Author Topic: Anti-Gaming  (Read 5725 times)

Offline MB passionately

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Sarissas
Re: Anti-Gaming
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2012, 02:26:51 pm »
+1
I've grown tired of the fact that in crpg if you aren't one of the pros, you'll never improve because they just slaughter you instantly every round. So, I'm just playing this as a poor man's economy simulator. Wearing minimalist gear, lazily protecting myself from pros I know will kill me, I watch my gold increase. All I care for now is to make in game money, because the game play is only fun for pros.

It´s not a game for casual gamers.
It´s not noob friendly as even in a 150 player server nobody will answer to noob questions.
It´s not possible to be a good manual blocker even in 1 year (assuming having a life).
It´s not easy to survive if you don´t know about the "hidden ways" where the good players move on the maps.
It´s absolutely not easy to survive in the beginning, the transformation of victim to predator needs a lot of passion and effort.
etc
etc
etc

All combined, these are the reasons why this is the hardest, but most rewarding mod in MB. If you wanna have easy kills, go to Napoleon Mod. If you dont want to invest time and lure for arcade gameplay, there are many "easier" games
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 02:56:03 pm by MB passionately »
just play just play just play just play just play

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2012, 04:39:07 pm »
+2
But that's not fun... I don't want to sit in a group of players and do nothing. I want to have fun, but of course you can't, because any fight will be ended by an arrow, bolt, throwing axe, or lance to the back.
Learning to fight in battle is totally different than duel. Scan allways your surrounding and never fight one enemy too long without keeping track of where you are going or if there is cav or other enemies around. Try to get in some easy fights first like 3 to 1. There will be enough occasions to fight 1 vs. 1 if you survive the first minutes. If you get hit by an arrow or see more than 1 ranged in one spot, just back off except your whole team is approaching ofc, etc. Overall battle awareness is key, try to anticipate when to engage and when to retreat/flank/attack on other spot.

And if you don't want to "sit in a group" then make sure there is at least a small group near, so if u get attacked by a group of enemies you can get there fast.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2012, 04:56:38 pm »
To be honest, I've been trying to practice, and I'm probably doing better than average. But it's frustrating coming up against the same guy who you know will beat you, or watching the lancer cav go 25/2 every map and just couch you in the back within two minutes. Or just the unending knockdowns that cav do.

I'm currently using my light gear because I love how it looks; blue tourney helm, blue brigandine, and a heavy bastard sword.

Sorry about that.  If it's any consolation, I'm a 10th generation player, I was able to heirloom an item every time I retired, but I'm down to 14,000 gold.  I need 2 million XP before I retire my last time and sell a loompoint for around 600k, then hopefully I won't have to worry about money again.  I die 100's of times every generation before I have the skills to ride my horse, and wield a weapon.  Even though I sometimes go 25-3, I don't think I've ever finished a gen higher than 2:1 K:D ratio.  And did I mention I'm poor as fuck?  I have to either take donations or run around on foot.  I don't mind going footman, but it fucks my strategus crafting up for champion coursers :(  poor me.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2012, 05:11:23 pm »
+1
But that's not fun... I don't want to sit in a group of players and do nothing. I want to have fun, but of course you can't, because any fight will be ended by an arrow, bolt, throwing axe, or lance to the back.

Bro learn how to rambo, run away from team, have awareness from cav and know how to fight cav, if once lancer sees you kill their buddy, they are most likely to leave you alone.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2012, 05:21:58 pm »
+1
So Slev23 wants to be rambo, but then complains when he's all by himself with a bastard sword and someone on a horse comes along?  Someone that moves at least twice as fast as him and with a weapon that's probably almost twice as long?

