Author Topic: Nerf them  (Read 4198 times)

Offline Suckus Khan

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Nerf them
« on: June 29, 2012, 10:43:54 am »
+20
Hello.  I have been playing M and B warbands since September of 2010.  I have also been playing cRPG since that time.  Goretooth is to blame for my addiction to the mod.  That all being said I think its time that I've weighed in on nerfing.   First as LoveSoma and now as Suckus Khan

Archers need to be nerfed.  Especially hybrids.

I've played an archer pretty much exclusively since I started, a hybrid specifically.

Archers are entirely overpowered in this game.  My God. Today I've actually managed to get my K/D ratio down to 1:2.9   this is completely unacceptable.  Here are my suggestions on how to nerf archery so that the game is balanced.

1.  Archers should not be able to wear any armor that has metal in it. Period.

2. Arrows do entirely too much damage. In Fact, they shouldn't damage anyone wearing armor at all. I suggest lowering the damage at least 50% if thats not enough lower it more!

3. An archer should not be able to carry any weapon except their bow. Blocking? HAH whoever heard of such a thing. Once the infantry is upon an archer he/she should be slaughtered without a fight.

4. The upkeep of arrows is way too cheap.  Running with a Red Gambeson, Kergit Leather boots, A +2 hornbow, and leather gloves with 2 bodkin arrows I only lost 8000 gold over 2 hours of playing. Thats entirely too little. I should have been broke.  Raise the upkeep of arrows from 2x to 5x.  That'll teach us to use arrows that actually do any damage.

This brings me to the next ranged class Throwers.  They are completely underpowered. I have no idea why so many people use throwing weapons. I have some suggestions to make them a little more balanced for gameplay.

1. Any target within 10 meters should be an automatic hit. Period end of story.

2. Armor should be negated by throwing axes and javelins.

3. When used as a melee weapon they should be given better stats. Javelins should be given better reach too.  At least the reach of a pike if not more.

4. Axes should be able to break a shield in one hit. Yes, even steel ones.

Finally, Cavalry.  Cavalry is a very underappreciated and underpowered class. What good is having a huge horse if you cant trounce some meager peasants with it. Here are my suggestions to balance the problem of Cavalry being underpowered.

1. It takes entirely too few arrows to take a horse down.  Once I saw a horse come down with as few as 3 bodkin arrows. Here in Texas, where I am from, most horses could take at least 6 to 8 arrows before even limping!

2. Knockdown damage isnt enough. If a full speed horse hits you, no matter which horse it is, you should be killed instantly.  That goes for people on your own team as well.  I cannot tell you how many times I've been hit by my team mates horse to be appalled and dismayed that it only took 1/4 to 1/2 my life.  My first thought was "why am I still alive?"

3. Armored horses aren't nearly tough enough.  A fully armored plated charger should take nothing less than a thermonuclear weapon to take down. Anything less would be an insult to the glory of owning one.

4. The upkeep on horses is ludicrous. Lower it by at least 50% possibly 75%.

TLDR?

Remove archers from the game or at least nerf them out of existance, buff throwers (especially javelins and throwing axes), and buff the hell out of Cavalry.

Thankyou cRPG team and keep up the good work.

Offline Everkistus

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No good deed goes unpunished
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Everkistus
  • IRC nick: Everkistus
Re: Nerf them
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 01:34:02 pm »
+4
Nurf orchurs.

Seriosly though, I'd like to see a bit lower upkeep on arrows. They are a bitch to repair since they get a higher breaking chance.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 01:41:00 pm »
erm
When used as a melee weapon they should be given better stats. Javelins should be given better reach too.  At least the reach of a pike if not more.

how long are Javelins in your books?

I do agree on plate armor negating arrows the arrows must be armor piercing either they would glance off and I think only heavy bows should pierce  armor.

but all this is very realistic etc but i'm sure some of these things will ruin the "fun" in this "game" it is a "game" after all. :)

+1 :)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 01:45:47 pm by Joseph_Porta »
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 02:11:44 pm »
Hello.  I have been playing M and B warbands since September of 2010.  I have also been playing cRPG since that time.  Goretooth is to blame for my addiction to the mod.  That all being said I think its time that I've weighed in on nerfing.   First as LoveSoma and now as Suckus Khan

Archers need to be nerfed.  Especially hybrids.

I've played an archer pretty much exclusively since I started, a hybrid specifically.

Archers are entirely overpowered in this game.  My God. Today I've actually managed to get my K/D ratio down to 1:2.9   this is completely unacceptable.  Here are my suggestions on how to nerf archery so that the game is balanced.

1.  Archers should not be able to wear any armor that has metal in it. Period.

2. Arrows do entirely too much damage. In Fact, they shouldn't damage anyone wearing armor at all. I suggest lowering the damage at least 50% if thats not enough lower it more!

3. An archer should not be able to carry any weapon except their bow. Blocking? HAH whoever heard of such a thing. Once the infantry is upon an archer he/she should be slaughtered without a fight.

4. The upkeep of arrows is way too cheap.  Running with a Red Gambeson, Kergit Leather boots, A +2 hornbow, and leather gloves with 2 bodkin arrows I only lost 8000 gold over 2 hours of playing. Thats entirely too little. I should have been broke.  Raise the upkeep of arrows from 2x to 5x.  That'll teach us to use arrows that actually do any damage.

This brings me to the next ranged class Throwers.  They are completely underpowered. I have no idea why so many people use throwing weapons. I have some suggestions to make them a little more balanced for gameplay.

