Author Topic: IP ban for autoblockers  (Read 3588 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: IP ban for autoblockers
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2012, 11:58:03 am »
Funny thing is that most of them make archer chars on their new accounts and start giving headshots like experienced archers. Rarely they choose shielder class. The more I'm witnessing this phenomena the more I think there's something fishy about archery, some cheat devs aren't aware of.

tell me, how could an aimbot predict human movement

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2012, 12:01:35 pm »
+4
tell me, how could an aimbot predict human movement

(click to show/hide)

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2012, 03:22:26 pm »
I can't believe so many people support this sort of "Zero Tolerance", "Zero Forgiveness" policy. You could get drunk, find and install a cheat in 5 minutes, use it for 10, then potentially get screwed forever all because of a single 15 minute period. And somehow, that's called Justice? Better yet, you should be banned in every game you play because of that one mistake?

If this is "Justice", if it's what's "Right", I'd gladly forsake all administrative/leadership responsibilities for the rest of my life. Clearly, there would be something wrong with my head.

Forget things like compassion, forgiveness and tolerance; my gaming time is far too important to ever have to suffer even a ten minute interruption.

I hope you're trolling Cooties, because I face-palmed and it would be unjust for me to have otherwise done so.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 911
  • Infamy: 1763
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2012, 03:48:18 pm »
+2
Well, I think that installing the cheat is more than enough for permaban but that's not what I'm talking about.

Player who used autoblocker software for 3 months, then lied cmp is now back in the game just because he bought another key.

I've been playing with that dude on melee only server where he killed 10 people in a row but not me (my fighting style is death to autoblockers). I don't want to see that dude or anyone who did the same as him ever again in cRPG.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2012, 03:54:35 pm »
Some players just have no respect, either in their spoken attitude, behaviour or spoiling the game for others by using hacks. This is possibly the most lenient place I've ever seen, with repeat offenders coming back no matter what they do with no respect for admins or players. The amount of abuse I see admins have to take and yet the same players keep on playing. I just think theres a lack of backbone and willingness to stick up for the players that want a server were people behave and play by the rules

Anyway I just think people get away with far too much here. Thats the main problem..the attitude towards hacks is a symptom of that
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2012, 03:58:30 pm »
Is there a list of names to keep an eye out for? One that can be linked without my own searches getting into the mix.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2012, 04:17:00 pm »
+1
Well, I think that installing the cheat is more than enough for permaban but that's not what I'm talking about.

Player who used autoblocker software for 3 months, then lied cmp is now back in the game just because he bought another key.

I've been playing with that dude on melee only server where he killed 10 people in a row but not me (my fighting style is death to autoblockers). I don't want to see that dude or anyone who did the same as him ever again in cRPG.
Indeed using it extensively, and then lying about it make it more serious. But that doesn't mean he shouldn't be given a chance for us to see whether or not he actually learned his lesson. Especially because he lost more than just $5 for the new key, he wasted 3 months of playing where he didn't even invest in getting better at the game.

I can't decide whether you have a "Guilty until proven innocent" mentality, or that it simply offends you to be playing with a former cheater. Both cases are pretty fucked up, regardless. I guess society has no place for convicts after all. Might as well just have death sentences throughout the world.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2012, 04:31:58 pm »
Don't compare this to real life lol with death penalties and real crime and stuff. Maybe we should make cRPG a democracy? No it will always be a dictatorship as it should be, with a small council and maybe 1 or 2 ultimate leaders. A closer analogy would be someone getting barred from a club after causing 1 fight, disrupting the place for others. Again tho this isn't real life, this is how to deal with people who will look for any little advantage they can get, people who for the very reason of it not affecting them irl will cheat because they don't care about the lenient consequences

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2012, 04:49:58 pm »
+1
Don't compare this to real life lol with death penalties and real crime and stuff. Maybe we should make cRPG a democracy? No it will always be a dictatorship as it should be, with a small council and maybe 1 or 2 ultimate leaders. A closer analogy would be someone getting barred from a club after causing 1 fight, disrupting the place for others. Again tho this isn't real life, this is how to deal with people who will look for any little advantage they can get, people who for the very reason of it not affecting them irl will cheat because they don't care about the lenient consequences
Simply because an action is common place, does not itself justify the action. Instead, all it does is desensitize. Furthermore, your analogy is flawed for two reasons. One, you're talking about actually causing physical harm and second, one exists as a business, while the other is purely a hobby. A better analogy would be comparing someone who disrupts a server's gaming experience to the guy in the movie theater that can't manage to turn his phone off. Can't say I've even -heard- of people being kicked out of a movie theater for that, not to mention, and most importantly, being told he wasn't allowed back. Maybe getting kicked out because of further confrontation (argument/fight between another customer and the perpetrator) that it caused, but not the initial disruptive action.

