Author Topic: Is this how Druzhina,STR and Greys win in Strat??  (Read 18929 times)

Offline Gimest

• Baron
  • Renown: 101
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pantheon
  • Game nicks: Gimest_DeGyrst
  • IRC nick: Gimest
Re: Is this how Druzhina,STR and Greys win in Strat??
« Reply #120 on: July 13, 2012, 05:30:08 pm »
+1
With all the back and forth going on I think it's time the developers and admins showed again that they are serious about Strat.

A vote of confidence from them is all most questionable people would need to defer from cheating and encourage the good minded ones to pay attention to Strat again.
I think they made great job allready when they made it so u cant craft/recruit if u dont play crpg. And they also lowered equip prices there to get more battles, so i think theyr progressing with it, its slow, but hey theyr working on it for free.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #121 on: July 13, 2012, 05:32:13 pm »
+8
You're either ignorant of the matter or have a highly selective memory. Chances are Guards got off easy because they never did anything particularly noteworthy, and thus avoided making any enemies.

First, yes, i have a selective memory.^^
Second, yes, probably Guards got off easily because no one cares about us. It's not like we're one of the oldest clan still alive, nor that we participated in the Pub Crawl to end strat 1, nor that we are merchants in Strat thus have only bandits as ennemy, nor that Guard_Tristan organized the first and only mega battle wich brought together a lot of players. No, it's obviously because we're insignificant insects that never did anything particularly noteworthy.

I'm sorry about the "makes us wonder why", if it offended you. Don't know how people wondering about things may be rude in any point, it just means they ask themselves why all this. Not being biaised or whatever. Thinking for themselves. I'll edit it if you want me to. But i found it pretty cheap to throw away some accusation (most of wich are stupid, that much i agree), stating that ALL admin clans always had problems. That it's just "normal" that Nords also face those problems.

I personnaly don't have any problem with Nords in general, more the contrary, but as a player and person, i have problem with how some things are handled, and how none can answer beer's accusations other than "stop trolling", etc... Yes, he's rude. Doesn't mean he doesn't have some point.

Lastly, i don't care at all how most of the people view me, as long as i respect others, don't do anything stupid, nor being rude intentionnally. Wich is how i behave ingame and on the forums.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 05:35:25 pm by Bulzur »
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 13, 2012, 05:34:18 pm »
+3
Why are you all jumping on Okin? If he's there to play a game and Panos comes on with the sort of attitude you might expect from him, should he drop what he's doing and do as Panos demands? We don't know what repercussions there will be for this yet since its just a GD discussion rather than a proper ban request

I do know that this community has a real issue with lack of authority, lack of meaningful punishments and treating players with kid gloves in fear that they will end up with too few players on the servers. The upshot of that is a poorer gaming culture, people having no respect, people pushing the boundaries as far as they think they can and beyond, and then they know they still won't get a perma ban because even with the worst case scenario you're just asked to come back with a new warband key. Not to mention the effect it all has on people that play fair, follow the rules and just enjoy the game. It drives these types of players away too
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 13, 2012, 05:38:59 pm »
+1
First, yes, i have a selective memory.^^
Second, yes, probably Guards got off easily because no one cares about us. It's not like we're one of the oldest clan still alive, nor that we participated in the Pub Crawl to end strat 1, nor that we are merchants in Strat thus have only bandits as ennemy, nor that Guard_Tristan organized the first and only mega battle wich brought together a lot of players. No, it's obviously because we're insignificant insects that never did anything particularly noteworthy.

I'm sorry about the "makes us wonder why", if it offended you. I'll edit it if you want me to. But i found it pretty cheap to throw away some accusation (most of wich are stupid, that much i agree), stating that ALL admin clans always had problems. That it's just "normal" that Nords also face those problems.

Well, for one thing, you seem to be forgetting that lots of people also made claims that the pub crawl armies had been pulled out of thin air, because guess whose faction supplied about half of them. Same sort of talk about various factions with devs/admins in them had been going on before then, and has been ever since. Also, I didn't really mean the Guards in general, just the Guards on Strat -- you've had your moments, but mostly you've always kept to yourselves.

