Author Topic: Jelbegi Castle  (Read 7275 times)

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
Re: Jelbegi Castle
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2012, 03:39:06 pm »
in haringoth castle it was kapikulu also they did nothing , they put nearly 60 ladders on the top of castle , it was even not possible to put ladder by us but we managed to kill them

They were fighting though, I was there, they had an archer shooting, he killed a few people, therefore they were not leeching
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Cicero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 418
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • scourge of god
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: BashiBazouks_Cicero
  • IRC nick: Cicero
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2012, 03:43:59 pm »
They were fighting though, I was there, they had an archer shooting, he killed a few people, therefore they were not leeching
Nope last night those people were trying to kill with their shitty equip also , if u cant gonna understand that both of them equal its pointless to argue with you

So all of you now remembered that castle siege , lets see who was admin in defender side ?

Merc_Blueberrymuffin , i am so fuckin suprised . Its funny when u had an issue its always right but others are just excuse =)) or ))

Offline Blueberry Muffin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 749
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2012, 03:50:52 pm »
+1
I left that battle 20mins before end cicero, as I recall. If you had contacted an admin or irc, you could have resolved the matter.
Lizard_Man: Fuck all that! Rather buy me 4 cans of Stella..
Cymro: Wife beater stella
Lizard_Man: It'll get ya drunk! You'll be fucking fat girls in no time! You might even fight a nigga or two! Mmmm-mmm, bitch!

Offline Cicero

• Duke
  • scourge of god
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2012, 03:53:23 pm »
Well i remember as u left after they were delaying like the half of the defenders but if you say so alright , its not about you or mercs i don't want double standarts

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2012, 04:10:10 pm »
+1
Ok for the last time

We weren't out of ladders we had 500+ siege ladders and still a ready construction site. Stop repeating that "oh you ran out of ladders" thats what defenders assume, that doesn't make it a fact. Same people also said we dumped troops in there, it was confirmed even by admins that these troops were dumped ages ago by HRE. That "ages ago" is very important, it could be not us but anyone who could attack there.

There were also other problems on that attack such as : we had to attack with 3000 to match up with the castle ticket count. If it backfired (which was a possibility) we were simply fucked. Even our own allies hesitated to give us tickets because there was a chance that we could lose. It was an all or nothing attack.

Not everything went like how we planned for example : catapult plan totally backfired. So it wasn't a perfect plan as some of you may think of it. We were going to take down one wall half way down to stop enemy reinforcement on the keep. It didn't work at all when second catapult glitched we rushed to that keep with all we had.

About these defenders :

3 men hiding behind ladders and wasting equipment on the top of the possibly the highest keep and showing 0 effort to do something is not a defence. Its almost the same as running around hiding behind trees. If these guys showed a single effort to destroy any ladder we put up there yes you are right.
All they did was just hiding behind these ladders.

Offline Sojetsu

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
  • Game nicks: Fogged
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2012, 04:14:37 pm »
I've been thinking about a "better" strategus (ingame) for a long time, but haven't had that genious idea yet to fix it.

However, I absolutely agree that required admin interference is an no-go.

A more simple solution to the problem would be that any side loses if all flags are down and no person was killed during the last 5 minutes.
okay, what about support to castle, what makes def equip sux?

some screens
(click to show/hide)

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2012, 04:14:54 pm »
I was on this battle on the attackers' side. I will make it clear for everyone, just note that every post with whine about this situation after this explanation should be considered as posted by a very dumb person.

