Poll

Do you want open flat maps on EU1?

Yes
33 (41.8%)
No
46 (58.2%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Author Topic: Open flat maps on EU1 for increased teamplay and use of tactics  (Read 4723 times)

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
Re: Open flat maps on EU1 for increased teamplay and use of tactics
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2012, 05:03:13 pm »
+3
Those complaining that they hate it are just rambo's who obviously don't like team play.

I don't see any connection between teamplay and standing still for like 2 minutes, it is not any kind of teamwork. This game doesn't allow to move in formations, there are too many variables, different movement speed etc. Team play on public servers is limited to cooperation between few players, most common is following the mob but that's kinda different story. Even all the range players that I know from TS don't even like to shoot from behind the shieldwall, and I really don't give a fuck how battles looked like, if I would like stand still in formations I would probably do it in Napoleonic Wars where players role play the most retarded period in the history of military.

Right now people play like they had no brain.

I really can't recall if they ever behaved otherwise in cRPG, avarage Native players are faar more competent teamplayers then the ones that we have in cRPG, I guess that is becouse of the fact that Native scene is more competetive, lots of players are in the clans that have regulary trainings, matches etc. that does the difference.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 05:09:29 pm by Dalhi »

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2012, 05:05:41 pm »
hilarious suggestion from someone who AFAIK only plays cav.

In that case I would rather want flat village maps 24/7 as they make it possible for me to backstab and get away from horse archers.
The onyl reason I posted this was to improve teamplay. Right now people play like they had no brain.

Besides I don't just play cavalry.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2012, 05:06:54 pm »
I don't see any connection between teamplay and standing still for like 2 minutes, it is not any kind of teamwork. This game doesn't allow to move in formations, there are too many variables, different movement speed etc. Team play on public servers is limited to cooperation between few players, most common is following the mob but that's kinda different story. Even all the range players that I know from TS don't even like to shoot from behind the shieldwall, and I really don't give a fuck how battles looked like, if I would like stand still in formations I would probably do it in Napoleonic Wars where players role play the most retarded period in the history of military.

Tell that to our hoplite clan. We've had some pretty epic shield wall battles on bridges ect after getting 20 odd guys into a shield walls against an enemy shield wall. The organisation and formation is perfectly possible through chat. I just prefer the realism of a shield wall battle to the zomg run in circles around each other and try and gank each other battles we have now. Just seems more exciting, but that's my personal preference. I'm not arguing to make every damn map a plains but I think a few more is reasonable.

Offline Brrrak

• Earl
  • Renown: 442
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brrrak
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2012, 05:07:33 pm »
+1
I've never seen a wide-open, flat map where both teams actively play Medieval Battle Simulator 2003; this generally has only happened on maps with hills, or chokepoints, which people can set up the shield wall that is oft-vaunted (and oft-neglected, if you can move while in a shield wall instead of just standing still, I can't imagine that cohesion not giving you an advantage) and support it.  Wide-open, flat maps generally have lent themselves to both sides stretching out to one rank, however-many-players-on-your-team columns, running at each other and a few smart people going "Oh, we can put extra pressure there" and little pockets of fighting going on.  Small-scale individual tactics, nothing wrong with those.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2012, 05:10:16 pm »
Christo's going to expose this spoiler, I know it.

Thought it's going to be "enjoy".

Do it right man.  :wink:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2012, 05:23:03 pm »
It's a bit dissapointing that people are too stupid to realize that one big blob fighting against another will indirectly nerf cavalry.
Right now people can't even follow the blob because they lose sight of them because of the map. This results in backstabbing as the enemy is scattered.

Using open flat maps will teach players to stick together. When they have learned we can use other maps as well. Maybe.
Also, to those of you complaing about spawn raping, do you ever wait for your teamates if you spawn early or do you just leave them behind?

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2012, 06:16:28 pm »
It's a bit dissapointing that people are too stupid to realize that one big blob fighting against another will indirectly nerf cavalry.
Right now people can't even follow the blob because they lose sight of them because of the map. This results in backstabbing as the enemy is scattered.

