Poll

Do you want open flat maps on EU1?

Yes
33 (41.8%)
No
46 (58.2%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Author Topic: Open flat maps on EU1 for increased teamplay and use of tactics  (Read 4701 times)

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
Seriously, how come there are not ONLY randomly generated open flat maps on EU1 already?

I bet you all like teamplay and I know that crpg is supposed to be a teamplay based game with different classes (pros/cons) working together.

This is what would happen with open flat maps where everyone can see each other:

- People learn to stick with their team as they get spawnraped or ganked by cavalry if they don't (seeing all teamates and enemies helps a lot)
- Teams moving as one unit with different classes helping each other (eg. archers behind shielders defended by pikemen).
- Shield wall formations
- Less spawnraping and backstabbing by melee cavalry thanks to tighter enemy formations

After a while we have ARMIES fighting each other instead of the currrent "Free-for-all"-battles with people scattered all over the maps not using tactics at all.

Later on we will see more us of:

- Battle groups
- Tactics
- Formations

In the end, when all of this gets to "slow" / repetetive / boring we can start to increase game speed and/or buffing.
I know many of you dislike how slow crpg is right now but people need to learn to work together and teamplay before it can be done.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 03:46:26 pm by Riddaren »

Offline Fuma Kotaro

• Marshall
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm Fubadubbaduma
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Duck
  • Game nicks: Fuma + sth
  • IRC nick: sF_Leonidas
Re: Open flat maps on EU1 for increased teamplay and use of tactics
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 03:44:48 pm »
There are only a few clans that are teamplaying and this would give us even more cav spam
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 03:46:25 pm »
I remember one randomly generated flat open map with a river, I ran across the river, up behind the enemy shieldwall, then threw all my gear at their backs. :mrgreen:
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 03:46:52 pm »
+2
Open flat maps?
No wonder that this is a suggestion of a cav player, go spawnrape in hell.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 03:49:29 pm »
+4
Flat maps are getting boring after a time, they are also better for lancers and cav in general and harder to play for dedicated shielders or crossbowers. Village maps are the most balanced maps after all, you can hide behind a building and cav still has enough place to fight properly. Also without the ladders in crpg there is no roof camping.

Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 03:50:45 pm »
+1
Open flat maps?
No wonder that this is a suggestion of a cav player, go spawnrape in hell.
Spawnraping is much more easy in village maps were all enemy infs and archers and HAs won't spot you 'cuss they've run inside a village.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2012, 03:51:35 pm »
+1
Village maps are the most balanced maps after all,
lol

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2012, 03:53:36 pm »
Yay, more boring camping pls!

Offline Fuma Kotaro

• Marshall
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm Fubadubbaduma
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Duck
  • Game nicks: Fuma + sth
  • IRC nick: sF_Leonidas
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2012, 03:54:47 pm »
Actually flat maps are op for cav
Village maps are op for ranged and inf
Lets make a map with both and the flags only spawn around the village (max 5m away from the wall)

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2012, 03:55:11 pm »
This ain't going to happen because if it does then all players will whine more about cav and I am pretty much sick of hearing people cry about Cav every single day, especially crying about GK mostly
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 01:18:05 pm by AlexTheDragon »

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2012, 03:59:39 pm »
+3
Seriously, how come there are not ONLY randomly generated open flat maps on EU1 already?

Because the "randomly generated open flat maps" turn out to be full of hills, and nonsense like that.

I really suggest renaming battle mode to "Skirmish", or something like that though. Real Battles were fought on Open Plains.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Fips

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2012, 04:02:29 pm »
+3
Yea but in medieval time most of the battle are fight in open maps because all commander want cavalry support, on some of the village map cavalry will become useless, in those village maps people just charging at each other withou without having to use much tactics (Except against ranged), ranged gets a bonus on those maps, however on plain  maps people will start to use tactics and start to use construction gear such as siege shield, if on round 1 team a is raped completely, on round 2 they will start to think what kind of tactic they need to use to win

check the mongols battle, almost 100% of them are on open plains

You are always the first one to go spawnraping, who the hell cares what you think, srsly =O

Just keep towns/villages/open plains/others balanced like they are now. Open plains are fun for archers and cav, yeah, but just camping at a shield wall for some time on the beginning of each and every fucking round would be just a huge "fuck you" towards infantry.

Offline Rheinhardt

• Noble
  • Renown: 22
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2012, 04:05:23 pm »
+2
What's all this "camping a shield wall is a huge 'fuck you' to infantry" talk. As an infantryman with a two-slot shield I love the chance to stand in the shield wall. If anything, its a 'fuck you' to the 2handers who otherwise dominate melee. And frankly, fuck 2handers.

Offline Fips

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2012, 04:06:46 pm »
What's all this "camping a shield wall is a huge 'fuck you' to infantry" talk. As an infantryman with a two-slot shield I love the chance to stand in the shield wall. If anything, its a 'fuck you' to the 2handers who otherwise dominate melee. And frankly, fuck 2handers.
Played shielder for 2 gens and it bored the hell out of me to stand in shieldwalls. But maybe that's just me.

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2012, 04:19:50 pm »
Played shielder for 2 gens and it bored the hell out of me to stand in shieldwalls. But maybe that's just me.

No, not just you, that is the reason why I played DTV (old one) for less then 30 minutes after that I never joined that server again  :lol:. I rarely stand in shieldwalls and if I do it's just for a short while, then I always press "T" and do other stuff like stretching fingers etc.