Author Topic: Nerf them  (Read 4196 times)

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Nerf them
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2012, 06:55:42 pm »
+1
Archers need to be nerfed.  Especially hybrids.

I've played an archer pretty much exclusively since I started, a hybrid specifically.

Archers are entirely overpowered in this game.  My God. Today I've actually managed to get my K/D ratio down to 1:2.9   this is completely unacceptable.  Here are my suggestions on how to nerf archery so that the game is balanced.

As a current archer+ melee (no wpf just powerstrike) hybrid myself who manages to get a kill sometimes I agree. Archery takes 'no skill' as we all know (that's why I'm an archer of course). I remember my melee days (back when I had skill) when I had basically little problem avoiding ranged if I was aware of them (which I was most often), But those days are long gone. Players no longer have functioning eyes and keyboards to move their character anymore. Plus view range as we all know is now limited to a 4 foot circle around the player.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2012, 06:56:10 pm »
Man I know it's sarcasm and stuff, but I can't feel right rating this thread.

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2012, 04:30:51 am »
+1
I'm still amazed at the 2hander/polearm guys who insist on being the first up the siege ladder, or continue to run ahead in a straight line towards the archers.  No doubt these are the ones who go straight to the forums when they die and write 'nerf achery' threads.

As for throwers, sounds like a bitter archer is still mad because he got a jarid in the back of the head as he ran.  Get some infantry cover dammit... oh wait, infantry always runs off chasing peasants only to turn a corner to find 15 enemy on them.  Still, throwing is easier to dodge than arrows, and you gotta be a hell of a lot closer to hit anyone.  In fact, besides AFK guys, fleeing archers are the only ones I can hit, plus the odd newb cav charging straight at me, tho if I only hit his horse I am oh so dead.

That being said, I say, "NERF NERF THREADS!"

Offline Suckus Khan

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2012, 10:19:36 am »
+1
Nurf orchurs.

Seriosly though, I'd like to see a bit lower upkeep on arrows. They are a bitch to repair since they get a higher breaking chance.

Like I said I ONLY lost 8000 gold over 2 hours using very meager equipment.

erm
how long are Javelins in your books?

I do agree on plate armor negating arrows the arrows must be armor piercing either they would glance off and I think only heavy bows should pierce  armor.

but all this is very realistic etc but i'm sure some of these things will ruin the "fun" in this "game" it is a "game" after all. :)

+1 :)

None of its realistic whatsoever.  I've seen professionals that use throwing weapons that can't hit anything outside of 5 meters much less 10 accurately.  I have no doubt the reason there are so many now is because of how nerfed archers were.

(click to show/hide)

I was going to respond to this but, yeah, why should I?  I'm glad you came to your senses later.

No matter how badly done a pathetic excuse for a piece of sarcasm is, there are always those who fall for it.

I think someone is a little upset they didn't think of a clever way of putting it first. 

Funny thing, developers, I noticed while formerly doing development for code and working with others they are some of the most pretentious people I've ever had the pleasure of encountering. So glad I stopped doing it back in the 90s.  They're even moreso now.

Still, got something useful out of it

Make archery related heirlooms only increase arrow count, accuracy, draw speed and missile speed, not damage. Buff damage overall to somewhere between loomed and un-loomed damage.

Because arrows do WAY too much damage right now.  Just entirely too much.

As far as reality goes Archers are underpowered.

The only problem I have with archers as a 2h is being kited.

Underpowered? I think thats putting it lightly.  The amount of nerfs put on them is somewhere between atrocious and ridiculous.  Fine.. they made the draw animation slower, then they added the upkeep nerf, then they added the damage nerf.  Those 3 things combined made them practically useless.

o0k i totally didnt relaise this was a joke, fail :D

that either says something about me, or something about what i have come to expect in suggestions from the crpg community ;D

Unfortunately it says something about the community.  Before January 2011 All I saw were threads begging for nerfing. Even after the 2011 CRPG "great patch" I still saw nerfing threads.  I have never asked for any class once to be nerfed. Not cav, not HA, not 2h, not polearm, not throwing. Why? Because after a while it just sounds like a bunch of spoiled brats whining. Most of the people complaining were 2h or polearm or cav that didn't know a SHIELD had a use.

Its the difference between internal locus of causality and external locus of causality.  When I get killed (and I get killed a lot) I don't think "wow this class is way too overpowered."  I think "What could I have done better to avoid that."

Instead of being sarcastic, how bout actually posting what the problem is, and what your solution would be.  No need to be cryptic over the internet, especially for a suggestion.

I don't want to read through every point and have to decipher what your actual point is (even though it's usually just "oh, he's actually saying the opposite).

Was obviously sarcastic from the very first line when you said archer hybrids are not only feasible, but overpowered.

Please try again.

Simple because addressing the problem won't get it fixed. It's never going to be fixed. I could have told you months before Jan 2011 that archers were going to be nerfed by the swarms of threads whining about it like children. I'd have to create about 500 alternate accounts set up proxy ip's for every one of them and then make about 10,000 threads whining that achers are underpowered. I do not have the time to do that. I have things to do, sorry.

I made the post because, frankly, its pretty damned funny.