As for the rest, refer to Grumbs' post. I don't know why people are acting like this whole matter is already closed. Mass hysteria, I guess.
Don't.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #124 on: July 13, 2012, 05:41:08 pm »
+2
Lets add some more fuel to the DRZ abuse fire, shall we?

(click to show/hide)

Take it as you will.

what about that, okin? Shouldn't you look at that?

(of course, alot of those deaths were from wall jumping, but -2 and 44....fuk even with 150-170 ping i don't do THAT bad.)

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 13, 2012, 05:43:54 pm »
+1

(of course, alot of those deaths were from wall jumping, but -2 and 44....fuk even with 150-170 ping i don't do THAT bad.)

All his deaths were by wall jumping and then charging the Templars, some he just smartly managed to kill himself

Offline okiN

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 13, 2012, 05:47:15 pm »
+2
Lets add some more fuel to the DRZ abuse fire, shall we?

(click to show/hide)

Take it as you will.

Do you realize that DRZ supplied that castle with 2k troops and cash to buy gear in order to prevent the Templars from capturing it?
Don't.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #127 on: July 13, 2012, 05:50:55 pm »
Do you realize that DRZ supplied that castle with 2k troops and cash to buy gear in order to prevent the Templars from capturing it?

And that gives them a right to waste tickets? Regardless of what they did BEFORE the battle, that doesn't give them a right to waste tickets on AI.

And no, no i didn't. Nor do I care

Offline Tyr_

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Suum cuique
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tyr; Merc_Nemo; Caesar_Salad
  • IRC nick: Tyr_
« Reply #128 on: July 13, 2012, 05:51:43 pm »
Endless Space is really not awesome.

How you dare to say such a blasphemy?
(click to show/hide)

Offline okiN

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 13, 2012, 05:52:28 pm »
And no, no i didn't. Nor do I care

Okay, I just thought it seemed like kind of a relevant detail. Not sure why, really.
Don't.

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #130 on: July 13, 2012, 05:53:26 pm »
+1
A bunch of admin came online halfway trough the Suno battle, and besides the usual asshattery, nothing special was going on. Some guys were warned and eventually I kicked Panos for delaying.

A lot of these calls are highly subjective, and as an admin you want to be sure before you make a decision. Generally, you'd want to see the infringement with your own eyes before acting. Just because three loud guys are shouting in chat, does not make it true. Funny enough, It's usually the same people screaming in chat who are  leeching/delaying, just at different times.

This is just a witch hunt. Panos is a turd, always have been, and sadly I suspect always will be.
Monkeys!

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
« Reply #131 on: July 13, 2012, 06:12:37 pm »
+4
Panos acting like an idiot does automatically make him be wrong about proving that banworthy behaviour is tolerated and punished on a totally subjective and opportunistic way.

This thread is not about him i thought?

Aha. I see where this is going.

So much:
Even if millions repeat the same, stupid behaviour, it remains stupid.

Same goes for banworthy behaviour, or?

I mean, explaining things this way, makes Assad appear like a handsome business man with his expensive suits.

Riiiiight.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 13, 2012, 06:18:40 pm »

Okin,

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #133 on: July 13, 2012, 06:18:47 pm »
Well ofcourse they are going to bash on Panos, i mean what else can they do? They cant argue with the proof so they will discredit the poster. Ban the OP tell him he is shit, ignore the screenshots and voila problem solved.   :lol:

Good thing i left, now i can play the role of popcorn observer while the abusers try to get away with this AGAIN. And judging by my past experience in this mod, they will  :mrgreen:
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #134 on: July 13, 2012, 06:19:59 pm »
+20
Lots of folks I previously thought well of or hadn't noticed much are showing entirely new sides of themselves.

As Crymoar already said: these things tend to work both ways. If this "new side" of ours which wants to play a Strategy game based on anything other then cheating and abusing the system means that we're tards & imbeciles in your eyes - so be it.

(click to show/hide)
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.