Author Topic: Nerf Horsebump  (Read 5533 times)

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Nerf Horsebump
« on: June 27, 2012, 02:05:45 pm »
+11
if i'm wearing light - medium armour (27 body, 25 leg), and i get bumped by a champion courser, it'll take off about a 1/2 - 2/3 of my hp.

This is bloody ridiculous. The guy has missed his lance, missed the only slightly difficult bit about playing cav, and he is still rewarded with a huge damage against light infantry ?!

please for gods sakes nerf this thing. They already have a 1 shot kill lance, why do they need a 2 shot kill bump ?!

EDIT: i played 2 gens as cav with a heavy lance, and i got ~~ 50% of all my kills with what i considered failed lances that were bumps, it was silly and cheap ... if i miss my lance i should miss my chance at getting a kill :) skills for kills, not cheap choo choo bumptrains ;)
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
Re: Nerf Horsebump
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 02:10:18 pm »
Approved. With 18 STR and 0 IF, medium gear, around 30 body armor I get 2hit by horse bumps (destrier ua).
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 02:11:44 pm »
+1
if i'm wearing light - medium armour (27 body, 25 leg), and i get bumped by a champion courser, it'll take off about a 1/2 - 2/3 of my hp.

This is bloody ridiculous.

No, it's not.

The bump damage got increased by a good margin because in old crpg all infantry would just jump into the horse to not get any damage at all.

Wear some armour and the damage isn't something to fuss about at all, unless you are already severely injured, or it's a very high charge horse moving at speed (destrier for instance).
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 02:13:58 pm »
+2
QQ moar.

Mod is slowly evolving towards realism and ultimate balance.

It's realistic that it fucking hurts.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline bruce

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 02:18:01 pm »
+1
It's one of the main reasons why armour is worth having, anyway. But you lose ability to kite infantry so much...
Best ban reason ever:
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 02:26:40 pm »
+1
It's realistic that it fucking hurts.

It isn't realistic because when people get their horse shot from under them they would fall going at high speeds and become crippled.

Or when it takes me 3 slices from my elite scimitar to the throat of a courser to kill it.  Yet it never gets slowed down from the first hit.

BTW I have 24 str and 8 ps before you ask.

The only thing in this game that is not realistic is cav.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 02:37:11 pm »
No, it's not.

The bump damage got increased by a good margin because in old crpg all infantry would just jump into the horse to not get any damage at all.

Wear some armour and the damage isn't something to fuss about at all, unless you are already severely injured, or it's a very high charge horse moving at speed (destrier for instance).

yeah, but i have decent bloody armour and i'm dieing in 2 bumps from a courser ?!

i dont care if it's realistic, IRL i would've had to piss eat drink and sleep, i care about gameplay ... and for gameplay, it's plain stupid that a cavalryman can MISS his lance, and still be rewarded with a kill.

to put that in perspective for archers, say, imagine there was something for archers similar, the archer misses his arrow by a foot, but there's an AoE on the arrow, so it still damages the enemy. People would rage hard core about this, but for cav ... ? why should cav have every advantage in the world ?

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline bruce

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 02:38:15 pm »
+1
Horses have too much HP & running into a chambered weapon should hurt the horse (but, if you want to argue realism, so should the horse corpse, both to the rider and especially the trampled, so stabbing a horse upfront with a short weapon is a risky proposition).

However.

A running light-armoured archer has no right complaining about how he gets trampled wearing his rags; don't care if the kill gets added to the cavalryman or the Champion Courser gets the kill, but an agile character could always, pre-horsebump, avoid damage by intentionally jumping into the horse. Which is quite easy, since there's no inertia for infantry in warband. It was the stupidest defense in the game.

If you want to see less horses or getting kills as a horseman be harder, nerf horse survivability which has been practically doubled since the early days of crpg.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 02:42:33 pm by bruce »
Best ban reason ever:

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 02:40:44 pm »
Horses have too much HP & running into a chambered weapon should hurt the horse (but, if you want to argue realism, so should the horse corpse, both to the rider and especially the trampled, so stabbing a horse upfront with a short weapon is a risky proposition).

However.

A running light-armoured archer has no right complaining about how he gets trampled wearing his rags.

im NOT a lightly armoured archer, im a medium armoured infantry, i have a +3 nomad vest, leather gloves and nomad boots, totalling 27 body and 28 leg (bump damage resistance is body armour + leg armour), with 55 bump armour, i really really should not be getting 2 shotted by speeding coursers.

A running light-armoured archer has no right complaining about how he gets trampled wearing his rags; don't care if the kill gets added to the cavalryman or the Champion Courser gets the kill, but an agile character could always, pre-horsebump, avoid damage by intentionally jumping into the horse. Which is quite easy, since there's no inertia for infantry in warband. It was the stupidest defense in the game.

the light infantry or archer or whatever will only be able to jump into the horse to avoid lance damage if the lancer misses his lance. Also, simple counter to this for a cavalryman is to draw his sword and bumpslash his enemy. Takes more skill and isn't a stupid free kill for a noob cav who's just missed 3 lances on a guy, but still gets his cheap kills.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 02:47:09 pm by Corsair831 »

Offline bruce

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 02:45:12 pm »
+1
Medium armoured infantry is more around 45-50 for a total of 90-100 bump armour, 27b 28l is basically archerwear, which is why I made the natural assumption you were one. Even ninjas are more in the 90-100 range.

Best ban reason ever:

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 03:03:16 pm »
I never really played cav, but their bump damage seems cheap indeed.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2012, 03:05:33 pm »
+1
So is jumping into a horse to avoid being hit by horsemen's weapon, which is why bumping damage was increased.

I'd prefer if they died sooner so it is not customary to stop a horse with a spear to have it turn away and try again, but people who don't have armour, don't have a spear, don't have a twohander, don't manage to attack a horse, well, being able to just jump into one to avoid damage, that's bs.
Best ban reason ever:

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2012, 03:05:42 pm »
+1
The bump isn't that bad...even on an armored horse its weak.

Anything to make inf easier right?  Nerf ranged, nerf cav, nerf xbow, nerf throwing.

Nerf nerfs.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2012, 04:00:57 pm »
The bump isn't that bad...even on an armored horse its weak.

Anything to make inf easier right?  Nerf ranged, nerf cav, nerf xbow, nerf throwing.

Nerf nerfs.

not bad ?! it 2 shot kills me !!!! champion courser with 7 or 8 riding and i literally get 2 shotted if he bumps me !! i have 6 IF and 55 bump armour

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1265
  • Infamy: 2906
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2012, 04:08:34 pm »
+3
Had about 15% HP (57 body armor) left and damn Stray Cataphract Horse killed me from behind :mrgreen:

Either nerf the horse bump damage or buff it. But if you decide to buff you must make it so riders take massive fall damage (30% HP or maybe even more).