Author Topic: NA Server Tactics  (Read 7825 times)

Offline Miracle

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: s0mali_piratez
  • Game nicks: Miracle
  • IRC nick: Miracle
Re: NA Server Tactics
« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2012, 06:09:30 am »
+1
Wow, since so many people seem to be missing the point, I'll just put it into bigger text and caps.

JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE IN A CLAN THAT LIKES "TEAMWORK" DOES NOT MEAN ANYONE HAS TO LISTEN TO YOU. YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO CALL PEOPLE THAT DON'T LISTEN TO YOU PUBBERS/STUPID/WHATEVER. IF YOU WANT TO DO YOUR CIRCLEJERK, FINE, BUT NO ONE IS OBLIGED TO FOLLOW SUIT AND LOSING THE ROUND IS NOT THE OTHER PEOPLES' FAULT IF THEY DON'T LISTEN TO YOU.

I'm sorry...I still don't follow.
also free allers, permaban digglez imo
is there anyone (NH members excluded) that would have an issue with that? basically allers is big pun and digglez is fat joe, nobody would say no to that trade

Offline Rheinhardt

• Noble
  • Renown: 22
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2012, 07:32:31 am »
+1
Look at it this way. Four guys split into two teams and play paper scissors rock. They all throw scissors every damn time, and the game is a draw. One guy says, hey, throw rock. He says fuck no, I'll go paper. The other team throws scissors. Paper gets shredded and then the two scissors beat the shit out of the rock together.

If you listened to the suggestion, you'd be drasticly increasing your chances to win. But since you don't listen to the suggestion, you practically assure your own defeat. He has as much a right to call you stupid for that as you have to call his strategy a "circlejerk".

Is nobody obliged to follow a self-appointed leader? Well, considering that through following that leader you improve your chance of the entire team winning, you could say you are obliged to the team.

And is it not your fault if the team loses because you do not fulfill your obligations to the team?

Consider if a player went and hid in the bushes all round and never fought at all. Is he just as free to do that as you are to charge into the melee? Sure. But he fails his obligation to the team by not fighting. He's a leecher, and we kick leechers because they weaken the team. And he's at partially at fault if the team loses as well, since he did nothing to contribute towards victory.

If, by disobeying the group to fulfill your own right to do whatever you want reduces your group's success rate, you're at fault.

So your fine capital letters are squandered and I'll see you on the field.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2012, 08:00:54 am »
The only kind of tactics really available to the public is GO RIGHT, GO LEFT, STAY TOGETHER. There's no real ability to organize random people in the servers. Joker had some ideas on this matter which I don't completely agree with but I definitely wouldn't have an issue with if it was implemented.

Most of the time tactics are done are done by clan members with their clan and they try their best to get the other randoms on their team to try their tactic which is usually camp or go a general direction.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rheinhardt

• Noble
  • Renown: 22
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2012, 08:07:33 am »
The only real organization being discussed in this thread is "go to defensible landmark A, stay together". There's nothing sophisticated about it at all.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2012, 08:12:09 am »
Yep. There's not many people that do anything that advanced in this game. No ambushes or advancing together, formations, etc.

Would be nice but most of the time its hard to do in public servers since not everyone will listen. Since not everyone listens, the tactic can work against the team since it pulls some people back or away from the group that didn't listen. Thus the team loses. Then the team usually blames the clan or people that tried to do the tactic which may be a great one but simply didn't work with half or less of the team listening to them.

Plus its easier to say "Go to ruins. Stay together!!" to a public server without trying anything more advanced.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2012, 03:10:43 pm »
Look at it this way. Four guys split into two teams and play paper scissors rock. They all throw scissors every damn time, and the game is a draw. One guy says, hey, throw rock. He says fuck no, I'll go paper. The other team throws scissors. Paper gets shredded and then the two scissors beat the shit out of the rock together.

If you listened to the suggestion, you'd be drasticly increasing your chances to win. But since you don't listen to the suggestion, you practically assure your own defeat. He has as much a right to call you stupid for that as you have to call his strategy a "circlejerk".