People's suggestions for fighting in a group with your team are valid.  That is where you will do the most damage to the enemy, and be able to still pull in the strengths from your teammates.  Ideally you'll have some shielders around to deter or take ranged ammo from hitting your teammates (or hitting as easily).  You'll have pikes and pokey spears to deter and stop horsemen (as well as poke infantry and make their life hell when they open up their body/release their block).  You will hopefully have your own ranged as well who can keep cavalry away, and put a hurt on the enemy.

This isn't counter-strike.  Think of it more like Team Fortress Classic, or Chess.  There are different classes, and they all have strengths and weaknesses.  The point is to exploit your enemies weaknesses, while minimizing your own.  Sometimes it takes a team or group to counter all the weaknesses when you encounter a group of enemies.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2012, 06:10:11 pm »
So Slev23 wants to be rambo, but then complains when he's all by himself with a bastard sword and someone on a horse comes along?  Someone that moves at least twice as fast as him and with a weapon that's probably almost twice as long?

People's suggestions for fighting in a group with your team are valid.  That is where you will do the most damage to the enemy, and be able to still pull in the strengths from your teammates.  Ideally you'll have some shielders around to deter or take ranged ammo from hitting your teammates (or hitting as easily).  You'll have pikes and pokey spears to deter and stop horsemen (as well as poke infantry and make their life hell when they open up their body/release their block).  You will hopefully have your own ranged as well who can keep cavalry away, and put a hurt on the enemy.

This isn't counter-strike.  Think of it more like Team Fortress Classic, or Chess.  There are different classes, and they all have strengths and weaknesses.  The point is to exploit your enemies weaknesses, while minimizing your own.  Sometimes it takes a team or group to counter all the weaknesses when you encounter a group of enemies.

Maybe id he was agi like me, he'd be able to fight cav, I use a longsword and can take horses out, I normally dont kill the rider off the horse, but i kill the horse. If he has no buddies around, I kill the down rider, but if he has a lot of friendly cav by him, i turntail and run, I run because I know i am noit going to win that fight,i move on.

Offline Tagora

• Duke
  • Renown: 522
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
  • there's bollocks in yr tea
    • View Profile
    • ClickCLICKclickCLICKCLICKCLICK
  • Faction: Dubliners
« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2012, 08:17:31 pm »
Learn to die with honor. 

http://steamcommunity.com/id/tagora/

c h e l s e a  b o y s

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2012, 08:21:38 pm »

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2012, 08:36:34 pm »
+3
I noticed that battle skills (like awarenes, map knowledge and so on) are even more important in battle than your personal fighting skills. Sometimes I get few kills just because of succesful raid if I have chosen the right way to go and managed to ambush some archers or whatever. Sorry for probably bad english, I mean, you can have lots of kills even with medium fighting skills and also can be very good duelist but doing bad in battle.
So to be good in battles you need to practise battles, nothing to add more.

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2012, 10:13:34 pm »

I suggest you play single player.  In that you can totally dominate without any worries.  If you put damage down to a quarter and buy some plate, you can pretty much walk into any situation and destroy everyone.

Or else play cRPG for the fun of playing.  I am the most useless dueler out there, but I take that into account and still have a lot of fun.  I'm a 1 hander/thrower so I go for opportunistic kills when I can, or try help my teammates kill.  When people are dueling I'll dance around with a jarid pointed at the enemy, which really throws their melee skills off, or I'll be the bait for when people are hidden behind walls for ambush, or just try draw guys out so archers or cav can finish them for me.

In fact, you're probably dying- "fight will be ended by an arrow, bolt, throwing axe, or lance to the back," because you're falling for all the tricks team players use to kill the foolhardy.  So yeah, my advice is play single player.

PS. When cav kills me I feel nothing but shame :oops:

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2012, 09:50:53 pm »
+1
i think im better in battle than in duel =X actually i cant duel for very long time with out getting annoyed and bored .. in battle however i get some nice adrenaline kicks and i cant stop laughting about many things that happen xD .. ofc i also my bad times when i start raging and blaming my team to be silly and such  :evil:
(click to show/hide)
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.