Author Topic: NA Server Tactics  (Read 7827 times)

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
Re: NA Server Tactics
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2012, 05:35:54 pm »
 ...killing a lot of defenders is especially useful, since that "puts them on timers".

However, the closer this is done to the flag, the more helpful it is to the attackers.
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2012, 07:08:42 pm »
I'm not hating on you, or clans that use tactics. I'm pointing out that no one has the right to call pubbers stupid simply because they don't follow your vision of tactics. No one is obliged to follow your way of thinking and calling someone stupid for that is utter arrogance.

You're assuming that I blindly charge into a group of opponents as opposed to sticking with my own group of teammates. If I should happen to die while my group is fighting their group, then that's fine with me. What I don't find fun is sitting back until there is a 3:1 disadvantage against me and then getting steamrolled without much of a chance.

Yes, your odds are MUCH better assaulting a larger force that has large numbers of ranged.  Your lack of patience is disturbing, perhaps you could try Xbox Live.  It wouldnt be 1:3 odds if any of the veteran players had an once of discipline.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2012, 07:38:04 pm »
+1
*Ounce

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2012, 07:55:03 pm »
+1
That's why people cry about cav being overpowered, when in reality it's just infantry all trying to be rambo, and not even remotely trying to work as a team, use tactics, or the proper equipment to counter what the enemy throws at you.

I guess they figure that if the cavalry players get to go off and charge by themselves, why shouldn't they?

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2012, 08:25:13 pm »
+1
You're assuming that I blindly charge into a group of opponents as opposed to sticking with my own group of teammates.
Yes, your odds are MUCH better assaulting a larger force that has large numbers of ranged. 
You're assuming that I blindly charge into a group of opponents as opposed to sticking with my own group of teammates.
Yes, your odds are MUCH better assaulting a larger force that has large numbers of ranged. 

There is a right and a wrong way to rambo.  Being a smart rambo (as most of the 'skilled veterans' actually are) has a large impact on the round.  Being a stupid rambo & going headlong into insurmountable odds is something completely different, and is not what he's talking about.

Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2012, 08:43:10 pm »
I'm not hating on you, or clans that use tactics. I'm pointing out that no one has the right to call pubbers stupid simply because they don't follow your vision of tactics. No one is obliged to follow your way of thinking and calling someone stupid for that is utter arrogance.

I think if people keep doing the same thing over and over and expect different results, I may call them stupid without even a hint of arrogance.

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2012, 08:59:40 pm »
+2
The exact same can be said of clans that try to use 'tactics' that inevitably split the team.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2012, 09:21:33 pm »
+2
There are few specific cases where camping may work, but that's when your team has the proper camping location and better ranged. It relies on which team would have the better ranged.

I still maintain the belief that attacking is superior as long as the team has good timing on infantry charges and can stay together in such a way where teammates can help each other stay alive. Sometimes, the team may decide to do something that I consider a poor choice, but go along with it since that is my team's main force. It is more beneficial to keep them alive than split the team. As a shielder, acting as front line support for a strong push is most effective for me.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2012, 09:30:17 pm »
+3
There is nothing more fun in crpg then sitting on a hill, watching the other team sitting on the other hill 100 yards away.

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lemmy_Winks
« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2012, 10:07:34 pm »
There is nothing more fun in crpg then sitting on a hill, watching the other team sitting on the other hill 100 yards away.

Ya it will be like Shogun 2 was at-least back when i played online, both armies hill camp for an hour until the other guy gets sick of it and attacks you.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2012, 04:47:48 am »
+1
Because camping is boring and I'm not playing the game to be bored. I play games because I get bored, not to further compound the problem.

Like Memento said, it's just a game. Quit taking it so seriously. This is why I can't want for the multi system to go the way of the Dodo.

ADHD much?

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2012, 04:49:36 am »
I think if people keep doing the same thing over and over and expect different results, I may call them stupid without even a hint of arrogance.

Nope, that is the definition of insanity.

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2012, 04:51:38 am »
+1
The exact same can be said of clans that try to use 'tactics' that inevitably split the team.

There are several ways that teamplay tactics can go:

1) A clan does teamplay and the rest of the people play along
2) A clan does teamplay and the rest of the people ignore them so the clan advances in order to support the morons
3) A clan does teamplay and the rest of the people ignore them so the clan says "fuck it, we're here to work on teamplay" and so they do, even if all the morons run off and die without them

None of these really strike me as "wrong".

Very few "skilled player" ever do anything for the good of their team except by accident.  They are always doing #3.  Cav rides down enemy noobs then spends the rest of the match bumping their own team while trying to steal kills.  Two-handed heroes break from the pack because they want to try to sneak up on archers and find some "duels" on the edges.  Archers ignore everyone and just look for easy snipes.

Don't go trying to crap on teamplay for "splitting up the group" when I could log into any server right now and find the biggest of the big-name players off by themselves looking for easy kills and duels.

(Incidentally, your quote from Turbo is absolutely correct.  Only very stupid or impatient cavalry can be killed by spears.  The smart ones just ride around you and lance the first non-spear that's outside of your 8 foot radius spear range.  If you want to counter cavalry outside of an 8 foot ring around yourself, get a ranged weapon, not a spear.)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 04:54:46 am by Slamz »
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2012, 04:53:18 am »
Nope, that is the definition of insanity.

I thought it was the definition of "practice".
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2012, 05:21:06 am »
+4
Wow, since so many people seem to be missing the point, I'll just put it into bigger text and caps.

JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE IN A CLAN THAT LIKES "TEAMWORK" DOES NOT MEAN ANYONE HAS TO LISTEN TO YOU. YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO CALL PEOPLE THAT DON'T LISTEN TO YOU PUBBERS/STUPID/WHATEVER. IF YOU WANT TO DO YOUR CIRCLEJERK, FINE, BUT NO ONE IS OBLIGED TO FOLLOW SUIT AND LOSING THE ROUND IS NOT THE OTHER PEOPLES' FAULT IF THEY DON'T LISTEN TO YOU.