Author Topic: Hospitaller Hacking in Day Z  (Read 19483 times)

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
Re: Hospitaller Hacking in Day Z
« Reply #150 on: July 11, 2012, 03:34:04 am »
I don't know what renown is, but maybe it is tied to healing tents oh ho ho ho

Hey, healing tents are AWESOME. Still wished i could build them in like 4 material. Had a whole getup especially for being a doctor.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 11, 2012, 03:55:04 am »
Every time I've played DayZ I've had to deal with hackers...it's so annoying. Good riddance.

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lemmy_Winks
« Reply #152 on: July 11, 2012, 04:13:22 am »
Also, I'll miss trying to kill illusive man if he's gone.

I was under the assumption that his illusive man CRPG account had been perma banned for auto blocking (yes a second time) and he didnt post in the thread to try to get unbanned as he was already on thin ice with the hospitaller leadership. From the day after the ban wave onward he was back on his troyicide account (it would be a strange coincidence), i saw him running around with basically nothing as he had transfered all his gold and items to his illusive man account. Has anyone actually seen illusive man in game since the auto-block ban-wave? I was pretty mad about this and was going to ask him about it before i unfriended him on steam and left Hospitaller, but i didnt get around to it.

Offline Herkkutatti666

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player
  • Rips pärs
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 11, 2012, 04:15:51 am »
ban he from the internet
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 04:25:35 am by Morso »

Offline Kreczor

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the qt crew
  • Game nicks: Kreczor_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Kreczor
« Reply #154 on: July 11, 2012, 05:44:19 am »
I was under the assumption that his illusive man CRPG account had been perma banned for auto blocking (yes a second time) and he didnt post in the thread to try to get unbanned as he was already on thin ice with the hospitaller leadership. From the day after the ban wave onward he was back on his troyicide account (it would be a strange coincidence), i saw him running around with basically nothing as he had transfered all his gold and items to his illusive man account. Has anyone actually seen illusive man in game since the auto-block ban-wave? I was pretty mad about this and was going to ask him about it before i unfriended him on steam and left Hospitaller, but i didnt get around to it.
I am curious, why DID you leave hosp anyways? People keep telling me you didn't.

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lemmy_Winks
« Reply #155 on: July 11, 2012, 06:38:35 am »
+7
I am curious, why DID you leave hosp anyways? People keep telling me you didn't.

The only reason i joined a clan in the first place was to learn about and play strat, which i knew nothing about at the time which was like 8 months ago. I became bored of strat recently and was tired of having to consistently check in for orders to do various things. I didnt want to have any responsibilities in CRPG (a game i play to take a break from my responsibilities) and given that i didnt want to partake in strat anymore there was no more reason for me to really stay in the clan anymore. After i didnt want to paly strat anymore the only benefits of being in the clan were being occasionally harassed to get in TS when i didnt want to or being team balanced with them (which wasn't always a good thing).

Then when troy got banned a second time for auto-blocking (supposedly) it made me look at the things he had done in the past in a different light (he has done more than you know), and ive always hated cheaters so that made me dislike troy who was my main contact with the clan, i rarely ever went in team speak or talked to anyone but him or devestator. It also made me lose some respect for the clan itself and its leadership, tolerating his behavior for a long time without really doing anything about it (taking away a meaningless rank for a few weeks is not an adequate punishment "zomg im a noble i can ban people from our TS server").

Also their recruitment strategy of basically inviting literally anyone into the clan regardless of their reputation (They have invited some unsavory people like Gomer, Algaroth, and some others i wont mention) was something i always had a problem with. I had always disapproved of their careless mass recruitment. But ya this indifference to the cheating/griefing/exploiting being engaged in by some of the players got to me a bit and it encouraged me to leave (darkwulf and sil where cheating in that video same as troy, were they kicked out too?), but losing interest in strat was still the main reason. Although this whole day z hacking incident has only made me view troy and to an extent the clan in a more negative light, but most of them are good guys.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 06:41:37 am by Lemmy_Winks »

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 11, 2012, 06:41:29 am »
Thats why I didnt buy ARMA and probably never will. Il just keep playin ARMA 2: free. 

Why buy a game, only to get raped by hackers later?

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
« Reply #157 on: July 11, 2012, 10:59:39 pm »
The only reason i joined a clan in the first place was to learn about and play strat, which i knew nothing about at the time which was like 8 months ago. I became bored of strat recently and was tired of having to consistently check in for orders to do various things. I didnt want to have any responsibilities in CRPG (a game i play to take a break from my responsibilities) and given that i didnt want to partake in strat anymore there was no more reason for me to really stay in the clan anymore. After i didnt want to paly strat anymore the only benefits of being in the clan were being occasionally harassed to get in TS when i didnt want to or being team balanced with them (which wasn't always a good thing).

