Author Topic: nerf archers  (Read 13395 times)

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
Re: nerf archers
« Reply #120 on: June 18, 2012, 11:57:36 pm »
1 shield skill shields won't cover enough to properly block, throwing without proper investement is only good for throwing inaccurate daggers in the back of kiting archers and we're talking about 2h infantryman, so the horse is irrelevant.

As for my class, there are way... way worst builds to play (my 13 shield skill alt springs to mind)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Tindel

• Earl
  • Renown: 333
  • Infamy: 238
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tindel
« Reply #121 on: June 18, 2012, 11:57:56 pm »
I dont play 2hander

Offline Tindel

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 18, 2012, 11:58:32 pm »
Heavy board shield,  4shield skill.

best shield in game,

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #123 on: June 18, 2012, 11:59:39 pm »
+1

i lol'd, just imagine the facepalm gif now

I just looked through your past posts cos I don't even know who you are, and when i saw this, I realised that any argument you give is invalid, now, then, forever.

"We need more admins like nuffen, to enforce rules and teach the little children to behave like adults"

"Nuff" said.

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #124 on: June 19, 2012, 12:00:18 am »
nerf torch !!!!!!11!!! also nerf long voulge !!!!!!11!!/38627678&/%$(

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
« Reply #125 on: June 19, 2012, 12:01:25 am »
Heavy board shield,  4shield skill.

best shield in game,

Can't spare points for that.

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #126 on: June 19, 2012, 12:04:00 am »
This is a perfect example of I am Paper, nerf scissors, rock is fine. - as already said some place in this thread.
Rock paper scissors balance doesn't have any place in a game where you control a single character. Absolutely every single class should be able to kill every other class if played well.

Offline Tindel

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 19, 2012, 12:05:54 am »
I just looked through your past posts cos I don't even know who you are, and when i saw this, I realised that any argument you give is invalid, now, then, forever.

"We need more admins like nuffen, to enforce rules and teach the little children to behave like adults"

"Nuff" said.

I just DID NOT look through your past posts cos i dont give a fuck about you boy, its entertaining to watch your attempts to flame and be a e-thug toughguy.
Im serious,  its really funny.   Please dont stop, throw some more cool ass oneliners or phrases at me.

As for the nuffen quote,   only obnoxious assholes had a problem with him,    go figure eh xD

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #128 on: June 19, 2012, 12:08:15 am »
boy

Fail.

You must play my old friendcher on cRPG to keep replying like this.

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #129 on: June 19, 2012, 12:09:51 am »
+1
Rock-paper-scissors is just nonsense.

That said, people should buy a shield before they start whining, but shield bump range should be increased somewhat, when you see an archer "push" the bow into someone's shield, that is just crap. And when someone like leoking with his 9 athl build, buckler and light gear can't catch an archer, that is just silly stuff. I would not mind if they were more effective in supporting roles (eg. shooting down horses and such) and perhaps had a better selection of 0 slot weapons but the kiting ability is over the top, esp. now with jumpshooting not yet patched on EU1, and nocking arrows on the run.

I mean, yeh, throwing + shield + sword did work well for countering them in old crpg but throwing hybrids took a good nerf from what I can see.

Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #130 on: June 19, 2012, 12:16:18 am »
+1
Rock paper scissors balance doesn't have any place in a game where you control a single character. Absolutely every single class should be able to kill every other class if played well.

Your right, but I was just using it as an example of balance  :|

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #131 on: June 19, 2012, 12:18:08 am »
Archery definitely is leaps and bounds ahead of normal archery when an archer has mw'd bow and arrows. But I don't understand why people want archery to be nerfed further. Archers already have to put everything into archery to do well consistently with their bow being their only way of dealing damage that has a limited amount of arrows to draw on.

If you want to nerf archery, say what about it is unbalanced and how you think it can be fairly rebalanced. A lot of people just cry nerf, as shown by the dozens of nerf archery threads, without putting forth any plan to nerf it, whether its a good one or a crappy one.

People just hate dying to ranged and that's the sole reason some people want it nerfed. Some people do have a valid reason with people with a lot of IF and armor getting 2 shotted and etc. However without proof that it was an archer that did it that did not headshot him and a crossbow bolt may have hit him first, etc, it can't be said that archery is too strong. Plus there's other factors that help ranged like running towards them which does more damage and being above you, etc. A combo of the best possible variables that can assist the archer in getting more damage than normal can tip the scales to be able to 2 shot someone they normally couldn't.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #132 on: June 19, 2012, 12:24:37 am »
Rock-paper-scissors is just nonsense.

That said, people should buy a shield before they start whining, but shield bump range should be increased somewhat, when you see an archer "push" the bow into someone's shield, that is just crap. And when someone like leoking with his 9 athl build, buckler and light gear can't catch an archer, that is just silly stuff. I would not mind if they were more effective in supporting roles (eg. shooting down horses and such) and perhaps had a better selection of 0 slot weapons but the kiting ability is over the top, esp. now with jumpshooting not yet patched on EU1, and nocking arrows on the run.

I mean, yeh, throwing + shield + sword did work well for countering them in old crpg but throwing hybrids took a good nerf from what I can see.

Yeah it seems shield bump has been reduced in its effectivness. The kiting thing is understandable though since archery requires wpf to be put entirely into archery. Archers only put wpf into melee when they have spare wpf at 30 (if they're retiring at 31). So the nerfs have put archers who have been moving towards rus bows into favoring kiting since melee is most likely suicide over simply kiting. Archers forsake melee capability over ranged ability which makes them flee from melee. Aderyn is the best archer I can think of to fit this since he will NOT fight in melee at all over simply kiting. He's a good archer though. Hurts like hell.

Throwing took a huge hit but is still viable. I don't think it works well though if you try to hybrid it with melee. I haven't done a throwing build in a while though.

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #133 on: June 19, 2012, 12:27:43 am »
Nerf swashbucklers!
Pock gobblers

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 19, 2012, 12:40:18 am »
 :cry: :(