Author Topic: NA gets Patch  (Read 19627 times)

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
Re: NA gets Patch
« Reply #180 on: June 23, 2012, 04:29:33 am »
+1
play stronghold kingdoms with me, poophammer, badplayer, sequel, shik, world 3, ireland, county leitrim.

I've heard some good things about the game, I might start playing it.

Of course you cool dudes probably wouldn't want my excessive gayness. It might be too much for you.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #181 on: June 23, 2012, 04:33:24 am »
I've heard some good things about the game, I might start playing it.

Of course you cool dudes probably wouldn't want my excessive gayness. It might be too much for you.

Hit me up on Steam if you need help figuring out where to spawn to be near us and I can also help you with w/e else
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #182 on: June 23, 2012, 05:06:20 am »
+1
Spin stabs are possible because people who made this game either had no time to implement intertia or were just lazy. Thefore, human movement is just like in every other game, unrealistic. It doesn't fit well with many other aspects of this game which are very realistic compared to other video games.

I do understand that spin stab is "skilled" move or trick but it's simply not realistic. It's like something from Quake 3 Arena or Tribes. It takes skill to perfect but you'll never see any fighter irl fighting like that.

This game is built to be realistic medieval battle simulator. They couldn't make everything they wanted to so we have to live with certain badly done mechanics. Cmp is trying to fix that, nothing more.

Because blocking my great sword with a wooden stick is realistic right? or taking damage from a sword in plate? Or only having 4 attack options? I can go on and on, but my point is, this game might be realistic with the type of armor/weapons, but when it comes to game mechanics and balancing, realism needs to be thrown out the window. Spin stab, as canary said, is a technique that players learn to give them more attack options. An easy one to counter as well, simply block down till you hear the blocking sound, and you will weapon stun the person stabbing, probably killing him. If you want to look at it from a realism point of view (which you shouldn't) you wouldn't only have 4 directions in which to attack, you wouldnt stab the exact same way everytime you wanted to stab. Spinstabs offered another way to attack someone. This is something that doesn't need to be fixed, (except maybe on the jumping longspears) but all cmp has done is make stabs and overheads nearly useless, further dumbing down the combat.

Also, on a side note, in the beta, spin stab was there and was a recognized mechanic. Players complained about it then, and the devs left it in.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 10:19:27 am by Visconti »
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #183 on: June 23, 2012, 05:27:57 am »
We do want some of the cool crpg players to start playing with us, its honestly a lot like the Strategus they tried to make in 3.0 but a lot better (no offense, some of the dev team should actually check out stronghold kingdoms for inspiration for the future, shik is playing it too).

The more players we get in cahoots with us, the stronger faction we can make, and all help each other out.  Its free to play, doesn't require much time but pretty addicting and fun to get your fiefs growing strong and mass producing shit, trading, building a castle, raids, sieges, its kind of like farmville but a lot more depth, and the world is open ended for griefing, complete razing of villages.. the only thing that can protect ur precious farms and mines is your own army and your faction bros.

Maybe I'll make a thread about it in Other Games to help organize shit, I think a lot of the players here like games like europa and Strategus and it could become popular with this community.

And POOPHAMMER is right.  If BADPLAYER, the bundle of sticks banqueter with a shit army and no respect, is your liege lord, you will probably get razed within days and have to start over.

Sequel is actually the leader of our faction (nK lol) and POOPHAMMER is a pr0 baron dude with mad shit, check it out yall

I wonder if my kingdoms account is still active. I was pretty high in rank. Then my comp didn't want to run it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tagora

• Duke
  • Renown: 522
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
  • there's bollocks in yr tea
    • View Profile
    • ClickCLICKclickCLICKCLICKCLICK
  • Faction: Dubliners
« Reply #184 on: June 23, 2012, 06:35:35 am »
+1
I'm not reading 13 pages.  This patch blows. Poll thread needs poll.

