Author Topic: NA admins  (Read 6952 times)

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
Re: NA admins
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2012, 11:23:35 pm »
I'm not sure why anyone thinks it should be against the rule to collect ammo.
So now throwers will be banned/kicked for trying to pick up their ammo and play their class? That is a load of crap.
If you don't want people picking up ammo, make it to where people can't pick up ammo at all.

Is it just me or does this guy actually think the act of collecting ammo in general is not allowed anymore?

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2012, 11:27:47 pm »
Is it just me or does this guy actually think the act of collecting ammo in general is not allowed anymore?

Yea, methinks there was some reading komprehenshion phail there.

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2012, 11:39:33 pm »
Yea, methinks there was some reading komprehenshion phail there.

enliish wha-t is it?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2012, 11:47:36 pm »
 :oops: still, most of that applies >.>

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2012, 11:52:07 pm »
+1
Lotus, if someone is running and picking up ammo on the ground, it is a different thing than running around as the last person alive searching for ammo to pick up.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2012, 11:56:30 pm »
Not really. If you are allowed to do it at the start of the round, or the middle of the round, why not the end of the round?

He is playing his class, and no one can really argue that it isn't effective the majority of times. I've never seen Aderyn do that and not get at least one more kill. If Aderyn is surviving the entire round and always the last one with no more arrows, that is the fault of the enemy team, not his. No one complains when throwers run around looking for throwing axes and stuff. Probably because people know they will eventually die? Whereas Aderyn actually has a pretty decent chance at crutching the round.

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2012, 12:00:09 am »
+1
Not really. If you are allowed to do it at the start of the round, or the middle of the round, why not the end of the round?

He is playing his class, and no one can really argue that it isn't effective the majority of times. I've never seen Aderyn do that and not get at least one more kill. If Aderyn is surviving the entire round and always the last one with no more arrows, that is the fault of the enemy team, not his. No one complains when throwers run around looking for throwing axes and stuff. Probably because people know they will eventually die? Whereas Aderyn actually has a pretty decent chance at crutching the round.

*clutching is the word your looking for, but crutching is appropriate as well :D

When its 11-1 or more hes got no chance yet still kites for 1-3 minutes more.

If he wants to run around and kite when its 2 or 3 left and they arent all rocking huscarls or steel shields, by all means he stands a good chance of winning that.  But barring a massive sudden TK spree he is not going to win any more than a 5v1 even if he is very lucky and none of them have shields.  Hes just delaying the inevitable and pissing everyone off.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2012, 12:05:00 am »
+1
Lotus not very brain? Dum dum not enderstend. :cry:
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2012, 12:06:58 am »
I've seen him crack down on shielders. He will even kill them at point blank. You act as if he doesn't get within melee range ever, he does. Especially vs shielders. All they have to do is swing and hope his arrow doesn't kill them. Yet instead, they keep their shield up for 30 seconds because they are afraid of getting shot. Why not kick/ban them for holding shields up instead of swinging? xD

The point is. He is just playing his class. It doesn't matter how many people are left. If I'm the last one, I fight to the end. I use stealth. Sometimes I pull it off, sometimes I don't. All players should do that. The players who should be kicked/banned are the ones who do not fight til the end. The ones that give up. Those players who drop their weapons and say "fuck my teams multiplier and all their effort" and just try fist fighting, which takes even longer than fighting would and always results in defeat.

If the community has such a problem with waiting an additional 30 to 60 seconds, then maybe we should make the flags spawn sooner. Looking for ammo and picking off as many as you can, should not be considered delaying.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2012, 12:08:08 am »
+2
Looking for ammo and picking off as many as you can, should not be considered delaying.

Looking for ammo is not considered delaying, delaying is considered delaying and looking for ammo is not a valid excuse.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2012, 12:09:19 am »
Another reason for blanket ban NA: intentional ignorance.

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2012, 12:11:39 am »
So if you see him picking up ammo and shooting the enemy team at the end of the round (like he always does) everyone should just sit tight and quit complaining, correct? Okay then.

In the event that he is not actively seeking, obtaining, and firing arrows, then sure he is delaying, kick/ban him. Until then, let the guy play his class.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2012, 12:14:03 am »
+1
Just shut up, please.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 2504
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2012, 12:21:19 am »
+2
Flags prevent delaying, I'm not sure what's the problem here.

Only issue is higher than usual upkeep but I don't see how is that fault of those who are trying to win even if situation seems impossible.

Offline Miracle

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: s0mali_piratez
  • Game nicks: Miracle
  • IRC nick: Miracle
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2012, 12:27:43 am »
+2
The only real question here is:  Where the fuck is Christo?
also free allers, permaban digglez imo
is there anyone (NH members excluded) that would have an issue with that? basically allers is big pun and digglez is fat joe, nobody would say no to that trade