Poll

Who would Win?

Former Shogunate
98 (73.7%)
Red Lotus Clan
35 (26.3%)

Total Members Voted: 132

Author Topic: Former Shogunate Vs Red Lotus Clan  (Read 5541 times)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Former Shogunate Vs Red Lotus Clan
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2012, 07:39:35 pm »
+1
I remember Shogunate being pretty beast in summer 2011, when the clan battle scene was alive and they were always winning or nearly winning. Always able to field a squad of triple A players.

We need to revitalize clan competitivity!

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2012, 07:47:13 pm »
+1
Didn't Mori use a long hafted blade?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ujio

• Knight
  • Renown: 70
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2012, 07:58:33 pm »
actually ujio lookin at your name its super familiar... You might of been the one even recruited ME back ages ago lol... if u remember we had couple conversations before i left. I remember i wanted to lead Shogunate NA... but it was givin to older player Oda. o welllll shoulda let me :D Would of grown in NA

No I was never a member of Shogunate, you're probably confusing me with Ujin. Happened a couple of times.

Didn't Mori use a long hafted blade?

Yeah I remember seeing a guy in Shogunate with the name Mori, who was often on Horseback with a polearm of some kind, probably Halfted blade.

Didn't Memento Mori used to lead the Mori clan within the Shogunate at one point? Probably the same guy you're referring to
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 08:05:14 pm by Ujio »

"By protecting Men, you save yourself."

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2012, 08:20:50 pm »
+1
We need to revitalize clan competitivity!

I've actually been thinking of having the Nordmen host a clan tournament for a while now, it's been too long since the Fallen one. Maybe when summer's over, and everyone is back to the daily grind.
Don't.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2012, 08:39:54 pm »
Shogunate, we had some epic pike combos going back then, barely ever lost (if ever, dont remember  :rolleyes:)! Good times :')
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2012, 09:30:07 pm »
+1
I'm not familiar with the original Shogunate clan or its members, as I am not from EU and didn't pay attention to clans outside of NA until I started Strategus, but they sound tough. However, this thread seems more like an NA vs EU contest rather than clan vs clan.

During the glory days of RL we were hoping to be able to fight other weaboos competitively. We wanted to wage war with the Ninja but ping would surely decide the victor. We definitely would have fought the old Shogunate if it existed. There can only be one Shogun after all. ;)

As previously mentioned, our original roster included the best of the best NA samurai/ninja, hands down. The only exception was pretty much Zoleta, who remained loyal to TkoV. I'm not sure what type if formations or gear the old Shogunate used but we pretty much just tried to "look like samurai" and play with whatever looks best. We weren't going for all the cost efficient or easy-to-use set ups.

Some of you have been mentioning that this thread is about a living clan vs a dead clan, I'm curious to know which one is the living clan. o.O

As far as matching a large clan vs a small one, there really isn't much to debate there. Of course the bigger one would win, granted they had any skilled players at all.

As far as matching 1 vs 1 man to man, I can not say who would win, but I can say RL would not get steamrolled and in the event of losing, we would definitely have defeated the majority of their players.

More interestingly...

We speak of these two clans fighting each other, and boast about their strengths, but imagine if they were to have joined together.
(click to show/hide)
That would have been a very solid force to be reckoned with and might have been able to work wonders in Strategus.

Offline Lansamur

• Count
  • Renown: 232
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lansamur, The_Prisoner,Beer_Storage, Carebear_Ravenei
  • IRC nick: Lansamur
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2012, 09:58:34 pm »
+5
The old Shogunate clan reorganized themselves to Basilea ton Romaion end of last year, if I remember correctly, so Shogunate is the dead clan, while you are at least somewhat alive.^^

Now, my memories are slightly distortiened and not really complete any more, but having fought on Shogunate side in first Strategus (the very first) several times and even having been allowed to command the infantry part in a 1600v1600 against Druzhina, I can say: They knew their stuff back then. Ujin, being the founder and leader of the clan, was a tactical and strategical mastermind, although not all of the formed plans worked out well in the end, as we simply didn't have the numbers in players as the aforementioned Druzhinas or other East-Block countries. They whooped asses in all of the tournaments they took part in, and won at least 9/10 clanwars, if not all of them (check their clanthread - Battle-spoiler for their clanwarresults). Simply put, if they could field their topsquad, no clan, no matter NA or EU, would've had a chance against them in a straight 10v10 or 15v15 match. And no, this isn't some asslickery, that's pretty much hard facts. They didn't have the best solo-players overall like others do, but they more than made up for it in teamwork.
[22:17] <@chadz> congratz cmpxchg8b, you managed to put 995 errors into the item sheet!
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> epic winning
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> beat that Fasader

Offline Ujio

• Knight
  • Renown: 70
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2012, 08:06:33 pm »
More interestingly...

We speak of these two clans fighting each other, and boast about their strengths, but imagine if they were to have joined together.
(click to show/hide)
That would have been a very solid force to be reckoned with and might have been able to work wonders in Strategus.

I think there would have been more than Seven of them though
Nice picture by the way :D

Cheers for the detailed answer Lansamur, that list of Battles in their Clan thread really says a lot.

What happened to their Youtube channel, under "Media" though? Was looking forward to watching some of their Battles
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 08:10:59 pm by Ujio »

"By protecting Men, you save yourself."

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2012, 10:09:21 pm »
+2
Memento mori would wipe all of them out 1 on 1. Rl is tiny tho. And i would also dare to say mori would wipe majority of euro players easily.

Well, one-eyed guy is king of blind people.................its common knowledge that Americans are good in three things:
1) with their mouth aka talk
2) sleeping (alone)
3) eating

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2012, 10:20:28 pm »
+3
They didn't have the best solo-players overall like others do

Chase is one of the best (if not the best) two-hander I have ever seen,

and this 1h-cav guy on the Sarranid horse (not sure what his name was) is a menace, even for the best lancers.

Jackie has a really small penis, but he continously improved his combat skill and is now a player who can handle all classes very well.

So in addition to what you said, they have top solo players, and the rest of them obviously understands to back them up.