Is nobody obliged to follow a self-appointed leader? Well, considering that through following that leader you improve your chance of the entire team winning, you could say you are obliged to the team.

And is it not your fault if the team loses because you do not fulfill your obligations to the team?

Consider if a player went and hid in the bushes all round and never fought at all. Is he just as free to do that as you are to charge into the melee? Sure. But he fails his obligation to the team by not fighting. He's a leecher, and we kick leechers because they weaken the team. And he's at partially at fault if the team loses as well, since he did nothing to contribute towards victory.

If, by disobeying the group to fulfill your own right to do whatever you want reduces your group's success rate, you're at fault.

So your fine capital letters are squandered and I'll see you on the field.

Your analogy fails because it assumes the 'clan' has the correct strategy for a round.  I've seen countless times where "clan tactics!" is an abysmal mess even if most of the team goes along with it.

Swaggart's capital letters are just as valid as they were before: no one made "the clan" the authority on how to win or lose a round.  It isn't everyone else's fault for not listening to you, because why should they?  I could just as easily give opposite orders as "the clan" during a round, what makes the clan the one that everyone should listen to?

You will be far more successful leading by example: stick with the team and exhibit sound teamwork while supporting pubbers and clanmates alike, and before you know it you'll get most of the team following you naturally.  If people follow you, great!  If they don't, maybe you should keep working on making your gameplay known (and feared) by winning rounds & maintaining a good multiplier, and people will naturally start sticking with you.

Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2012, 03:15:19 pm »
Plus its easier to say "Go to ruins. Stay together!!" to a public server without trying anything more advanced.

The problem is when you shout "go to ruins, stick together" and half the people mill across the fields randomly. Because sticking in a blob and running to ruins is hard.

Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2012, 03:39:23 pm »
Nerf tactics!
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2012, 03:41:17 pm »
+3
ITS TOO BAD SPOOK ISLAND IS DEAD. NOW THAT GUY KNEW HOW TO LEAD A GROUP.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2012, 04:25:18 pm »
+5
ITS TOO BAD SPOOK ISLAND IS DEAD. NOW THAT GUY KNEW HOW TO LEAD A GROUP.

If only we had a man to repossess the spirit of Spook all our pubs could once again achieve constant x5.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #85 on: July 03, 2012, 07:54:30 pm »
+1
KUTT (as krutchy as they are  :?) has some of the best tactics and teamwork right now, atleast for siege ive seen. They actually stick together and work as a group and use their different builds and weapons to pry out the strengths and weaknesses of the opposing team.  They have shielders for protection, longspears/pikes for support, and throwers for close quarters range. All of these (plus the super plate they have) tie in to make one big steamroller. Love em or hate em its effective.

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #86 on: July 03, 2012, 08:07:53 pm »
"We don't have a mermaid science programme", National Ocean Service spokeswoman Carol Kavanagh told the BBC.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Miracle

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: s0mali_piratez
  • Game nicks: Miracle
  • IRC nick: Miracle
« Reply #87 on: July 03, 2012, 08:49:00 pm »
Building upon what Mr. KaMiKaZe said, the only way you are ever going to get teamwork is to nerf cav.
also free allers, permaban digglez imo
is there anyone (NH members excluded) that would have an issue with that? basically allers is big pun and digglez is fat joe, nobody would say no to that trade

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #88 on: July 03, 2012, 09:23:40 pm »
KUTT (as krutchy as they are  :?) has some of the best tactics and teamwork right now, atleast for siege ive seen. They actually stick together and work as a group and use their different builds and weapons to pry out the strengths and weaknesses of the opposing team.  They have shielders for protection, longspears/pikes for support, and throwers for close quarters range. All of these (plus the super plate they have) tie in to make one big steamroller. Love em or hate em its effective.

^ This guy's alright by me!
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #89 on: July 03, 2012, 10:32:50 pm »
^ This guy's alright by me!

Lol im just saying. As much as i rage over the wall of plate coming at me and getting poked to death, or xeen lodging a jarid in me, you guys are one well oiled machine.