I've been using 2h for 2 yrs mang.  I ain't going to change my ways for dis.  Duel is terrible now and I can't wait to play battle with 500 chargers that I can't stab anymore (and no one else can). 

http://steamcommunity.com/id/tagora/

c h e l s e a  b o y s

Offline Sauce

• Duke
  • Renown: 597
  • Infamy: 83
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Remnants
« Reply #185 on: June 23, 2012, 06:44:54 am »
+1

« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 04:51:59 pm by Sauce »

Offline Zaren

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Zaren_Astralis
  • IRC nick: Zaren
« Reply #186 on: June 23, 2012, 06:55:09 am »
to be perfectly honest, all the complaints about this game being hard to learn and terrible for noobs are invalid. IT SHOULD BE hard for noobs, and Melee mistakes should hurt badly. Melee is simply becoming....
player1:hello i will attempt to hit you VERY SLOWLY
player2: thanks! ill now take my time and use my 10 seconds i have till you hit me to block
player1:I think ill stab now!
player2:Don't bother! stab is useless
player1:ok then ill overhead/sideswing again! and again and again

i mean really.... this game is OBVIOUSLY not realistic at all or there would be bleeding out and broken bones or cuts that hindered you, its not supposed to be like that. please stop trying to nerf CRPG combat into no skill-feels like im fighting in thick jelly combat.

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #187 on: June 23, 2012, 06:59:30 am »
I wonder if my kingdoms account is still active. I was pretty high in rank. Then my comp didn't want to run it.

Your account gets deleted after being inactive for so long so it's gone most likely.

I'm the best stronghold player in the world and all of these noobs are my vassals.

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #188 on: June 23, 2012, 07:11:01 am »
+1
to be perfectly honest, all the complaints about this game being hard to learn and terrible for noobs are invalid. IT SHOULD BE hard for noobs, and Melee mistakes should hurt badly. Melee is simply becoming....
player1:hello i will attempt to hit you VERY SLOWLY
player2: thanks! ill now take my time and use my 10 seconds i have till you hit me to block
player1:I think ill stab now!
player2:Don't bother! stab is useless
player1:ok then ill overhead/sideswing again! and again and again

i mean really.... this game is OBVIOUSLY not realistic at all or there would be bleeding out and broken bones or cuts that hindered you, its not supposed to be like that. please stop trying to nerf CRPG combat into no skill-feels like im fighting in thick jelly combat.

Pft, player 1 knows nothing, overheads are near useless as well  :D
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #189 on: June 23, 2012, 08:09:04 am »
ZISA'S TEARS ARE LIKE FINE WINE

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Zaren

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Zaren_Astralis
  • IRC nick: Zaren
« Reply #190 on: June 23, 2012, 08:47:02 am »
Pft, player 1 knows nothing, overheads are near useless as well  :D
made me lol......lol

Offline BashirKhan

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 23, 2012, 09:59:28 am »
+2
I lol'd at someone calling this game a "Realistic Medieval Battle Simulator" it's anything but.

as Saul said earlier

Blocking a great axe with a 1h is absurd. Surviving getting hit by charging cav is absurd. Blocking every conceivable attack from one direction (especially stabs) by holding your weapon in a fixed position is absurd. Getting hurt with the edge of a sword while in plate is absurd.

And yet, the game is better off for every single one of those things.
I completely agree with the above statement. I'm pretty comfortable saying that Warband and even Crpg are not meant to be realistic, in most aspects

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #192 on: June 23, 2012, 12:33:35 pm »
I completely agree with the above statement. I'm pretty comfortable saying that Warband and even Crpg are not meant to be realistic, in most aspects

Thank you, but that's not for you to say.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #193 on: June 23, 2012, 12:42:34 pm »
There are 500023432432 fantasy rpg sword-lol games out there. I like warband (modded warband) because it tries to be something different.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #194 on: June 23, 2012, 01:22:54 pm »
+1
AHAHAHAHA