Then when troy got banned a second time for auto-blocking (supposedly) it made me look at the things he had done in the past in a different light (he has done more than you know), and ive always hated cheaters so that made me dislike troy who was my main contact with the clan, i rarely ever went in team speak or talked to anyone but him or devestator. It also made me lose some respect for the clan itself and its leadership, tolerating his behavior for a long time without really doing anything about it (taking away a meaningless rank for a few weeks is not an adequate punishment "zomg im a noble i can ban people from our TS server").

Also their recruitment strategy of basically inviting literally anyone into the clan regardless of their reputation (They have invited some unsavory people like Gomer, Algaroth, and some others i wont mention) was something i always had a problem with. I had always disapproved of their careless mass recruitment. But ya this indifference to the cheating/griefing/exploiting being engaged in by some of the players got to me a bit and it encouraged me to leave (darkwulf and sil where cheating in that video same as troy, were they kicked out too?), but losing interest in strat was still the main reason. Although this whole day z hacking incident has only made me view troy and to an extent the clan in a more negative light, but most of them are good guys.
Stupid ignorant comment

You were never truly part of Hospitaller if you're saying such things. I still don't understand why you were even allowed to stay or be let in due to the fact one of the requirements for being in this clan is to be actively in TS. Thats how we get to know people and ironically how we recruit people and if you only talked to devastator and Troy how can you even lose respect for people you don't even know? They are only two people in a clan who has about 100 members and about half of them still actively play Crpg and really how many of them are hackers and greifers or even trolls?

As for Gomer we didn't even let him put our tags on because he never made it through our recruitment process and we got rid of Algaroth because he was shitty person. To make things even better we now got rid of you apparently we're having a well needed purge of the faithless people who were undeservedly a part of this clan. What makes me even more pissed is the fact that other clans know more about us than you do. And you're stupid enough to post a shitty ignorant bullshit post about us.

Phew feels good to let my nerd rage out but yeah screw you Lemmy I doubt you even know who our "Leadership" is.
My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 11, 2012, 11:12:13 pm »
+5
Calm the **** down Spanish. LOL

He presented his thoughts in a pretty respectable manner. You don't have to agree, but chill out. Don't personally attack him lol

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 11, 2012, 11:27:01 pm »
+4

This post reads like someone who's finally managed to leave Scientology or the Westboro Baptist Church, except they are still suffering a bit from stockholm syndrome and are still trying to justify the suffering their cult enacted on themselves and everyone around them.  But its a start.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • Renown: 430
  • Infamy: 211
  • cRPG Player
  • TotallyTugBoat on Steam
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOAT CLAN
  • Game nicks: TugBOAT
« Reply #160 on: July 12, 2012, 01:24:09 am »
lol what. I was in Hospitaller for a bit. I didn't see any cult-like behavior or any evidence of any cheating. Their recruiting strategy isn't bad either. I dont see them actively seeking out these bad people. They are willing to give anyone a chance and that is commendable.

Offline robert_namo

• Count
  • Renown: 170
  • Infamy: 55
  • I don't understand.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis "of the Stars"
  • Game nicks: Robert_Namo_Astralis
« Reply #161 on: July 12, 2012, 01:43:49 am »
I don't know about you guys but hospitaller archers and other ranged members grief me all the time by running for miles, that's a step closer to troll than anything.

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
« Reply #162 on: July 12, 2012, 02:19:24 am »
+3
I don't know about you guys but hospitaller archers and other ranged members grief me all the time by running for miles, that's a step closer to troll than anything.

Maybe if you had some agi in your build you'd catch them.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #163 on: July 12, 2012, 09:21:40 am »
+10

Maybe if you had some agi in your build you'd catch them.
woah woah calm down

we all know namo has some agi in his build.
(click to show/hide)
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #164 on: July 12, 2012, 05:40:45 pm »
This post reads like someone who's finally managed to leave Scientology or the Westboro Baptist Church, except they are still suffering a bit from stockholm syndrome and are still trying to justify the suffering their cult enacted on themselves and everyone around them.  But its a start.

Considering he was literally never in teamspeak, take it with a grain of salt.  As far as I'm concerned, Lemmy wore the hospitaller banner, and that was it.

I do think he has a good point about illusive man, I never did see him after the latest autoblock ban wave.  I'd be curious if he was dumb enough to use autoblock after being punished for it once. 

Lemmy I never knew troy was your contact in hospitallers, that would explain a lot about your situation I guess.  The only thing any of really knew about you, was what you post on the forums. And most of the time it was rage posts and QQ'ing about things being overpowered.  I never really agreed with much you had to say on the forums, and never understood why you wanted to be part of the faction if you weren't going to be in teamspeak with the same people who were in the battle server as you.

And if strategus really that hard to coordinate your efforts?  You login every 3 days and transfer your crafted goods or troops to the village or castle, it takes 3 minutes.  Seems like a lot of effort to coordinate.  One individual makes a huge difference in strategus, even though you don't necessarily see it directly.
 - Stolen from Macropussy