Author Topic: Archery. A discussion.  (Read 3308 times)

Offline OpenPalm

• Baron
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Thes
Re: Archery. A discussion.
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 03:03:57 am »
Just permaban all archers and cavalry and backpedalling 2handers and crushthrough noobs and polespammers and OP pikers and throwers cuz banning archers is too mainstream ban annoying turtles ban anything that rides a horse ban useless peasants ban agiwhores ban str crutchers fuck this community and game good night.

QFT
Quote from: Smoothrich
Racism against our chinese gold grinding brothers.

Offline Chivers_United

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: F**k It Dude, Let's Go Bowling
  • Game nicks: Brontosaurus_FIDLGB
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2012, 03:05:05 am »
Go 15/24 use tatar or hornbow with Mw barbed or bodkins and bring a miaodao as your melee weapon. You'll get headshots,have 8 ath, and 8 wm. Put 145 into archery and 100 into 2h. You'll be able to neutralize anyone if you can block.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2012, 03:05:14 am »
I was saying I had to try out the 15/27 build now. Like I said though they still only have 3 athletics on top of whatever bonus agility serves for speed and unless they're fully loomed bows and (bodkin) arrows I can't see them being anymore of an issue then other archers provided you're wearing enough armor.
And how!

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2012, 03:07:17 am »
Shoot the face. Its 1hit on most ppl with bodkins and 170 wpf
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2012, 03:09:36 am »
You make that sound trivial when most people know not to walk in a straight line or can "duck".
And how!

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2012, 03:14:53 am »
True, with game engines inherent fails it is pretty easy to make your hitboxes vanish, but like cav, archers main targets should be unawares.
I don't know enough

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2012, 04:25:04 am »
Best archer builds are 18/21 or 21/18.  Each point into PD increases damage by quite a bit, but you need WPF to shoot quicker and be more accurate. 

15/27 build is probably fine, but the 27 agility is NOT going to make up for the 3 athletics.  You'll be much quicker with a 21/18 w/ 6 ath, or a 18/21 w/ 7 ath.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2012, 04:27:42 am »
il be playing this 15/27 build on my alt soon, probbably will be great fun pwning people eazy mod OP OP OP, with abit of team support, looking forward to it

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2012, 04:38:07 am »
+3
Calm down, Rufio!

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2012, 05:43:04 am »
il be playing this 15/27 build on my alt soon, probbably will be great fun pwning people eazy mod OP OP OP, with abit of team support, looking forward to it

Like you can pwn ANYONE without your axe :P

Best archer builds are 18/21 or 21/18.  Each point into PD increases damage by quite a bit, but you need WPF to shoot quicker and be more accurate. 

15/27 build is probably fine, but the 27 agility is NOT going to make up for the 3 athletics.  You'll be much quicker with a 21/18 w/ 6 ath, or a 18/21 w/ 7 ath.

Discussion isnt about what build makes you run faster, its about doing more DPS with cheaper weapon that uses less slots, is more accurate to boot. Try to read OP before posting banalities.
I don't know enough

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2012, 07:06:13 am »
+1
Discussion isnt about what build makes you run faster, its about doing more DPS with cheaper weapon that uses less slots, is more accurate to boot. Try to read OP before posting banalities.

Ok I'll talk about your OP.

It's wrong.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

You're sacrificing 2 PD & 4 Athletics (and 4 other points.. either into IF or PS) for.... 26 wpf.

That's fucking retarded.  There is no way a 26 wpf will compensate for 2 PD (28% damage increase).

SO AS I WAS SAYING, 18/21 & 21/18 are probably the best 2 archer builds.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 03:42:30 pm by MrShine »
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Everkistus

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No good deed goes unpunished
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Everkistus
  • IRC nick: Everkistus
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2012, 07:10:27 am »
I agree with MrShine. The build in OP just does too little damage.

I'm currently running 21/18 and it's a good build. Planning to go 21/21 when I reach higher levels ;)

Offline genric

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: HG_Genric, HG_Sentry_GenRic, A_Chilies, Beastasaurus
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2012, 07:26:12 am »
+1

Not true, but I see your point.  I played longbow and respecced to test the difference between 27/15 and 18/24.  The damage difference vs. whatever armor i picked at the time was 72 vs. 60, but to sacrifice all of your accuracy and shoot speed for that damage difference was awful.  Power draw is supposed to give you a 10% damage boost per rank, which sounds incredible, but it takes away your WPF drastically. 

There's an online calculator, very in depth, allows you to choose bow, arrows, loom level of each, target's body and head armor, PD / WPF, anything you'd even need to know before velocity is taken into the formula.

http://alpha-lider19.ru/MB/?go=archercalc

How up to date this is, I forget, but its still a great guide for a ball park estimate.

Dude thats awesome I was always using the cRPG calculator pack to get really rough estimations but that Bow Master is crazy better. Uumdi you always show me the coolest things.
I am the shadow that lingers in your wake. I am four steps behind and two before you. You are trapped. Always.
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2012, 07:30:22 am »
+1
Base_Damage=(0.85+(wpf*0.0015))

So 1 wpf is a smidge past 0.85 base damage, 100 is base damage, and 200 wpf is 1.15 base damage...

OP is incorrect by a long margin on the damage differences. WPF gives a damage perk, it is not a competitor to PD, PT or PS. Losing 4.2% damage and gaining 28% still wins in PD's favor.

EDIT: Forgot two zeros.  :oops:
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 05:28:31 pm by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline genric

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: HG_Genric, HG_Sentry_GenRic, A_Chilies, Beastasaurus
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2012, 07:38:44 am »
Base_Damage=(0.85+(wpf*0.15))

So 1 wpf is a smidge past 0.85 base damage, 100 is base damage, and 200 wpf is 1.15 base damage...

OP is incorrect by a long margin on the damage differences. WPF gives a damage perk, it is not a competitor to PD, PT or PS. Losing 4.2% damage and gaining 28% still wins in PD's favor.

The main thing with WPF is that it increases your accuracy so if you have low PD but high WPF it wont compensate damage but with bodkins you should be able to go mostly for heads and decently armored people or go tartar and aim only for lightly armored. You would be a great anti archer wouldn't you?
I am the shadow that lingers in your wake. I am four steps behind and two before you. You are trapped. Always.
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".