Author Topic: Add Decapitation  (Read 2882 times)

Offline Aljo

• Knight
  • Renown: 64
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Using hammer outside construction sites since 2009
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Principality of Ultio
  • Game nicks: Aljo
  • IRC nick: Aljo
Re: Add Decapitation
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2012, 12:39:18 pm »
I dont need this in crpg, and frankly dont want it. Crpg is for all ages near enough, so sorry if im old fashioned but dont want little children seeing decapitation in the game.

Little children? It's a 16+ game, so they shouldn't be playing this game at all. If their parents let them, it's their fault for any implications on the young mind.
I don't know if you were thinking at all writing that post.

The idea of slashing and stabbing someone, knocking them down with a heavy weapon, blood splatter on hits,...
I think that is provocative enough, adding decap adds to realism not that much to gore level, imho.

If you find decap offensive, turn the gore off and continue.

Can't understand why devs don't implement this, most of the code is done anyways.
Gore on/off should be easily moddable too...

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2012, 12:51:25 pm »
It's a 12+ game (at least in Germany and theres no rating if bought online) and even children under that age are playing and are able to purchase the game (with the help of parents, or even without). There are many players who are between 10 and 14 years old. Probably more than above 40.

Decapitation might look nice, but the thing is, when does it happen? When you make a hit to the head? Would be realistic, wouldnt it? When you do enough damage to 1hit? Maybe...

I dont need it and most players neither do. I even turned off blood, not only for fps reasons.
It would be indeed a nice feature, but not needed at all. :)

Gore on/off should be easily moddable too...
Yes, that would be useful indeed.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Aljo

• Knight
  • Renown: 64
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Using hammer outside construction sites since 2009
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Principality of Ultio
  • Game nicks: Aljo
  • IRC nick: Aljo
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2012, 12:02:50 pm »
It's a 12+ game (at least in Germany and theres no rating if bought online) and even children under that age are playing and are able to purchase the game (with the help of parents, or even without). There are many players who are between 10 and 14 years old. Probably more than above 40.

Decapitation might look nice, but the thing is, when does it happen? When you make a hit to the head? Would be realistic, wouldnt it? When you do enough damage to 1hit? Maybe...

I dont need it and most players neither do. I even turned off blood, not only for fps reasons.
It would be indeed a nice feature, but not needed at all. :)
Yes, that would be useful indeed.

I don't think you catch my drift. I know kids are playing this game, although they shouldn't (at least with gore on).
That is why decap should be only in "gore on" mode only, do you finally understand what I am saying now?

And, sorry to say this, but we, the real men, do need this feature.
So we can feel like real men.
And still act like real men.