Author Topic: Getting from lvl 30 to 31 takes too long.  (Read 6274 times)

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
Re: Getting from lvl 30 to 31 takes too long.
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2011, 06:10:32 pm »
I totally disagree with the 'waaah level 30-31 takes too long'-whine.

For me, level 30 is too short! 

I'm serious. I love being level 30.

My build is finished at level 30, so if i die, i can't blame my low level.

I can finally really focus on teamplay and the use of tactics when i'm level 30. I'm fast on foot, fast on mount and everything is just much easier. And I can play tournaments at level 30 (like i did yesterday)!
Commanding and leading the troops is great at level 30. I have more hitpoints, hit for a lot of damage and killstreaks happen more, etcetera.
And dueling is more fun at level 30! Also, i just like the feeling that my character is finished and i get a few days to get used to it. No more changes in movement speed, no move improvements in damage done or the hitpoints i have. Finally, i get to really focus on my play... get to experiment with equipment and clearly experience the differences without having the constant leveling up to make comparisons harder.

There are so many reasons why level 30 is great. I say: please make level 30 longer, not shorter.  :)

if you find it to short then don't retire quite simple
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2011, 06:16:29 pm »
if you find it to short then don't retire quite simple
Heheh but but but i wants maah loomz!  :wink:
I like retireing and i like the variation of differnt builds and being different levels, but lately it seems like level 30 is gone before i know it... and then i kinda have to retire, because any extra experience would be wasted.

I know we don't have to retire, but knowing i'll waste xp i'd rather use for heirlooming stuff is just too much for the min-maxer in me.
I know, it's not a real problem or as we dutch would say a 'luxeprobleem'. But if it we're up to me, i'd make 0-30 even shorter and 30-31 even longer. Just my personal preference.

Offline La Makina

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Dedicated siege tower pusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2011, 06:39:56 pm »
It seems that those who find lvl 30 not so long are those whose generation is high enough to make lvl 30 factually not that long.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2011, 07:21:33 pm »
I started playing again more recently, after a break in which I had basically deleted my characters ( this was before the whole heirloom thing ) so I have got one character already retired now and nearly at level 30 again and have a HA that needs just 1 more mil to retire, both recently played through first gen basically and I am happy with the time it took, it shouldn't be any quicker otherwise after a few retires it will be too quick and easy and we'll see the system slowed down again, in which people will complain that the higher gen players or people that play alot had an advantage.

Basically, leave it as it is for now until a different or better system is made, adjusting the exp it takes to retire just creates an endless circle of whine, unless you wipe everyone then the whine will be huge for a moment, people will GTX, then those left ( most players ) just get on with it.

Offline Engine

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2011, 07:42:42 pm »
the 30-31 gap is pretty absurd. I get it and can deal with it... but I'm also Gen 10.

I remember when I FIRST started and was able to retire fairly quickly, it helped keep me in the game. I felt like I was customizing my character and had a cool piece of gear like the other vets.

Making it this hard to retire only hurts newer players. That is NOT what this mod needs.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2011, 07:52:48 pm »
Blah. Gen 10+ guys can take it easily.

But players like me, who just got interested in the generations and heirlooms, we find it a bit painful. I'm gen 2 right now, and I think 30-31 is still a pain in the ***.

Hope it will get better soon.  :wink:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Otaku_HyeZa

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Az élet mindig szép :)
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Korean
  • Game nicks: Hyen
« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2011, 08:05:50 pm »
Yes same :) too much time need to reach the 31 level but my character "the best" now lvl 27 and gen 1 :)

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2011, 08:57:40 pm »
The way I see it, is half of your time is spent leveling your character to 30, building up some gold and learning a new build, and the other half is being level 30, reaching max potential and burning your gold while leveling to 31.  Yes it takes a long time but being level 30 is where you reap your build's rewards, so making it shorter would probably ruin part of the experience.

I say leave as is.  It gets easier every new gen if that helps at all.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 08:59:22 pm by MrShine »
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2011, 09:04:44 pm »
It seems that those who find lvl 30 not so long are those whose generation is high enough to make lvl 30 factually not that long.

Gen 2 char now. 30 to 31 wasn't that bad as a Gen 1, just retired last night. Took a week or so of evenings after work.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2011, 09:19:34 pm »
But if it we're up to me, i'd make 0-30 even shorter and 30-31 even longer.
Yeah thats what I'd like too. The 20 lvls are such a pain in the ass cause my build hits its perfect point at 30. As soon as I hit 30 everything is all fine and dandy and i dont mind playing for a while with my character at its best, although more heirlooms always sound nice.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2011, 10:07:15 pm »
Yeah thats what I'd like too. The 20 lvls are such a pain in the ass cause my build hits its perfect point at 30. As soon as I hit 30 everything is all fine and dandy and i dont mind playing for a while with my character at its best, although more heirlooms always sound nice.

Couldn't agree more about the 0-30 part.

The other one.. well..   :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2011, 10:36:24 pm »
The way I see it, is half of your time is spent leveling your character to 30, building up some gold and learning a new build, and the other half is being level 30, reaching max potential and burning your gold while leveling to 31.  Yes it takes a long time but being level 30 is where you reap your build's rewards, so making it shorter would probably ruin part of the experience.

I say leave as is.  It gets easier every new gen if that helps at all.

good point
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2011, 11:37:50 pm »
I'm ok with how long it takes to get from 30 to 31 (main is Gen 4, retired once since patch) because like others have mentioned, it's your prime.  That said, I can see how it might feel like a grind for new players who only have time to play one character.  It's only a "grind" if you're not enjoying your character, so why not give people an option to switch it up by doing a re-roll of stats at 30 with a penalty of losing all gold/items except heirlooms?  That would leave things as they are for people who enjoy the current system and make the game fresh for new players who aren't enjoying their build or higher gen players who want to experiment with playing different classes from 30-31.  The gold/item wipe would prevent people from instantly transforming from a rich archer into a fully equipped tin can on plated charger.  It might also be a fun challenge to be at your full level 30 potential... but have to scrounge and beg for equipment at first.