Offline justjr

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • I AM THE DRAGON KNIGHT
    • View Profile
    • Just Imports
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: (former Justus_Caesar) Windrunner_of_Chaos, Dragon_Knight_, Justino, cRazY_jusTT_of_Choad
  • IRC nick: Just
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2012, 04:52:35 pm »
+1
IP block will do nothing, my IP for instance is dynamic, changing all the time...

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2012, 04:59:02 pm »
I think these analogies don't really serve much purpose. But again the guy with the phone ringing is creating a disturbance in the open and its immediately obvious, and no doing it every day for 3 months would result in you being banned due to complaints. Maybe another analogy (no I won't do anymore lol) would be for the guy with the phone to smear crap on the seats and do it every day for 3 months. Then finally when we find out who did it he is allowed to come back and carry on as long as he pays for a new ticket.

Really though someone who hacked for a long period of time should not be able to come back. I don't even know why I need to discuss this, with admins no less. Any other game and you would be banned for life, not asked to come back with a new ID. It sends out such a bad message

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2012, 05:25:44 pm »
+1
I think these analogies don't really serve much purpose. But again the guy with the phone ringing is creating a disturbance in the open and its immediately obvious. Maybe another analogy (no I won't do anymore lol) would be for the guy with the phone to smear crap on the seats and do it every day for 3 months. Then finally when we find out who did it he is allowed to come back and carry on as long as he pays for a new ticket.

Really though someone who hacked for a long period of time should not be able to come back. I don't even know why I need to discuss this, with admins no less. Any other game and you would be banned for life, not asked to come back with a new ID
I know exactly why this needs discussed, because you are unable to see the differences between the analogies you describe and what happens in crpg. Because you use the same type of argument even when shown that it isn't logical.

Any other game and you would be banned for life

Simply because an action is common place, does not itself justify the action.

It does not follow that simply because people are commonly banned permanently for these things, that it is the most just or best course of action to take.

Again, your analogy is completely different. Smearing shit on the seats is not only disruptive to the viewers, but is vandalism and causes direct monetary damage. An auto-blocker does not disrupt the entirety of the server either. The most it could possibly do, is disrupt the gaming experience for the opposing team, and that's assuming he himself killed them all.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2012, 05:39:18 pm »
I don't think you can comment on analogies when you weighed in with a capitol punishment one first off. Its completely nonsensical to bring this down to analogies with real life stuff, its 2 totally different mediums

With regards autoblock, personally I do care if my team mates are artificially helping my team. I want a fair game were my and my enemies teams actions determine the outcome, not augmented skills on either team

Its not just the autoblock either. Any cheater you catch, especially something long term is an opportunity to remove someone with that cheater mentality. You don't know whatever else they may have used or be willing to use. I don't even know why you give them the time of day. If the game was booming and there were thousands more players I doubt anyone would care about these guys..keeping certain players who fail time and time again to learn to behave (not naming names) is testament to that. Its about keeping the server numbers up, nevermind whether it affects legit players or creates an unpleasant gaming culture
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 05:42:39 pm by Grumbs »

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2012, 06:02:50 pm »
+1
I don't think you can comment on analogies when you weighed in with a capitol punishment one first off. Its completely nonsensical to bring this down to analogies with real life stuff, its 2 totally different mediums

With regards autoblock, personally I do care if my team mates are artificially helping my team. I want a fair game were my and my enemies teams actions determine the outcome, not augmented skills on either team

Its not just the autoblock either. Any cheater you catch, especially something long term is an opportunity to remove someone with that cheater mentality. You don't know whatever else they may have used or be willing to use. I don't even know why you give them the time of day. If the game was booming and there were thousands more players I doubt anyone would care about these guys..keeping certain players who fail time and time again to learn to behave (not naming names) is testament to that. Its about keeping the server numbers up, nevermind whether it affects legit players or creates an unpleasant gaming culture

Except that the analogy was entirely logical? If a society has absolutely no use for a criminal, then as far as that society is concerned, they might as well impose the death penalty upon them, because at least then, they could do no harm. Permanently removing someone from a society is also analogous to the death penalty, as far as the society would be concerned, both have exactly the same effect. Thus, permanently removing someone from a gaming community (a permanent ban) would be analogous to the death penalty.

Holy fucking shit, was that so hard to understand?

Any cheater you catch, especially something long term is an opportunity to remove someone with that cheater mentality. You don't know whatever else they may have used or be willing to use.

I believe I mentioned this one already as well, it's called Presumption of Innocence.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2012, 06:11:20 pm »
It doesn't work because you're comparing to real life and real crimes, real deaths. Its like comparing people to chocolate chip cookiees when they can't think of a suitable comparison. In game terms you don't need to "rehabilitate" for certain offences. There is a multitude of factors that impact the way people are treated for crimes irl, in games you only lose your chance to play a computer game.

Anyway, less of the analogies. They just don't apply here

There is no need for a presumption of innocence with cheaters in a computer game. They already made it obvious they can't be trusted and may have got away with anything else.

Just my opinion anyway, don't want to hog the thread. I'll leave it at that for now