Author Topic: NA gets Patch  (Read 19623 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2285
  • Infamy: 141
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: NA gets Patch
« Reply #195 on: June 23, 2012, 01:26:33 pm »
+4
Duel is terrible now and I can't wait to play battle with 500 chargers that I can't stab anymore (and no one else can).

I still dehorse people just fine. Even with longsword. Maybe you should try something else instead of chamber/spinstab trick most of you seem to be using :wink:

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #196 on: June 23, 2012, 05:41:00 pm »
I'm not reading 13 pages.  This patch blows. Poll thread needs poll.

I've been using 2h for 2 yrs mang.  I ain't going to change my ways for dis.  Duel is terrible now and I can't wait to play battle with 500 chargers that I can't stab anymore (and no one else can).
Perhaps I'll put a poll up after this patch has sunk in a bit longer. Pretty sure we've covered, rather effectively, the initial rage. Since it is possible there are some results of this patch that are pleasing, I'll wait until people have suffered played a few days before pretending to be democratic with a poll.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Mechanix

• Baron
  • Renown: 138
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • lolwut
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mechanix
« Reply #197 on: June 23, 2012, 06:50:57 pm »
I just hate that my overhead is incapable of tracking people now.
You can easily sidestep someones overhead if you have average footwork. This makes not only the thrust easier to block, but makes our overhead a much less viable swing.

My German Poleaxe goes from having 4 swing directions to 2 directions if I'm fighting someone that doesn't suck.
Overhead / Thrust still work for support situations and for reach but I feel that overhead shouldn't be affected by the speed nerf. It's either thrust OR overhead being slowed, don't do it to both.
But as the world turned i learned life was hell; livin' in a world no different from a cell - WuTang

Offline Mechanix

• Baron
  • Renown: 138
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • lolwut
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mechanix
« Reply #198 on: June 23, 2012, 06:51:26 pm »
I just hate that my overhead is incapable of tracking people now.
You can easily sidestep someones overhead if you have average footwork. This means the patch has not only made thrust easier to block, but makes our overhead a much less viable swing.

My German Poleaxe goes from having 4 swing directions to 2 directions if I'm fighting someone that doesn't suck.
Overhead / Thrust still work for support situations and for reach but I feel that overhead shouldn't be affected by the speed nerf. It's either thrust OR overhead being slowed, don't do it to both.

not sure why it quoted..
But as the world turned i learned life was hell; livin' in a world no different from a cell - WuTang

Offline Tagora

• Duke
  • Renown: 522
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
  • there's bollocks in yr tea
    • View Profile
    • ClickCLICKclickCLICKCLICKCLICK
  • Faction: Dubliners
« Reply #199 on: June 23, 2012, 07:57:24 pm »
I still dehorse people just fine. Even with longsword. Maybe you should try something else instead of chamber/spinstab trick most of you seem to be using :wink:

haha..you know it's funny that what some player's call exploits others call tactics.  By trying to make a game more realistic, or an attempt to replicate real world physics, all you're doing is disrupting the careful balance which took months of practice and community feedback to build and pissing players off in the meantime.  There's literally nothing in cRPG (post-upkeep) that is reasonably unbeatable by every class. I find it odd that people are complaining about said realism in an RPG stat-based game.  Stat points are never representational of real-world values.  I think all this patch noticeably accomplished was a steep decline in older player's willingness to invest in a game that is subject to change based off whim.

Besides, if you suck at footwork, it doesn't matter what kind of weapon you're using.  I.E. Saul with his rerolls in 2h, 1h, pole, etc.  Chances are that if you're complaining about someone killing you in cRPG, you're doing something wrong.  Go to duel and get better.

