Author Topic: Mapmaking Question - Doors  (Read 1613 times)

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
Mapmaking Question - Doors
« on: June 17, 2012, 04:14:32 am »
Making a siege map - got spawns and flag and ladders and gatehouse and even siege tower working right.

How do you make destructable doors not open for both teams?

Right now they are destructable as they should be, but they can also be opened by the attacking team, from the outside :(

How do I set these "permissions" or does the server do that in crpg?
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Ozin

• Duke
  • Renown: 584
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • IRC nick: Ozin
Re: Mapmaking Question - Doors
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 04:39:51 am »
There are two types of doors, they vary from scene prop to scene prop. One can only be opened from one side, but by both teams. The other type can only be opened by defenders, but can be opened from both sides.

On a side note, I'm working on the next version of siege mode, where multiple flags will be supported, and custom round time per map. Old siege maps will also be supported. Just letting you know since you're in the middle of making a siege scene ;)

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 05:34:53 am »
Good to know Ozin, thanks.

Which one is the one that can only be opened by the defending team and can be destroyed by attackers?

Right now im using the one in objects - door_destructable
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 06:36:24 am by Elindor »

Offline Ozin

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 02:21:04 pm »
I think there are some doors found togther with some castle props. Maybe f_castle_.. , or maybe it was castle_f_.. , can't remember

Offline Saatana

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 06:54:17 pm »
On a side note, I'm working on the next version of siege mode, where multiple flags will be supported, and custom round time per map. Old siege maps will also be supported. Just letting you know since you're in the middle of making a siege scene ;)
That sounds rather interesting. Do you have any ideas when that would be added? Is it matter of weeks, months, years? Also do the the multiple flags work so that the attackers need to capture them all to win, or do they just need to capture one of them to win? Just asking cause I started making my first siege map today, and if that gamemode is going to be added anytime soon, I'll just make that map straight for that mode...

Offline Ozin

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 07:33:11 pm »
+2
That sounds rather interesting. Do you have any ideas when that would be added? Is it matter of weeks, months, years?
Hopefully I can have a test server up and running in about 2-4 weeks from now, but it's hard to say really, who knows what bugs will pop up.

Also do the the multiple flags work so that the attackers need to capture them all to win, or do they just need to capture one of them to win? Just asking cause I started making my first siege map today, and if that gamemode is going to be added anytime soon, I'll just make that map straight for that mode...
Nothing is set in stone yet, needs testing, but I'll tell you how I think it will be. Attackers must capture all the flags to win the round. There will be a special scene prop that will act as a spawn point (same as entry point), each spawn point must be linked to a flag, and the team that has control of a flag can spawn on said flag (selects a random spawn point that is linked to the flag). There will be a spawn menu that you can access while dead where you can select your preferred spawn flag.

As for the flags, the map maker will have some choices. I'm adding the option to group flags into layers, where the map maker can place as many flags as he wants into a layer, and as many layers as he wants (can also place all flags into just one layer). If there are more than one layer, the attackers must capture all the flags in the first layer before they can start taking flags in the 2nd, and so on. If you add only one flag per layer, and have a lot of them, the map would be a bit tug-of-war'ish and linear for example.

The map maker (most likely), will be able to set the round time limit as well, so that's another way to balance your map. In general, I'm hoping for longer round times than we have in the current siege mode.

There will be more features in it, but I think the details above is enough to give you a rough idea of how it will play.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 07:37:00 pm »
Ozin can you please give us some info on how/if siege equipment and ladders will be integrated in the upcoming siege update?
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Ozin

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2012, 07:38:07 pm »
+1
Ozin can you please give us some info on how/if siege equipment and ladders will be integrated in the upcoming siege update?
Not yet.

Offline Jacko

• Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2012, 07:39:55 pm »
+1
<3 ozin
Monkeys!

Offline Mustikki

• Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2012, 09:05:29 pm »
Q: How to make the "door_destructible" object be openable by only one faction?
Try the various castle_e/f_door and castle_e/f_sally_doors. Sally doors can only be opened from one side by either faction, and the non-sally doors can be opened from both sides by only the defenders. Both can be destroyed.

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2012, 11:35:12 pm »
Thanks Mustikki!

Offline Deathwhisper

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers guild
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2012, 12:49:28 pm »
Hopefully I can have a test server up and running in about 2-4 weeks from now, but it's hard to say really, who knows what bugs will pop up.
Nothing is set in stone yet, needs testing, but I'll tell you how I think it will be. Attackers must capture all the flags to win the round. There will be a special scene prop that will act as a spawn point (same as entry point), each spawn point must be linked to a flag, and the team that has control of a flag can spawn on said flag (selects a random spawn point that is linked to the flag). There will be a spawn menu that you can access while dead where you can select your preferred spawn flag.

As for the flags, the map maker will have some choices. I'm adding the option to group flags into layers, where the map maker can place as many flags as he wants into a layer, and as many layers as he wants (can also place all flags into just one layer). If there are more than one layer, the attackers must capture all the flags in the first layer before they can start taking flags in the 2nd, and so on. If you add only one flag per layer, and have a lot of them, the map would be a bit tug-of-war'ish and linear for example.

The map maker (most likely), will be able to set the round time limit as well, so that's another way to balance your map. In general, I'm hoping for longer round times than we have in the current siege mode.

There will be more features in it, but I think the details above is enough to give you a rough idea of how it will play.

This sounds great! The 6min time limit on EU2 was way too short and was severely restricting the possibilities of map makers, now we'll be able to make better and more diversified maps.

Also, while we're talking about doors, does someone know how to make "teleport" doors? (Instead of opening the door when you activate it, you get teleported to another door, which allows you to add interiors to buildings. Play Deaf Blind Dave's maps on US_GK_siege if you want to see what I mean) I guess some scripting is needed, but sadly not everyone is good at it  :cry:

Offline Ozin

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2012, 01:19:39 pm »
This sounds great! The 6min time limit on EU2 was way too short and was severely restricting the possibilities of map makers, now we'll be able to make better and more diversified maps.

Also, while we're talking about doors, does someone know how to make "teleport" doors? (Instead of opening the door when you activate it, you get teleported to another door, which allows you to add interiors to buildings. Play Deaf Blind Dave's maps on US_GK_siege if you want to see what I mean) I guess some scripting is needed, but sadly not everyone is good at it  :cry:
Needs scripts running server-side. I could easily add some custom doors that do this. Don't know how abusable it would be though (think enemy players holding attacks in front of the target position)