Author Topic: Kinda scared of USA now........  (Read 2605 times)

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
Kinda scared of USA now........
« on: July 06, 2012, 12:18:47 pm »
+2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6r1IcY1pv0

Ending kinda scares the shit out of me. Supporting wars against nations that they havent even ever heard of is kinda scary and serius..........

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Kinda scared of USA now........
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 12:25:50 pm »
+5
Now? They've been waging wars against nations for "world peace" for decades. I wonder why they haven't went to Syria yet... probably not enough oil for "world peace" there

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 12:57:27 pm »
+3
It's also kinda scary you can select all the dumbest people you find to do a biased video but when it's Americans it sounds legit

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 01:47:16 pm »
+11
You can do the same shit in every country of the world if you just leave the normal answers out and focus on the dumb fucks.

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 02:29:54 pm »
Ye, im pretty sure its edited that only keep the dumb awnsers....but still.......

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 02:32:27 pm »
You can do the same shit in every country of the world if you just leave the normal answers out and focus on the dumb fucks.

This.

The lack of geographical knowledge is shocking, though.

I'm not a walking GPS/World Map either, but damn.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 02:44:03 pm »
+2
The lack of geographical knowlege wasnt suprising to me, this is the problem that occurs in all countries. What shocked me was the lack of knowledge of history. Fidel Castro was a singer...wtf?...............

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 02:52:17 pm »
+5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6r1IcY1pv0

Ending kinda scares the shit out of me. Supporting wars against nations that they havent even ever heard of is kinda scary and serius..........

Yep, nothing more terrifying in this world than fat middle-aged Texicans in cowboy hats saying they would support George W Bush's (former governor of Texas) foreign policy, while the smug Australian comedian who is stealing a (particularly unfunny) Jay Leno bit frames the question with the context that "George W Bush said Kyrgyzstan was a threat to domestic security."  So they aren't supporting senseless war and genocide, they are (senselessly but earnestly) supporting their president.

Just like the comedian is appealing to the trust and patriotism some people have in America's leaders to make them look foolish, this entire bit only works based on you the viewer's prejudiced assumptions and bias of Americans as a whole, while using a targeted, selected-sample (with all divergences edited out) of southern/texas "folky" Americans. 

There is no difference to liking this clip and feeling like it reassures your beliefs and fears in Americans, then there is in hearing about Bernie Madoff's financial fraud and having that reaffirm your belief that einstein was correct in trying to exterminate the world of jews, or hearing about a gang-related act of violence in an American city and thinking "friends are all disgusting uneevolved rapist apes."

So congratulations.  You have outed yourself as an ignorant, hateful bigot, joining at least 1/3 of your fellow cRPG forum posters.  How does that make you feel?

My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline NuberT

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: NuberT_HRE
  • IRC nick: NuberT_HRE
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 03:21:51 pm »
I would say the education-level is going down in every western country for decades now and this probably on purpose..

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2012, 03:34:23 pm »
Oh, you can do this shit in kinda every country. Do that in Germany and asked if Germany won all wars, there will be people saying "We did!".
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline bilwit

• Agent provocateur
  • Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 181
  • The toast is anarchy!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Billy_Whitmore, Andre_Whitmore, Gideon_Stargrave
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2012, 06:51:42 pm »

Oh, you can do this shit in kinda every country. Do that in Germany and asked if Germany won all wars, there will be people saying "We did!".

Of course, that's why it's a comedy skit and not an analytic documentary. It's supposed to be funny. The fake map test was unreal :lol:

Most of us are currently living off relatives, friends, parttime-jobs or savings, to be able to work as much and cheaply as possible.

Offline Herkkutatti666

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player
  • Rips pärs
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2012, 06:57:29 pm »
Only dumb people in the video or everyone in America is dumb.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2012, 07:58:17 pm »
Yep, nothing more terrifying in this world than fat middle-aged Texicans in cowboy hats saying they would support George W Bush's (former governor of Texas) foreign policy, while the smug Australian comedian who is stealing a (particularly unfunny) Jay Leno bit frames the question with the context that "George W Bush said Kyrgyzstan was a threat to domestic security."  So they aren't supporting senseless war and genocide, they are (senselessly but earnestly) supporting their president.

Just like the comedian is appealing to the trust and patriotism some people have in America's leaders to make them look foolish, this entire bit only works based on you the viewer's prejudiced assumptions and bias of Americans as a whole, while using a targeted, selected-sample (with all divergences edited out) of southern/texas "folky" Americans. 

There is no difference to liking this clip and feeling like it reassures your beliefs and fears in Americans, then there is in hearing about Bernie Madoff's financial fraud and having that reaffirm your belief that einstein was correct in trying to exterminate the world of jews, or hearing about a gang-related act of violence in an American city and thinking "friends are all disgusting uneevolved rapist apes."

So congratulations.  You have outed yourself as an ignorant, hateful bigot, joining at least 1/3 of your fellow cRPG forum posters.  How does that make you feel?

Really, I dont feel so bad. The video was more for lolz anyway than an acctual fact. You dont have to get all flamy when someone slightly touches your precious USA. I just tought id show a vid since alot of America threads have been made recently.

And how am I a hateful bigot? I dont hate America, I just hate the fucking patriotism. Cant talk to a person without him waving his fcking flag every 2 minutes. Mybe im jelly cause I never felt patriotic about anything and I just dont know anything about it. And cause of you becoming all whiny and shit I think you should join the 1/3 aswell. :

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2012, 01:51:18 am »
There's more bits than just this. There Was one about Californians identifying other states. It's quite funny, but I also recall ppl from high school that thought Europe was a country (of course those were also the ppl still taking basic math classes).

But I bet they had to do at least 500 surveys just to find the 20-25 dumbfucks in the video.

I also played diablo 2 with a German guy who thought Indiana was in India. :)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 01:55:55 am by Havoco »
Pock gobblers

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2012, 05:57:40 am »
+4
Wait, what the fuck, jesus. I swear I read this thread weeks ago, but all the posts claim to be from today. Maybe I've seen the same dumb arguments unfold so many times that it's all blending together, or maybe I'm legitimately having prophetic dreams about stupid forum garbage.

Listen: you should be afraid of idiots. Especially when they get together and agree on stuff, because that's basically the beginning of the end for anyone who thinks. It doesn't matter if they're in Canada, or Brazil, China, Germany, or Botswana. Political borders have no effect on the spread of their kind, and they are prolific breeders.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.