1. NA_3 seems to be using older version of WSE. There is still a polestagger, you can't jump with ranged weapons, etc.
2. There was a problem with catapult. I don't know what kind of problem was that, but that could be old known problem, when catapults got destroyed somehow without enemy contribution (I think, it happened first when Druzhina was attacking a castle in previous Strategus, I was fighting on their side back to then, catapults destroyed themselves somehow). It is really hard to destroy a catapult using ranged weapons, especially with that bows on such range. But this doesn't matter.
3. By the end of the battle, Mercs had 500+ siege ladders.
4. The only fighting guy on the roof was a crossbowman. I shot him 3 times, but it seems he used a healing tent on the roof. In the end he ran out of bolts rapidly and he wasn't even able to kill anyone with light crossbow on such range. And it doesn't matter because he fell down and made a suicide.
5. Mercs were trying to reach that guy and put at least 3 siege ladders to reach him. That place needed 2 or 3 siege ladders to be reachable, the first ladder was good, they've reached a balcony from which they were trying to settle a ladder. But they failed because it's really hard to do it.
6. After some certain time like 5 or 6 attackers made a suicide (accidental or not, i don't know) and they were bringing ladders, so in any way that roof was about to be reached.
7. Attackers had a lot of time left to reach that roof. That was not a problem.
8. Attackers had everything they needed to kill roof campers. Even if they hadn't ladders, they had so much time and ammo for ranged that they could kill those defenders with volley shots. Watch point 4 about me shooting a crossbowman.
9. Those 3 defenders did nothing to defend their castle. All flags were down, defenders were just hiding doing nothing useful for the team. And you should never compare such situations to usual last stands on the roofs, where defenders actually try to kill and at least damage attackers.
10. Usually, such situations are considered to be an abuse for attackers because defenders give time to loot everything expensive and i think, that there was still 1 construction site and shitloads of construction materials to build a weapon rack (anyway nobody needed it).
11. Troops were put into the castle by HRE a lot of time ago (months ago), everyone could try to attack this castle during months.
12. If it was on EU servers, I believe that Mercs would have a stronger fight. And I blame defenders, they didn't have sticks and stones, they had Byrnies (36! body armour) which is pretty enough for melee not to die in 1 hit. Yes, the gear wasn't good as always but still defenders had bigger numbers. Remember old strat battles (i.e. HRE vs Mercs' village, when Mercs were naked and fought in overall 1:1 KD and even captured a spawnpoint once) so stop whining, it's purely your own fault that you didn't kill. Autobus was hilarious at that fight, he was very useful for defenders, he managed to kill like 10 ladders and a weapon rack, and he also killed a lot in comparison to others.
13. TS went down for a minute, luckily i was on the battle so i could put it up fast but it took time for attackers to get back. It was actually the time when flags were recaptured.
14. I'm not biased, I play for the side which hires me.

Offline Sojetsu

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2012, 04:21:49 pm »
2 dave.

about cats - all buildings, (except foward base and towers) - easy to destroy with focus fire

Offline Cicero

• Duke
  • scourge of god
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2012, 04:23:33 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)
It is not about mercs or you as i repeated for the fuckin 5th time , Even wasting equip is an effort. Shame on me that i didnt take a screenshot from haringoth siege , those idiots put at least 60 ladders , siege shields to not let us put ladder to there , it is fuckin same.

From now on as we understand if u get all flags i ll call an admin from irc and tell him to kick all alive people because its done .
(click to show/hide)

tl;dr

ofcourse you are neutral =)

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2012, 04:24:34 pm »
+1
I was on this battle on the attackers' side. I will make it clear for everyone, just note that every post with whine about this situation after this explanation should be considered as posted by a very dumb person.

