Poll

The question is simple. A cultural mishmash of players spread across 5 small servers babbling incoherently or a nazi-like regime of uncontrollable admins?

EU cRPG 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, etc.
90 (36.1%)
cRPG North America / cRPG NA
159 (63.9%)

Total Members Voted: 249

Voting closed: April 19, 2011, 06:07:51 am

Author Topic: NA or EU? Who's better?  (Read 9013 times)

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
Re: NA or EU? Who's better?
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2011, 10:41:38 am »
I do think though that the NA servers win the award for "Highest number of egotistical players," they do have more of those then EU, certainly.

Not sure about who does all these "hall of fame", "who is better", "who is best archer/xbower/etc" threads most, americans or europeans ? Probably EU, right ?  :wink:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rhade

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BkS_Rhade
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2011, 10:47:13 am »
Not trying to be mean, man.  Just being honest, I really havent noticed you guys on the servers.  You are welcome to do clan battles with equal number of fighters, its been done before, quite fun, usually first team to 3 wins.  Not a bad way to get your name out there and get some recognition.  I was kind of curious about your page length write-up on goretooth, seems like you haven't been playing very long and already have massive critiques of administrators from your limited experience and are being cocky about your clan's skills, might want to show some humility, goes a long way to getting respect as a confident, competent fighter, maybe take a cue from some great but humble fighters like oberyn, manofwar and cyranule.

I know Goretooth just fine, and took everything I needed to know from the fact at hand. Opinions aren't important when there are facts aplenty to be had. I am humble, but I'm also honest, and when you've never in your clan's long history lost a single scrim or match and you win 99% of the duel tournaments you enter, I think that it's safe to give your honest opinion that your clan is pretty good.

I'm really not looking to make this into a BkS thread, but you saying "hey man they aren't that good" just because you haven't seen us much doesn't say a lot when a lot of people have. I don't see why you jump on someone for giving their opinion.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 10:50:21 am by Rhade »

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2011, 10:53:53 am »
BkS are pretty decent players, I just don't think you are as special as you think here in Crpg. In native you certainly do your NA Native stuff well.
You guys are certainly skilled in duels. I haven't seen any teamwork though. You fit perfectly in with everyone else in NA :).
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Rhade

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2011, 10:55:12 am »
BkS are pretty decent players, I just don't think you are as special as you think here in Crpg. In native you certainly do your NA Native stuff well.
You guys are certainly skilled in duels. I haven't seen any teamwork though. You fit perfectly in with everyone else in NA :).

We don't do RP shieldwalls or shit like that, but we get shit done just fine together, actually.

"Teamwork" isn't just getting in vent and saying "CAVALRY FLANK LEFT, FORM A SHIELD WALL." etc etc. We play very well together and our cohesion is extremely efficient.

Don't you play on EU servers, anyway?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 11:01:49 am by Rhade »

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2011, 11:01:29 am »
We don't do RP shieldwalls or shit like that, but we get shit done just fine together, actually.

"Teamwork" isn't just getting in vent and saying "CAVALRY FLANK LEFT, FORM A SHIELD WALL." etc etc. We play very well together and our cohesion is extremely efficient.
I said nothing about forming shield walls and such. They are good in certain scenarios though. I'd actually like to play with you guys some time.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Rhade

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2011, 11:04:03 am »
tbh, I like EU's admin system 100% better.

Our servers feel like the Third Reich, and there's not a damn thing we can do about it besides watch the admins abuse their power. Even if it's blatantly obvious and we post about it, nothing happens whatsoever.

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2011, 11:26:00 am »
15v15 sounds good to me.

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2011, 11:30:28 am »
i've played on na only twice (and thats before patch 0.2) so i cant really judge

Offline Leiknir

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: Leiknir
  • IRC nick: Leiknir
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2011, 12:06:26 pm »
I don't know why, but the NA community feels "younger", leading to more stupid discussions on the server and more general asshattery leading to even angrier admins. Maybe it's because even though eu guys are the same age, most eu-kiddies can't speak english yet and keep silent.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2011, 12:15:09 pm »
Haha, that sure helps :D

But on-topic, EU > NA. By far.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2011, 12:28:14 pm »
NA is better. On EU we have the Turks (Kapikulu). Some players have some skill, but I'm not going near any of them in battles or sieges. I always get teamhit/killed when I do.

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2011, 01:03:21 pm »
Aussie is best.

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2011, 01:15:00 pm »
Oh and if some rich person like that exists, just put the money to hosting quality less leggy servers :(. I can't play NA servers past 60-70 players since they get so laggy, both in server lag and the ping rising tons.

Not going into the general flaming of this thread at all, but technically the EU servers indeed SEEM to be better.
I have terrible ping on both, since I live in Paraguay (220-280 on NA siege, about 50-80 MORE on EU Siege servers), but usually experience less lag on EU servers despite of my higher ping there.

So it would be cool, if someone could analyze what the issues are, post detailed and clear specs (technically and financially) of what we would need to improve the situation, and then take action. I am not rich, but would happily donate a few bucks per month to get a faster server.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 01:41:35 pm by Hirlok »
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2011, 01:33:17 pm »
the only difference i spotted is people raging about archers (especialy those that play it smart) way more on NA than on EU (and when i say raging, i mean really RAGING - votekick polls, constant bitching in chat, teamwounding...).
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2011, 01:51:50 pm »
And one more who got the biggest e-peen thread...