The problem is that archers are still in the mod.

I'm glad ONE person actually understands the REAL problem.

As a current archer+ melee (no wpf just powerstrike) hybrid myself who manages to get a kill sometimes I agree. Archery takes 'no skill' as we all know (that's why I'm an archer of course). I remember my melee days (back when I had skill) when I had basically little problem avoiding ranged if I was aware of them (which I was most often), But those days are long gone. Players no longer have functioning eyes and keyboards to move their character anymore. Plus view range as we all know is now limited to a 4 foot circle around the player.

It took "no skill" before and takes even less skill now.  It really needs to be nerfed even further. How dare any 2 hander or 1h + shield actually have to be aware of their battlefield presence. Look the only solution is to remove archers completely from the game.  If you can't see someone shooting at you its simply not fair.

This brings me to another idea!! Perhaps all melee and cavalry units can have a display showing big arrows over the heads of archers that say "THIS IS AN ARCHER" so that they're fully aware where these pesky jerks are shooting them from.

In all seriousness, it is a hell of a lot tougher now and it was tough before. I simply play a hybrid to spite Chaz and the rest of the cRPG community. When they get in range I rarely run I pull out my simple sword and kill one or two of them first.

I'm still amazed at the 2hander/polearm guys who insist on being the first up the siege ladder, or continue to run ahead in a straight line towards the archers.  No doubt these are the ones who go straight to the forums when they die and write 'nerf achery' threads.

As for throwers, sounds like a bitter archer is still mad because he got a jarid in the back of the head as he ran. Get some infantry cover dammit... oh wait, infantry always runs off chasing peasants only to turn a corner to find 15 enemy on them.  Still, throwing is easier to dodge than arrows, and you gotta be a hell of a lot closer to hit anyone.  In fact, besides AFK guys, fleeing archers are the only ones I can hit, plus the odd newb cav charging straight at me, tho if I only hit his horse I am oh so dead.

That being said, I say, "NERF NERF THREADS!"

Obviously your reading comprehension and critical thinking needs a little more details about the situation.  I play a hybrid. When a thrower gets close I don't run I charge and pull out my sword. You mistake me for a coward.

All in all I very much enjoyed reading the reactions.

Offline Eugen

• Count
  • Renown: 180
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Postla
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2012, 11:48:43 am »
The truth is: only the naked warrior is a warrior. Armours, arrows, bolts and weapons of steel really never have been welcome in warband. Just get rid of this stuff, take your fists and fight! Weapons and armours should be burned in the mount of doom.

Nerf them. :twisted:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2012, 02:21:56 pm »
+2
Because arrows do WAY too much damage right now.  Just entirely too much.

Non-loomed deal pitiful damage, loomed deal quite extreme damage at times. Should be somewhere in-between with looms only increasing draw speed, arrow speed, arrow count and accuracy. Would make archery more viable for players that haven't played through several generations already, but still make heirlooming give nice bonuses. I would welcome a change like that, but I won't lobby for it.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Suckus Khan

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2012, 02:26:22 pm »
Non-loomed deal pitiful damage, loomed deal quite extreme damage at times. Should be somewhere in-between with looms only increasing draw speed, arrow speed, arrow count and accuracy. Would make archery more viable for players that haven't played through several generations already, but still make heirlooming give nice bonuses. I would welcome a change like that, but I won't lobby for it.

NO the loom system is OK the way it is... if they do it for arrows they should do that for EVERY other weapon. I totally disagree with that.

Hell the only thing keeping me going at Gen 3 right now is the possibility of my arrows being able to eventually do damage because of looming.  I can't grind to gen 20 like some of you guys so I actually welcome the potential to actually damage the targets I hit.

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2012, 11:11:28 pm »

NO the loom system is OK the way it is... if they do it for arrows they should do that for EVERY other weapon. I totally disagree with that.

Hell the only thing keeping me going at Gen 3 right now is the possibility of my arrows being able to eventually do damage because of looming.  I can't grind to gen 20 like some of you guys so I actually welcome the potential to actually damage the targets I hit.
What is your build?

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2012, 04:58:02 pm »
+1
Only read the part about the archery and I agree with the OP.
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2012, 05:15:16 pm »

Something I've been wanting for a long, long time.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2012, 05:25:02 pm »
No matter how badly done a pathetic excuse for a piece of sarcasm is, there are always those who fall for it.

We have cRPG balance groups with such extreme views it becomes possible to believe anything. As a corollary, I sometimes happen to think archery supporters I'm arguing with are a parody.

Fuck Poe's Law.

:lol:

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2012, 06:04:27 pm »
+2
Only read the part about the archery and I agree with the OP.

I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2012, 08:40:09 pm »
hah, didn't see this shit 'till now :wink:
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2012, 10:28:34 pm »
 :lol:
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline manwithsnake

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dray
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2012, 10:43:05 pm »
4. The upkeep on horses is ludicrous. Lower it by at least 50% possibly 75%.

Good Idea, but maybe it would be better if they reduce the chance of repairing cavalry by a lot. make it a 2% repair chance instead of 4%

other than that, I think the prices are correct, it gives you extra life, something to bump people with, and extra speed.

I would like it to be a smaller repair chance though