If you're going to trouble of creating stat-points and retirement, at least don't disrupt the fundamental basis for many player's builds, because I really doubt a player like me who is light inf 2h longsword is similar to other classes/builds (tincans, old cav, etc) that were nerfed.   The fact I can stab you with that weapon reach just proves that my footwork is successful and that you're not paying enough attention.

tldr;  People who will never excel complain, game changes, people with successful strategy are nerfed and their heirlooms rendered meaningless thus the game is the same as native + content.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://steamcommunity.com/id/tagora/

c h e l s e a  b o y s

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #200 on: June 23, 2012, 08:21:14 pm »
+1
Besides, if you suck at footwork, it doesn't matter what kind of weapon you're using.  I.E. Saul with his rerolls in 2h, 1h, pole, etc.
Now that's just mean  :(

Offline BashirKhan

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 23, 2012, 08:24:17 pm »
+1
Now that's just mean  :(
Don't worry Saul we all love your footwork  :D

Offline Joshly

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kartoffeln
« Reply #202 on: June 23, 2012, 08:51:14 pm »
+5
After playing a few days, I figure I could at least voice another opinion. Although it seems like a large majority of it is crying.

As mention before, I am glad the lolstab is gone, sometimes it was a useful tool. But in doing such is removed much other options, I'd say most notably for me in 1h. I use a 1h and shield with the espada, so I am pretty stab dependent as my damage dealer. The only problem is that when i go to stab the targeted being, they can simply step out of the way. Yeah, you can hold the attack and turn. The only problem there is it gives people more time to react, which honestly probably is not needed anyway. Yeah - you can side swing as well, but with a 1.0 weighted weapon just side swing into the amount of armor some of these people wear and see what happens(more 2h spam friendly?). 8 times out of 10 its a glance (7ps too). I personally favored the different technique of the 1h shield build I did. It was different from others, who go for a weapon with reach and just out swing.

Its something that I could get used to, but in stopping one problem comes another, where people dance around and side swing - I'm relying on the S key instead of my LMB. The patch removes the overhead and stab from a good portion of fighting, enough to voice a complaint. I'm thrilled that I won't have to deal with helicopter pikemen, but it is saddening that all the other stuff has to suffer. Is it possible to nerf the overall turn speed slightly? or perhaps also affect the side swings? or some sort of system of weapon length slowing turn speed as mentioned before? I won't complain without giving some sort of feedback for solutions, but the recent patch is indeed slightly frustrating.

Argue realism all you want, but its never why I play the game.  :wink:
-Kartoffeln

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #203 on: June 23, 2012, 08:53:55 pm »
or some sort of system of weapon length slowing turn speed as mentioned before?

Cmp said it might happen, makes sense as well.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #204 on: June 23, 2012, 09:13:04 pm »
Soooooooooo polestagger/stun is still here?????  :evil:

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #205 on: June 23, 2012, 09:35:50 pm »
Soooooooooo polestagger/stun is still here?????  :evil:

Yup :(

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #206 on: June 23, 2012, 10:35:42 pm »
Helluva patch.

Offline VolpesVolpes

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Personal Blog
  • Game nicks: VolpesVolpes, Rose_Lalonde, Kanaya
« Reply #207 on: June 23, 2012, 11:42:16 pm »
I'm with Joshy, I use a side sword and shield and most of my battles have resorted to me and the enemy running confused circles around each other trying to get our characters to turn as fast as our mouses are. I can barely even make use of my sword's thrust anymore I'm thinking of getting a cutting sword.

At least I'm almost level 31, I'm thinking of just re-rolling cavalry so i don't have to worry about this anymore.

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #208 on: June 24, 2012, 01:51:44 am »
+2
I'm with Joshy, I use a side sword and shield and most of my battles have resorted to me and the enemy running confused circles around each other trying to get our characters to turn as fast as our mouses are. I can barely even make use of my sword's thrust anymore I'm thinking of getting a cutting sword.

At least I'm almost level 31, I'm thinking of just re-rolling cavalry so i don't have to worry about this anymore.

and so it begins   :cry:
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2505
  • Infamy: 1617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 24, 2012, 01:56:34 am »
Cmp suggested that cav is next on the nerf list. I'm not sure did he mean it for real or just pulling our strings.