Using open flat maps will teach players to stick together. When they have learned we can use other maps as well. Maybe.
Also, to those of you complaing about spawn raping, do you ever wait for your teamates if you spawn early or do you just leave them behind?

We want no big blob fighting eachother and we want no cavalry racing over the map with their F22 Raptor and couching everyone to death, accept it.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2012, 06:21:12 pm »
This isn't new, open plains do force the infs to stick together and teamplay. It's only natural that they oppose that.  :rolleyes:

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2012, 06:23:43 pm »
This isn't new, open plains do force the infs to stick together and teamplay.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

We dont want us to be forced by making cav shitty op.
I`m playin to have fun (12/27 thrower), dun want to be forced to play it like Chess.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 06:28:20 pm by sF_Guardian »
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Protemus

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 270
  • cRPG Player
  • EZ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan EZ kills
  • Game nicks: niluK_the_Annoying aka EZ
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2012, 06:37:45 pm »
I have to agree with Dalhi,that guy is so right...where is teamplay in standing 4 minutes on oposite spawns or even better,on oposite hills and wating for flags to apear,where is here FUN for ANYONE,that's not a teamplay for sure,as much as I know it's usually called CAMPING and DELAYING

I WANT VARIETY,SCREW REALISTIC HISTORICAL BATLLES !!!!
Quote from: Melee Gaming
Protemus, You have received a warning for non-relevant posts in ban section also for personal attacks with disgusting insults on the forums. Chill out and enjoy the game. Regards, cRPG Team

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2012, 06:39:19 pm »
+4
Na is full of open flat maps. You know what happens? Melee get shot to pieces by archers or killed by cav. No matter what you do, archers kite you until the cav kill you or simply surround you and shoot you from all directions. This isn't a perfect world where "armies" will fight. This is cRPG, where you will be kited to death by archers and couched by lancers.

Offline Protemus

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 270
  • cRPG Player
  • EZ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan EZ kills
  • Game nicks: niluK_the_Annoying aka EZ
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2012, 06:40:22 pm »
Na is full of open flat maps. You know what happens? Melee get shot to pieces by archers or killed by cav. No matter what you do, archers kite you until the cav kill you or simply surround you and shoot you from all directions. This isn't a perfect world where "armies" will fight. This is cRPG, where you will be kited to death by archers and couched by lancers.

You took the words from my mouths my NA amigo
Quote from: Melee Gaming
Protemus, You have received a warning for non-relevant posts in ban section also for personal attacks with disgusting insults on the forums. Chill out and enjoy the game. Regards, cRPG Team

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2012, 06:46:08 pm »

Finally someone who knows what he speaks about.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2012, 06:56:57 pm »
Dont rush, advance together and get shields. Most open battles in EU 1 end with only meleers on the field for some reason.

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2012, 07:11:09 pm »
Seriously, how come there are not ONLY randomly generated open flat maps on EU1 already?

I bet you all like teamplay and I know that crpg is supposed to be a teamplay based game with different classes (pros/cons) working together.

This is what would happen with open flat maps where everyone can see each other:

- People learn to stick with their team as they get spawnraped or ganked by cavalry if they don't (seeing all teamates and enemies helps a lot)
- Teams moving as one unit with different classes helping each other (eg. archers behind shielders defended by pikemen).
- Shield wall formations
- Less spawnraping and backstabbing by melee cavalry thanks to tighter enemy formations

After a while we have ARMIES fighting each other instead of the currrent "Free-for-all"-battles with people scattered all over the maps not using tactics at all.

Later on we will see more us of:

- Battle groups
- Tactics
- Formations

In the end, when all of this gets to "slow" / repetetive / boring we can start to increase game speed and/or buffing.
I know many of you dislike how slow crpg is right now but people need to learn to work together and teamplay before it can be done.

you are right Riddaren about open maps increasing team play but you are talking to the wrong crowd, what you have on forums is very strong infantry rambo lobby, the + of post shows it, they want to have their rambo runs with as less distractions (ranged, cav) as possible, teamplay is not their way