Poll

Would you like it improved?

Yes
64 (54.2%)
No
54 (45.8%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: [IMPROVE] Turning speed limit(!)  (Read 6966 times)

Offline Spa_geh_tea

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearded Vagrant
Re: [IMPROVE] Turning speed limit(!)
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2012, 05:19:56 pm »
I like it.

More teamwork less game mechanic abuse.

Offline engurrand

• Psychopath
  • Earl
  • Renown: 359
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
  • Trifecta
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kingdom of Veluca
« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2012, 05:28:37 pm »
lol sucks to train for a game feature then have it removed.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2012, 12:51:09 am »
I use a stabbing 1h and this has basically killed it. please do something for 1h  :cry:  :cry:

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2012, 01:02:06 am »
I use a stabbing 1h and this has basically killed it. please do something for 1h  :cry:  :cry:

Why? You can still spinstab 90° arcs, which should be enough, shouldn't it? I played with both 1h and 2dir spears today and although there were a few situations in which I died because I couldn't turn fast enough, I was mostly still doing fine. I think it depends a bit on the weapon, the ashwood pike was fine, but the long awlpike seems to be pretty useless now.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2012, 02:17:18 am »
Why? You can still spinstab 90° arcs, which should be enough, shouldn't it? I played with both 1h and 2dir spears today and although there were a few situations in which I died because I couldn't turn fast enough, I was mostly still doing fine. I think it depends a bit on the weapon, the ashwood pike was fine, but the long awlpike seems to be pretty useless now.

because lolstabbing the 1h was a safe way to get through because 1h thrust is kind of f up

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2012, 02:24:25 am »
+1
1handed stab nerfed along with all others, but 1handers, stop crying, we are still the most skilled players.  8-)
I don't know enough

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2012, 08:35:24 am »
Sure.

And George W. Bush is the leader of al Qaida.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2012, 08:51:47 am »
+1
retarbjord
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline BashirKhan

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2012, 09:05:14 am »
God, the community wants realism, even though this game is specifically/purposely unrealistic. The old system we had worked fine. I imagine this all originated from some QQ thread about spinning "being op". It's going to get to the point where this mod dies because of too much realism being implemented. I for one don't approve of the newest implementations such as the reduction on turning speed and the doing away with polestagger, and I'm a 2h ffs.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2012, 10:16:31 am »
Since when did you start speaking for the whole community?
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 13, 2012, 10:39:20 am »
because lolstabbing the 1h was a safe way to get through because 1h thrust is kind of f up

Yeah, and you can still do it. At least I can.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline BashirKhan

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2012, 10:41:26 am »
Since when did you start speaking for the whole community?
I wasn't aware that i was, im one person, god knows there are people who disagree with me. I was just venting about the recent patches and what not.

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #87 on: June 13, 2012, 03:53:55 pm »
Definitely should keep this in for a week or two let people get settled with it, already the difference between when it first got changed and just a day after people are picking up on the change and adapting, won't be long till almost everybody has adjusted. Then we can really see what the change has affected, once a majority has experimented and adapted you can see where the change took you. & then we can text wall about how bad/good it is.

Offline Spook Island

• Shitposter
  • Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 165
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Truth Teller
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2012, 04:20:41 pm »
This game is going downhill drastically with all the recent nerfs.     I played a few rounds Monday afternoon, after a month-long hiatus, and couldn't believe how wonky melee had become as a two hand user.
Pretty soon we'll all be playing a game that has been dumbed down to the levels of world of warcraft.

My friend got me into this game because it took a lot of skill to play, but frankly I don't think that is the case anymore.

It seems like the developers are genuinely trying to pidgeonhole people into playing certain classes like cav, ranged, or sword and board.
Maybe it's a coordinated effort to remove interest in the game in time for the release mount and blade 2.  :rolleyes:

:idea: Spinning didn't need to be nerfed for anything other than pike because of the drastic length.  But, Instead of getting a minor tweak for an extremely specific problem for an individual weapon, the developers smashed a very minor niche problem with a sledgehammer and ended up creating far more glaring issues that need solving over entire general mechanic areas.

Now we're left with ground combat that feels wonky, lagged, and anything but fluid.  Melee feels as rough and disjointed as the thought processes of a 90 year old woman with a severe case of Alzheimer's disease coupled with Dimensia.  I now get the impression my weapon is being tugged on by an invisible spectre who is trying to sabotage me from hitting an enemy player.

Overhand swings are basically worthless now in a 1 on 1 confrontation due to the lack of speed, range, and nearly total lack of maneuverability.  Stabs aren't far behind.  The entire vertical spectrum of combat is now obsolete because of players who would much rather play an FPS version of diablo 3 rather than a mod derived from the Mount and Blade engine that rewards skill rather than overzealous, unreasonable whining from people that don't want to deal with any kind of learning curve whatsoever.

It's about 5 times harder to stab passing cavalry, who aren't barreling toward me head on, as I am now trying to stab a fast moving target with the game physic mechanics that I'm 100ft underwater and wearing a sweater made out of solid lead.

No spinning mechanics needed to be nerfed whatsoever for anything other than the pike due to how long it is.  People need to stop screaming for nerfs just because they don't know how to block the easiest, most telegraphed, and expected attack in the entire game; the simple stab.

It seemed like dexterity was finally getting equal treatment to strength, but the disparity between the benefits of both has never been more blatant and obvious than it is now.
Dexterity is now obsolete as an attribute.  It was drowned by the tears of a thousand strength crutchers who don't want to play a skill based game.

By the way, I have never played a Dex build. the closest I've ever come is pure balance, but there is no way in hell I would ever consider being even remotely balanced now.
The magic of this mod is quickly drying up.  It is dying to appeal to a mass of casuals.  If history of the gaming industry has shown us anything, this is how all great franchises ultimately die in spirit.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2012, 04:36:08 pm »
Why? You can still spinstab 90° arcs, which should be enough, shouldn't it?
With my 1h I can't. 45-60 degrees at most.

I can't chamber lances and hit the the butt of the horse anymore. I can't chamber stabs and hit the guy anymore if he moves sideways. The turning is so slow. It is seriously not much faster than a person moving at close range, which is my effective range with a 1h overhead.