepting, as are the admins. Skill set might be more spread out between great fighters and the not-so-great guys. But they're friendly, making it definitely a better environment to play in.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2011, 06:35:35 pm »
Dextaa voted EU cos he loves me.

I voted EU cos of Tommys Sister, sorry Dex.
Turtles

Offline serpus

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2011, 06:56:29 pm »
EU has good admins, NA does not.

NA has LLJK, EU does not.

Offline Nindur

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northern Empire Rebellion
  • Game nicks: N1nd3r9
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2011, 07:30:29 pm »
I don't think hate mongering threads should be allowed, maybe I can go make a thread titled who is stronger/better/faster Germans or the French?

Really though, what a broad, open-ended question. Rephrase it to be more specific.

If you want to give back to the community and make a positive contribution, make a thhread title "similarities between the NA and eu servers" or "ways to improve the na or eu servers".

Thanks for the completely useless troll thread that has brought nothing positive in any way, shape or form to the community.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2011, 07:35:16 pm »
Actually I have been mentioning them because 1 they are well known and 2 to infuriate three people who know me. Occitan is a very good clan, I agree on that, as for chaos while they are extremely skilled they are shit for large scale team work, though extremely skilled, like BKS I suppose but without the excuse that BKS is small where as Chaos is large enough they should be practicing large scale tactics instead of wandering around in micro clusters or like a Celtic horde. ATS is also a good mention yes.

Notice that every few weeks I rotate through the clans I mention, a bit ago it was BRD and before that it was members of Chaos/RS and I think I went through a phase of talking about Acre. This is due to me spectating clans for a week or two before moving on, to see what the sense of team play, skills, and composition is.

As for the NA raging more about range, I do think that they are blooming Silly for that, as the EU has significantly more range ( though less throwing) and they complain much less.

+1 kudos, that actaully sounds like a great way to improve fighting skill but also learn tactics that work and don't work.  Really like the idea of watching good fighters and improving your own style of play from observation, hadn't really done the team tactic observation a try yet though, probably will now.  It would be cool if you got the chance to sit in on teamchat while you did so and see some of the background coordiantion.  By the way what do you thinka re the strengths and weaknesses of the Fallen?, I know they are a little more EU based, but I always like watching Fallen_Loki coordinating really well with Fallen_Manhammer on siege.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 07:37:37 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Nogar

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nogar, Aethril, Devorath
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2011, 07:41:30 pm »
BR

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2011, 07:55:17 pm »
Admins are far better on Eu servers, the little time I've played on NA servers before being perm banned for arguing with a hypocritical admin proved to me that most of my deaths were from throwing weapons and archers and I died from melee less on NA server than EU ones. I noticed far higher numbers of archers on NA servers than EU servers also. I rarely bumped into any skilled players on NA servers, on EU servers many skilled players use light armour and suprise you, because they look like peasants, on NA server people who look like peasants generally are peasants and the good players tend to wear heavier armour most of the time, especially ones who become infamous/well known by the servers community for having a high score.

Alot more shit talking goes on the NA servers but if it doesn't meet admin approval expect a perm ban.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 07:54:39 am by Murmillus_Prime »
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Nindur

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2011, 09:47:58 pm »
Admins are far better on Eu servers, the little time I've played on NA servers before being perm banned for arguing with a hypocritical admin proved to me that most of my deaths were from throwing weapons and archers and I died from melee less on NA server than EU ones. I noticed far higher numbers of archers on NA servers than EU servers also. I rarely bumped into any skilled players on NA servers, on EU servers many skilled players use light armour and suprise you, because they look like peasants, on NA server people who look like peasants generally are peasants and the good players tend to wear heavier armour most of the time, especially ones who become infamous/well known by the servers community for having a high score.

Alot more shit talking goes on the NA servers but if it doesn't meet admin aproval expect a perm ban.

I agree with everything this guy says ^^^^^^^

Offline Nindur

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2011, 09:57:50 pm »
Also, I just played on EU 2, and apparently its retarded tuesday, which is what the players told me, not something I invented. Everyone wears plate and rides horses, SOMEONE GOT SOME SPLAININ TO DO!!!! Wheres da skill in dat!?!??!

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2011, 09:58:49 pm »
eu:
more maps that natuarally lead to static defense,
some older versions of maps (i.e. village) with what I think are inferior spawns
trash talk seems more good natured, if present, as most seem to intent on killing other team to have time to troll.
more HA, more squirrels, almost always ladders and seige shields

na:
more tension
some nicer maps
people I know
better ping less packet loss

Not seeing a change in the amount of stupid team wounding in battle, still get slashed, which happens, or as common, hero archer/thrower/ cav bumped in either place.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog