Author Topic: 1 handers without shield  (Read 9307 times)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: 1 handers without shield
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2012, 11:06:02 am »
Not even close to the best dueling weapons. Way too short. Means vulnerable to kicks and can't play the range game.
You can play the range game, the rightswing and stab of the NCS and KAS are about 110-120 range when compared to 2h.

Offline fosr

• Knight
  • Renown: 52
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Eucliwood Hellscythe
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2012, 11:08:58 am »
oh...

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2012, 11:13:23 am »
You can play the range game, the rightswing and stab of the NCS and KAS are about 110-120 range when compared to 2h.

Well that only works against 2h and poles that don't play with their own range at all.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2012, 11:17:41 am »
All i see is that you still dont get it what i'm talking about.

But that's normal when someone is retarded i guess...

Says the guy suggesting a such a huge nerf that no one would play 1h anymore without using a shield and having a kingrimm build, yes of course that's what we need, less variety  :wink:. It's also a nerf that isn't needed.

If you're so bothered about archers using their 1h handed weapons to block and whoop yo ass maybe your suggestion should have been to remove block from all 0 slot weapons. Any 1h that requires a slot should not be nerfed this way, no one gives a shit if it's "realistic" or not, this game is far from realistic.

Also if you want anyone to take you seriously, you should not get so butthurt and aggressive just because someone pointed out huge flaws in your massively biased suggestion.

Offline Idzo

• Earl
  • Renown: 494
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Deserter_IdZo
  • IRC nick: IdZo Steam Nick: Deja3n9
« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2012, 12:28:49 pm »
mkey. You should then whrite it in biggining post remove blocking ability from pickaxe,sickle,hammer...and not mention nordic gs and it's weight.
That nordic sword part made us 1h rage.

Aaah.. That's why you trippin?? :D

Urist: Being crpg mod makes you go insane at some point. look at meow, he thinks he's a fcking cat

Offline Idzo

• Earl
  • Renown: 494
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Deserter_IdZo
  • IRC nick: IdZo Steam Nick: Deja3n9
« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2012, 12:31:34 pm »
Says the guy suggesting a such a huge nerf that no one would play 1h anymore without using a shield and having a kingrimm build, yes of course that's what we need, less variety  :wink:. It's also a nerf that isn't needed.

If you're so bothered about archers using their 1h handed weapons to block and whoop yo ass maybe your suggestion should have been to remove block from all 0 slot weapons. Any 1h that requires a slot should not be nerfed this way, no one gives a shit if it's "realistic" or not, this game is far from realistic.

Also if you want anyone to take you seriously, you should not get so butthurt and aggressive just because someone pointed out huge flaws in your massively biased suggestion.

I'm rly sad that you still dont get it... Check mlekce post above dude, maybe things will be clearer for ya...
Urist: Being crpg mod makes you go insane at some point. look at meow, he thinks he's a fcking cat

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2489
  • Infamy: 2153
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2012, 12:40:19 pm »
+1
No. 1H without shield is great, best dueling weapons imo, and it's not bad in battle situations either.

They are among best dueling weapons but in battle they aren't as good cause they are short.

Either you'll make STR build which hits hard with one-hander but can't catch anyone who backpedal (and spam while doing it) or you'll make AGI build which is fast but doesn't deal much damage.

That's the problem with short weapons. I've switched from German Greatsword to Longsword and my performance suffered. Longer weapons are simply better than shorter weapons.

Idzo likes to spam long polearms and most of the time he uses STR builds with a lot of HP and armor. He rarely use kicks. That's why he has problems with people who are good at blocking and fast enough to get in his face and "outspam" him.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2012, 12:46:49 pm »
Just let this thread die allready
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2012, 01:11:52 pm »
Not even close to the best dueling weapons. Way too short. Means vulnerable to kicks and can't play the range game.

If you need to be within kick-range to kill anyone with a 1h it's just you being shit, xunt. I find dueling with say an italian much easier than with a poleaxe/danish. Being shielder in battle I find easier than being 2h/pole too but swashbuckling is less effective since you loose the arrow proof, which is the biggest plus for one-handers in battle. Swasbuckling is for true pros like Teeth
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2012, 01:24:27 pm »
[...]
Swasbuckling is for true pros like Teeth
...or those you just enjoy it.

Why is everyone always implying that killing = fun, surviving = fun?
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2171
  • Infamy: 141
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2012, 01:52:45 pm »
+1
Actually I think that in order to buff swashbucklers heavy weapon stun should be removed. They have length and some of them have CT. Stun is over the top.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2012, 02:00:01 pm »
Stun is fine. Having a shield is a nice thing.

When you sling it behind your back or decide not to take one, well. But 1h weapons are designed to be used with shield. If someone wants to intentionally play hard mode, there is no need to make it easier; and if someone wants a more effective sidearm without spending an extra slot, or to be more effective with no shield, then I don't think that is so good, no.

Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 22, 2012, 02:13:00 pm »
If you need to be within kick-range to kill anyone with a 1h it's just you being shit, xunt. I find dueling with say an italian much easier than with a poleaxe/danish. Being shielder in battle I find easier than being 2h/pole too but swashbuckling is less effective since you loose the arrow proof, which is the biggest plus for one-handers in battle. Swasbuckling is for true pros like Teeth

You don't need to be within kick-range but that means you're very limited in your attacking options and since you have to attack from max range your attacks are very easy to see and block...

You find dueling with an italian easier because it doesn't matter what weapon you use if you're a nub, will suck regardless

As opposed to the 135-170 of 2h. That's great, I'm sure you'll come out on top with 110-120.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 22, 2012, 02:44:09 pm »
As opposed to the 135-170 of 2h. That's great, I'm sure you'll come out on top with 110-120.
What? That is just the stab, the right swing and stab of the long 1h's are almost comparable in effective range to all the other attacks. I love the 2h stab, as a 1h its quite easy to hit them during the stab stun after you blocked it, or chambered it.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #89 on: June 22, 2012, 02:47:26 pm »
...or those you just enjoy it.

Why is everyone always implying that killing = fun, surviving = fun?

I just said it to please Teeth. Swashbucklers needs to know how awesome their class is :P

You don't need to be within kick-range but that means you're very limited in your attacking options and since you have to attack from max range your attacks are very easy to see and block...

You can bait kicks and punish them with stabs to the face or changing movement rashly, and circle them when you anticipate a kick. If you punish them for 1-2 kicks they'll mostly don't dare it anymore and you can play a bit with facehugging too.

Who said you had to outreach them to play range-game? If you stay in your outer range of the right swing, you'll often punish them for double-attacking. They believe you can't reach you and wants to double-attack, you throw a right swing to their face before he finishes the second swing. The surprise-element of the right swing and its length can give you hits where you otherwise wouldn't.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.