Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2.  (Read 13711 times)

Offline Herkkutatti666

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player
  • Rips pärs
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2.
« Reply #105 on: March 18, 2014, 02:55:43 pm »
Rekt ironman

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 06:46:30 pm by Herkkutatti666 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Fredom

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
  • Coming from a life of crime.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Fredom ; FredomNumbaNine
  • IRC nick: Steam name: Fredom[NumbaNine]
« Reply #106 on: March 19, 2014, 09:41:59 pm »
Crusader Kings 2 Rajas of India released. Check it out to see what's new!
Fredom, are you British? -> You got an American accent!- Merc_Sjarken

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #107 on: March 21, 2014, 12:58:40 am »
+1
#1 infanticide simulator

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 21, 2014, 01:10:28 am »
+3
#1 killing-your-mother-because-her-new-husband-emperor-of-everything-tragically-died-in-a-manure-related-accident simulator.

Playing muslim is like #1 ramadan simulator though

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #109 on: March 22, 2014, 06:22:15 pm »
Rekt ironman

(click to show/hide)

Who did you start as? I'm STARTING to be able to do that but I started as Wessex and have just created England witht he mere base 50%. But the norse overlords are...well, weaking. Skotland used to own everything inot old start wessex, and now they are being murdered by Ireland and Me(who are allied)

Offline Herkkutatti666

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Rips pärs
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 22, 2014, 06:43:05 pm »
Who did you start as? I'm STARTING to be able to do that but I started as Wessex and have just created England witht he mere base 50%. But the norse overlords are...well, weaking. Skotland used to own everything inot old start wessex, and now they are being murdered by Ireland and Me(who are allied)
Started as king ivar the boneless.

also,
(click to show/hide)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 23, 2014, 02:15:18 am »
+1
How can that even work without imploding every month

Offline NuberT

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: NuberT_HRE
  • IRC nick: NuberT_HRE
« Reply #112 on: March 23, 2014, 04:28:40 pm »
+1
Fuck of inbreed, I am king :twisted:
(click to show/hide)

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #113 on: March 24, 2014, 03:37:02 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Not as good, but damn that crusade victory.

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #114 on: March 24, 2014, 05:23:11 am »
+2
So I just started playing this again, I never really gave it much a shot in the past but holy hell am I confused.

I'm playing as Munster and got half of Ireland taken over without really knowing wtf I'm doing but I'm making progress. It's about 1130~ ish and I got like 7 provinces and then I come and look here and you guys got half the world taken over by the time I barely have half of Ireland taken.

Pls, halp.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #115 on: March 24, 2014, 07:30:26 am »
So I just started playing this again, I never really gave it much a shot in the past but holy hell am I confused.

I'm playing as Munster and got half of Ireland taken over without really knowing wtf I'm doing but I'm making progress. It's about 1130~ ish and I got like 7 provinces and then I come and look here and you guys got half the world taken over by the time I barely have half of Ireland taken.

Pls, halp.

It's like any other paradox RTS, at first you don't know how to do cookie cutter everything, abuse the AI, and things like that.
When you have that nailed you can do it somewhat easier, that's why people showing their games always have über empires.  :mrgreen:

At least that's how it happened to me with EU3, for the first time I couldn't even save my own kingdom, but after getting used to it I had almost whole Europe as Hungary  :mrgreen:

This game seems a ton more complex though with all the family related drama, not sure if I like that.

(I'm the dramaturge king so I should! Hmm. Might take a look at this game.)

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #116 on: March 24, 2014, 07:47:18 am »
+3
The family drama is the best bit about this game Christo lol.

Offline Herkkutatti666

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Rips pärs
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 24, 2014, 02:37:17 pm »
Dem troops
(click to show/hide)

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 24, 2014, 11:25:37 pm »
+2

Pls, halp.

You cheese the game by looking for claimants to nearby territories. Invite them to your court, marry them matrilineally to people in your dynasty, and when they have kids they will be of your dynasty and inherit the claim. Press the claim, and if its lower than your title they will join your kingdom.

You can do this more directly by marrying yourself or your heir to people with claims. Double check to make sure they are inheritable. Press these whenever and your playable characters will get the land.

Holy wars give you direct control on a shit ton of land when you win, that you can give out as you please.

I always play with the ck2+ mod, one of the most popular ones that enhance the main game and make it a little harder and slower as to not make things super easy. I think without the mod you can just land a claimant in your realm, and if you press their claim they automatically join your realm, making it easier. Not sure though.

Also, the easiest/most fun way to play is to be a pagan with The Old Gods dlc. They get a ton of casus belli on crap like conquering neighboring fiefs, coastal fiefs, whatever, and can raid to get tons of gold for mercs. Starting at the 876 date the Christian kingdoms are weak enough that you can expand wherever the hell you want, as long as you avoid or break up the Karling bloc.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #119 on: March 25, 2014, 01:22:46 am »

Pls, halp.

It was hard for me to do that.
This was not long after the start. I actually lost the duchy of wessex, becoming the count of oxford, then NORWAY annexed them and my brother(the guy who WAS the duke) got removed and I was put in as the duke. Those were my lands not long after that.
(click to show/hide)

Sometime later, after 2 Unsuccesful revolts, with Norway getting destroyed by the russians, the Isles went independent, sadly Skotland had taken control by then. Due to several Civil Wars, I holy warred and De Jured until I managed to take over what you can see in the below picture. The Ruler, Duke Stefan the Great(who somehow became German instead of Anglo-Saxon very sad about that) Became ruler at 15 or 16. Over the course of his life, Duke Stefan would go on to Create the Kingdom of England and reclaim English Birth Right before his untimely death due to stress from many campaigns against the heathenous Norse. Following his death The Kingdom went into revolt revolt and civil war, before the next King died 6 months into his reign.
(click to show/hide)

Following the Civil war King Kuno the Cruel(and his heir also King Kuno...the Cruel) would go on to create the greater English relm and Annex and Usurp the Kingdom of Wales, England, and Scotland. Before King Kun II the Cruel could finish his work on Creating Greater Britannia, he died and with his death, the Kindgom nearly split into 2 from civil war.
(click to show/hide)

Following A civil war, and multiple Irish revolts("staged by those Damn Gemanic British people!" so says the Irish) was close to being completed. But following the death of the Queen consort, much lands passed into the hands of the British Heir, who become King of Portugal, which soon lost it's last province to the Ummyyad Caliphate. Following the Death of his Father, Kaiser Wilhelm would Eventually answer the Call of the Great Crusade and lead several Armies into the lands of the Caliphate and thus, reclaim his Birthright.

Long Live Kaiser Wilhelm, Emporer of Britannia, King of England, Wales, Scotland, Portugal, Andalucia, and the titular king of Castile. Duke of Wessex and Hwice and count of Said provinces. My he long reign.
(click to show/hide)

That...was kinda fun to write. Started as a look at where I started and turned into an AOR. Also, how the FUCK do I get rid of these stupid heretic strongholds. Every like 5 years i have to fight some kinda rebel army of some kind....
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 01:26:22 am by Lt_Anders »