1. NA_3 seems to be using older version of WSE. There is still a polestagger, you can't jump with ranged weapons, etc.
2. There was a problem with catapult. I don't know what kind of problem was that, but that could be old known problem, when catapults got destroyed somehow without enemy contribution (I think, it happened first when Druzhina was attacking a castle in previous Strategus, I was fighting on their side back to then, catapults destroyed themselves somehow). It is really hard to destroy a catapult using ranged weapons, especially with that bows on such range. But this doesn't matter.
3. By the end of the battle, Mercs had 500+ siege ladders.
4. The only fighting guy on the roof was a crossbowman. I shot him 3 times, but it seems he used a healing tent on the roof. In the end he ran out of bolts rapidly and he wasn't even able to kill anyone with light crossbow on such range. And it doesn't matter because he fell down and made a suicide.
5. Mercs were trying to reach that guy and put at least 3 siege ladders to reach him. That place needed 2 or 3 siege ladders to be reachable, the first ladder was good, they've reached a balcony from which they were trying to settle a ladder. But they failed because it's really hard to do it.
6. After some certain time like 5 or 6 attackers made a suicide (accidental or not, i don't know) and they were bringing ladders, so in any way that roof was about to be reached.
7. Attackers had a lot of time left to reach that roof. That was not a problem.
8. Attackers had everything they needed to kill roof campers. Even if they hadn't ladders, they had so much time and ammo for ranged that they could kill those defenders with volley shots. Watch point 4 about me shooting a crossbowman.
9. Those 3 defenders did nothing to defend their castle. All flags were down, defenders were just hiding doing nothing useful for the team. And you should never compare such situations to usual last stands on the roofs, where defenders actually try to kill and at least damage attackers.
10. Usually, such situations are considered to be an abuse for attackers because defenders give time to loot everything expensive and i think, that there was still 1 construction site and shitloads of construction materials to build a weapon rack (anyway nobody needed it).
11. Troops were put into the castle by HRE a lot of time ago (months ago), everyone could try to attack this castle during months.
12. If it was on EU servers, I believe that Mercs would have a stronger fight. And I blame defenders, they didn't have sticks and stones, they had Byrnies (36! body armour) which is pretty enough for melee not to die in 1 hit. Yes, the gear wasn't good as always but still defenders had bigger numbers. Remember old strat battles (i.e. HRE vs Mercs' village, when Mercs were naked and fought in overall 1:1 KD and even captured a spawnpoint once) so stop whining, it's purely your own fault that you didn't kill. Autobus was hilarious at that fight, he was very useful for defenders, he managed to kill like 10 ladders and a weapon rack, and he also killed a lot in comparison to others.
13. TS went down for a minute, luckily i was on the battle so i could put it up fast but it took time for attackers to get back. It was actually the time when flags were recaptured.

..... dumb remark....

also most of the shit posted here dousnt disclaim alot, it only confirms the mercs huge advantages

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2012, 04:45:24 pm »
I'm not addressing anyone I'm telling whats was happening on our side. If someone is griefing or wasting stuff either go to IRC, or request an admin. If someone did that in a castle that doesn't mean we should tolerate it too. If something is against the rules its against the rules.

Hide in a hole until the timer runs out -> delaying.  Not going to apologize for acting accordingly on that, and I think allegations of my being biased towards FCC as an explanation for my actions is frankly silly.

I do appreciate the feedback though, thank you.

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2012, 04:47:06 pm »
(click to show/hide)

you got me, I was think of terevian castle, something like that.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2012, 05:44:36 pm »
There's no drama here, everything has already been covered.

And just for the record, when Hospitallers attacked a city (I think it was Tulga) for the 2nd time, we didn't have enough ladders, and we were told we had to retreat or we'd be kicked for leeching.

If the attackers have lost all their spawn points, and are not trying to retake them, and are camping/hiding/running, that is the same as leeching.  3 people camping on a roof have no chance of winning it back for their team, and although the attackers should be forced to kill them, I don't see it much differently than if they were on a strat battle and running around the outside of the map and delaying the inevitable.

Good job Mercs, I never assumed the 8000 troops would have shit gear because they normally only have 2500 troops. I was thinking it was going to be tough going for you.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2012, 11:07:00 pm »
2 dave.

about cats - all buildings, (except foward base and towers) - easy to destroy with focus fire

It was covered by siege shields and it only got destroyed when it was moved forward for like 10 meters after some sort of time. And archers of defenders were dominated by our ranged by that moment so they couldn't make devastating focus fire (3-4 archers with nomad bows can't make shit on 100+m distance, y'know). Any way attackers decided not to use it because the tower was captured and we can't know if that catapult was destroyed because of the old known bug or it was destroyed by your ranged. I think that there was nobody close to the cat when it got destroyed so it doesn't matter, nobody cares about that catapult and I don't even understand why it was built.

Offline Sojetsu

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2012, 01:20:00 am »
on battles for Derchios Castle - cat was destroyed by focus fire too (when templars and co attack).

in not a problem of NA server