1. Any target within 10 meters should be an automatic hit. Period end of story.

2. Armor should be negated by throwing axes and javelins.

3. When used as a melee weapon they should be given better stats. Javelins should be given better reach too.  At least the reach of a pike if not more.

4. Axes should be able to break a shield in one hit. Yes, even steel ones.

Finally, Cavalry.  Cavalry is a very underappreciated and underpowered class. What good is having a huge horse if you cant trounce some meager peasants with it. Here are my suggestions to balance the problem of Cavalry being underpowered.

1. It takes entirely too few arrows to take a horse down.  Once I saw a horse come down with as few as 3 bodkin arrows. Here in Texas, where I am from, most horses could take at least 6 to 8 arrows before even limping!

2. Knockdown damage isnt enough. If a full speed horse hits you, no matter which horse it is, you should be killed instantly.  That goes for people on your own team as well.  I cannot tell you how many times I've been hit by my team mates horse to be appalled and dismayed that it only took 1/4 to 1/2 my life.  My first thought was "why am I still alive?"

3. Armored horses aren't nearly tough enough.  A fully armored plated charger should take nothing less than a thermonuclear weapon to take down. Anything less would be an insult to the glory of owning one.

4. The upkeep on horses is ludicrous. Lower it by at least 50% possibly 75%.

TLDR?

Remove archers from the game or at least nerf them out of existance, buff throwers (especially javelins and throwing axes), and buff the hell out of Cavalry.

Thankyou cRPG team and keep up the good work.

Archery is by NO MEANS overpowered in the SLIGHTEST.

It is in fact, pathetically underpowered.

The ONLY REASON you can EVER get kills as an archer is because 90% of the crpg community is too brainless to take a shield.

If you nerf archery even harder they will never, ever get kills.

The one thing you could nerf is archery heirlooms, but then you would need to do a general archery buff; as it stands atm a skill less noob who cant block (not naming names) with armour and a 2h sword, against me as an unheirloomed archer, it will take me ~~6 bodyshots to kill him (of which the refire rate is insanely slow, the arrow travel speed is retarded, and my total arrow count is practically nothing), when he gets to me i then have to score depending on how much i've hurt him ~~ 7 bodyshots on his stupid 60+ armour / MW greatsword spam, whilst he has to keep spamming without blocking and pray that my weapon bounces ONCE and that he one shot kills me in this time.

It's the same with cavalry, i can kill 6 horses in a round, taking ~~ 5 arrows each, but they have to sneak past my guard or team up on me ONCE and i'm dead. Archery really, really, really, really, really does not need a nerf, it needs a buff, and the fact that you are suggesting nerf is plain retarded.

Your suggestions about cavalry are also frankly stupid. Increase bump damage ? Increase their arrow resistance ? Do you realise quite HOW TOUGH these cavalry would now become with your stupid changelist ? Horses would be riding over archers like no tommorow, 1 shotting them left right and centre with no need to worry about being shot. Bump is a skill less free kill, and you're suggesting to give them more. Wow. Please, go play a stats MMO or something. Or at least play native for a few months and get some slight perspective.
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 02:28:02 pm »
+27
No matter how badly done a pathetic excuse for a piece of sarcasm is, there are always those who fall for it.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 02:32:57 pm »
+2
No matter how badly done a pathetic excuse for a piece of sarcasm is, there are always those who fall for it.

Still, got something useful out of it

The one thing you could nerf is archery heirlooms, but then you would need to do a general archery buff

Make archery related heirlooms only increase arrow count, accuracy, draw speed and missile speed, not damage. Buff damage overall to somewhere between loomed and un-loomed damage.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Frell

• Baron
  • Renown: 117
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Frell, Valperga
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 02:35:45 pm »
As far as reality goes Archers are underpowered.

The only problem I have with archers as a 2h is being kited.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2012, 02:51:33 pm »
+1
o0k i totally didnt relaise this was a joke, fail :D

that either says something about me, or something about what i have come to expect in suggestions from the crpg community ;D
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2012, 02:52:21 pm »
+1 to OP

(click to show/hide)
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2012, 03:22:52 pm »
+1
Sarcasm is not welcome when its about a discussion to nerf Archery. Fuck, that gave you a -1.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2012, 03:54:06 pm »
+2
Sarcasm is not welcome when its about a discussion to nerf Archery. Fuck, that gave you a -1.

You should take it the opposite.
If you see a sarcasm thread asking for an archer buff, a throwing buff and a cav buff, then you should understand that in his opinion, archer would deserve a buff, throwing a nerf, and horses should just die.

Was funny. Will read again.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2012, 05:54:01 pm »
Instead of being sarcastic, how bout actually posting what the problem is, and what your solution would be.  No need to be cryptic over the internet, especially for a suggestion.

I don't want to read through every point and have to decipher what your actual point is (even though it's usually just "oh, he's actually saying the opposite).

Was obviously sarcastic from the very first line when you said archer hybrids are not only feasible, but overpowered.

Please try again.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Arn_Magnusson

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
  • "cRPG is a disgrace!" - Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ForlorN
  • Game nicks: ForlorN_Arn_Magnusson, French_Knight_the_Coward
  • IRC nick: Arn_Magnusson
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2012, 05:57:54 pm »
+3
Text wall, Iwon't read it but it has +7, so I'll give +, too because it might be serious shit.

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2012, 05:58:58 pm »
The problem is that archers are still in the mod.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Count_Curtis

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • There's no cure for being a cunt
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Captain_Ludd / Curtis
  • IRC nick: Curtis
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2012, 06:37:21 pm »